Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Metro 2033™ - PC Specs Revealed

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Oj101 View Post
    It's the 16th, when does it hit retail?
    It already did in Germany Amazon.de just send my copy (2 hours after I ordered it).

Read a few tests, they said it was way to short but even scarier than Doom 3 (I really hope so...).

Can't wait Screw exams!

Should arrive tomorrow, if you want I can provide screenshots and the like.
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 03-16-2010 at 07:54 AM.
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by initialised View Post
    nVidia are busy tuning/gimping it so that it runs like a dog on 5970.
    ATi are responsible for their lack of Crossfire performance. Nice benchmark cards. In actual gaming however, Crossfire often has problems with stuttering and slowdowns.

Xtremely Kool
    Quote Originally Posted by cx-ray View Post
    ATi are responsible for their lack of Crossfire performance. Nice benchmark cards. In actual gaming however, Crossfire often has problems with stuttering and slowdowns.
    ATi are not responsible for their lack of Crossfire performance.
    Crossfire often has no problems with stuttering or slowdowns.

Xtreme Mentor
    I am shocked at the performance :O it gives to ATi hardware i was thinking ATi cards will be crippled not only in things like AA, etc but also in general FPS, etc....

After all its TWIMTBP and i am surprised how well 5870 handled it. But i do think that even a GTX 470 may out perform 5870 not to mention the GTX 480.

So does every other multi gpu tech outthere also. There is a reason why its called micro stuttering and not stuttering because it stutters for a fraction of a time its not like the game is unplayable. ATi and Nvida will have top end gpu's that some how utilize dual gpu tech "5970/Fermi x2"
    Last edited by ajaidev; 03-16-2010 at 08:06 AM.
    Coming Soon

Visitor
    I personally play with 2x Sli GTX280. On the x58 platform it's the most trouble free multi GPU solution I've seen. The pace that ATi fixes game related performance issues simply doesn't keep up with Nvidia.

Xtreme Addict
    would like to see some 5770/ CF benchmarks

will tell me if I should get another 5770 and a WC kit or a 5870.
    i7 920 @ 4GHz 1.25v
    GTX 470 @ 859MHz 1062mv

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokinhow View Post
    Wohoo, crappy engine, surprising... NOT.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

I hate people in this forum.... "If its not Crysis it s0xx"

I personally like the way the game looks, and I like the idea when a game challenges your hardware.

If anyone has read the Russian article, you can see what 4A is doing here.
    They are approaching the game engine in a different way. They are pushing current hardware to the max, basically just like crysis did when it came out.
    The Russian article talks aboout DX 11 not being enough for 4A, they want to make the most beautiful looking game on PC.

PLEASE DON'T COMPARE THIS TO CRYSIS JUNGLES! PLEASE PEOPLE STEP OUTSIDE OF THE CLOSET!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Final8ty View Post
    ATi are not responsible for their lack of Crossfire performance.
    Crossfire often has no problems with stuttering or slowdowns.
    hee hee, I see what you did there

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So the game isn't even officially released in the US market (so therefore no driver optimizations or considerations), no one here has even run the game on their sytem, and this is one of a handful of ACTUAL DX11 games, arguably the most advanced yet, and you are going to automatically assume its a poorly coded engine? How many more blind assumptions and claims can we make about something we know little to nothing about today?

Ryzen 3800X @ 4.4Ghz
    MSI X570 Unify
    32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL14
    Sapphire Nitro Vega 64
    OCZ Gold 850W ZX Series
    Thermaltake LV10

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by munim View Post
    hee hee, I see what you did there
    While you're having fun search for the few honest people on this forum who have both tried Crossfire and SLI and dare to mention something negative about what they own.

Just for starters I'll tell you something bad about SLI on my current GTX280 SLI system. In MW2 single player, 1920 x 1200 @ 4AA. Runs like garbage with vsync and not much better without it. Frame rate is irregular depending on the direction you look in. L4D & L4D2 ran perfectly until the last two driver updates. Now I experience slowdowns in some sections with online game play. It's gotten better again though with the latest beta.

Xtremely Kool
    While you're having fun search for the few honest people on this forum who have both tried Crossfire and SLI and dare to mention something negative about what they own.

Just for starters I'll tell you something bad about SLI on my current GTX280 SLI system. In MW2 single player, 1920 x 1200 @ 4AA. Runs like garbage with vsync and not much better without it. Frame rate is irregular depending on the direction you look in. L4D & L4D2 ran perfectly until the last two driver updates. Now I experience slowdowns in some sections with online game play. It's gotten better again though with the latest beta.
    I know many CF & SLI users who have have nothing but good experiences i also know many who have nothing but issues with both.

Its the luck of the draw with each setup & NV drivers latest few drivers have had loads of issues for many & that has even killed cards & many keep going back to older versions.
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=18121834

Swings & roundabouts.
    I would not go around claiming that one was better than the other for everyone or that your personal experience goes for everyone.
    Last edited by Final8ty; 03-16-2010 at 09:37 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawleZ View Post
    So the game isn't even officially released in the US market (so therefore no driver optimizations or considerations), no one here has even run the game on their sytem, and this is one of a handful of ACTUAL DX11 games, arguably the most advanced yet, and you are going to automatically assume its a poorly coded engine? How many more blind assumptions and claims can we make about something we know little to nothing about today?
    last time I checked adding depth of field didn't halve fps.
    i7 920 @ 4GHz 1.25v
    GTX 470 @ 859MHz 1062mv

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Helloworld_98 View Post
    last time I checked adding depth of field didn't halve fps.
    On which engine? Just because it takes a performance hit doesn't mean its poorly coded. Chances are its adding many more polygons and algorithms to be calculated than we've seen previously. Soft shadows did the very same thing in 2004 with F.E.A.R.. Does that mean its its a poorly coded engine? Crysis crushed sytems upon release and people wanted to point fingers at the CryEngine then too. Only now after the drivers mature and hardware advances will people concede to the fact it was simply ahead of its time.

Ryzen 3800X @ 4.4Ghz
    MSI X570 Unify
    Sapphire Nitro Vega 64
    OCZ Gold 850W ZX Series
    Thermaltake LV10

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionHD View Post
    I hate people in this forum.... "If its not Crysis it s0xx"

I personally like the way the game looks, and I like the idea when a game challenges your hardware.

If anyone has read the Russian article, you can see what 4A is doing here.
    They are approaching the game engine in a different way. They are pushing current hardware to the max, basically just like crysis did when it came out.
    The Russian article talks aboout DX 11 not being enough for 4A, they want to make the most beautiful looking game on PC.

PLEASE DON'T COMPARE THIS TO CRYSIS JUNGLES! PLEASE PEOPLE STEP OUTSIDE OF THE CLOSET!
    But what i have see so far, it doesnt look better then crysis. Even if it is another setting. Crysis set the bar so high 3 years ago, that it is hard to top that.
    Last edited by Hornet331; 03-16-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    But what i have see so far, it doesnt look better then crysis. Even if it is another setting. Crysis set the bar so high 3 years ago, that it is hard to top that.
    Compare this game to Crysis at night....

like i said earlier, this forum is all about "If its NOT Crysis, its crap"....

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    QFT.
    We saw the videos. We saw the FPS. Not impressive.
    Hope the gameplay is great.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by eric66 View Post
    yeah thats what i saw either ati card are really good in this game at least in dx 10 much better than gtx 2xx series at least difference between 5870 and gtx 285 is near 60 70 percent never saw such huge lead before. btw can anyone compare dx 11 with dx 10 so we can actually see if dx 11 really brings something to the table
    It's very likely that Nvidia hasn't optimized it's drivers for this game yet......nor ATI for that matter.
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    32 GB G.Skill TridentZ @ 3400 CL15 CR1
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Western Digital Raptor 600GB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner
    Sony Optiarc 24x DVD Burner with NEC chipset
    Antec HCP-1200w Power Supply
    Viewsonic XG2703-GS
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
    Logitech G502 gaming mouse w/Razer Exact Mat
    Logitech G910 mechanical gaming keyboard
    Windows 8 x64 Pro

Xtreme Addict
    just a thought, what if fermi is actually so bad that even with far more optimizations it only accidentally got the same or slightly higher fps as the equivalent 5 series on this

or if that did happen it could also be that the 5870 prefers that engine.

also what is this 'adv. PhysX'?
    i7 920 @ 4GHz 1.25v
    GTX 470 @ 859MHz 1062mv

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Its playable on my 4870 1gb at max settings dx 10, but if I turn aa on it slows down way too much.. game looks great and I love the atmosphere so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TJ07BW | i7 980x | Asus RIII | 12Gb Corsair Dominator | 2xSapphire 7950 vapor-x | WD640Gb / SG1.5TB | Corsair HX1000W | 360mm TFC Rad + Swiftech GTZ + MCP655 | Dell U2711

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Loque View Post
    Its playable on my 4870 1gb at max settings dx 10, but if I turn aa on it slows down way too much.. game looks great and I love the atmosphere so far.
    How much memory does the game use?
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    32 GB G.Skill TridentZ @ 3400 CL15 CR1
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Western Digital Raptor 600GB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner
    Sony Optiarc 24x DVD Burner with NEC chipset
    Antec HCP-1200w Power Supply
    Viewsonic XG2703-GS
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
    Logitech G502 gaming mouse w/Razer Exact Mat
    Logitech G910 mechanical gaming keyboard
    Windows 8 x64 Pro

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carfax View Post
    It's very likely that Nvidia hasn't optimized it's drivers for this game yet......nor ATI for that matter.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Helloworld_98 View Post
    just a thought, what if fermi is actually so bad that even with far more optimizations it only accidentally got the same or slightly higher fps as the equivalent 5 series on this

or if that did happen it could also be that the 5870 prefers that engine.

also what is this 'adv. PhysX'?
    Its happened before. Nvidia FX series comes to mind. In fact, the last time we had a major architecture change AND serious delay of product release, we had an HD2900XT vs 8800 GTX mismatch. Funny how on paper even back then 2900XT looked much faster than G80, yet even 8800 GTS G80 outperformed 2900XT. How ironic would it be if 5850 outperforms GTX 480?

Ryzen 3800X @ 4.4Ghz
    MSI X570 Unify
    Sapphire Nitro Vega 64
    OCZ Gold 850W ZX Series
    Thermaltake LV10

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawleZ View Post
    Exactly.

Its happened before. Nvidia FX series comes to mind. In fact, the last time we had a major architecture change AND serious delay of product release, we had an HD2900XT vs 8800 GTX mismatch. Funny how on paper even back then 2900XT looked much faster than G80, yet even 8800 GTS G80 outperformed 2900XT. How ironic would it be if 5850 outperforms GTX 480?
    from what I've seen it wouldn't surprise me if 5750 < GTX 480 < 5770 or if GTX 480 = 5870 x2 on minimum fps.
    i7 920 @ 4GHz 1.25v
    GTX 470 @ 859MHz 1062mv

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carfax View Post
    How much memory does the game use?
    On my PC 1.7GB are used when playing.

And then there's this taken with my 5970...

DX11:

DX10:

DX10 has about 18-20fps more than DX11 mode both in Very High settings.
    ASUS Sabertooth P67B3· nVidia GTX580 1536MB PhysX · Intel Core i7 2600K 4.5GHz · Corsair TX850W · Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    8GB GSKill Sniper PC3-16000 7-8-7 · OCZ Agility3 SSD 240GB + Intel 320 SSD 160GB + Samsung F3 2TB + WD 640AAKS 640GB · Corsair 650D · DELL U2711 27"

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NaMcO View Post
    On my PC 1.7GB are used when playing.

And then there's this taken with my 5970...

DX11:

DX10:

DX10 has about 18-20fps more than DX11 mode both in Very High settings.
    there isn't much difference between dx 10 and dx 11 frm what i see so i suggest everyone to play in dx 10 until patch comes out
    Last edited by eric66; 03-16-2010 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    So for the last 3 months Nvidia talked about Uniengine and then Uniengine and more Uniengine and finally Uniengine. And then takes the best 5 seconds from all the benchmark run, makes a graph and then proudly shows it everywhere.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast