antec 900 case
    pc power and cooling 750watt powersupply
    300gb hd
    p45 asus mobo
    4gb ram
    8800gts 640mb
    core 2 duo e6300 @ 2.8ghz

i curently have enough moeny to upgrade to a 480gtx and watercooling
    i will be upgrading to either a p55 and 860/750 or a x58 930 soon.

what i think i ll be buying:
    swiftech mcp355 pump
    apogee xt extreme cpu coolor (775/1156/1366 compad)
    radiator (unknown at this point, but need a 360)
    tubing (want to have 1/2inch)
    gpu cooler koolance 480gtx

so i have a list of questions:
    1. the antec 900 is prob limited space, i need to mount the 360 rad on the top, how can i mount it here?
    2. what is the best perf/value 360 rad out there?
    3. the mcp355 is 3/8 stock, what is a good top i can replace it with? what are some good fitting i should use? fatboys?
    4. tubing, what is great tubing? where should i buy?
    -i m def looking to go barb'd dont want to spend xtra money for fancey fittings.
    -i know the 6300 is gonna bottleneck the hell out of the 480gtx, but i wont have it for long.
    5. res, what is a good res i should use? where in the antec 900 should i mount it?
    6. quick disconnects, what are these? what are the points? should i use them?

all i can think of for now what i m confused about. please help.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by knowsitall View Post
    specs:
    antec 900 case
    pc power and cooling 750watt powersupply
    300gb hd
    p45 asus mobo
    4gb ram
    8800gts 640mb
    core 2 duo e6300 @ 2.8ghz

i curently have enough moeny to upgrade to a 480gtx and watercooling
    i will be upgrading to either a p55 and 860/750 or a x58 930 soon.

what i think i ll be buying:
    swiftech mcp355 pump
    apogee xt extreme cpu coolor (775/1156/1366 compad)
    radiator (unknown at this point, but need a 360)
    tubing (want to have 1/2inch)
    gpu cooler koolance 480gtx

so i have a list of questions:
    1. the antec 900 is prob limited space, i need to mount the 360 rad on the top, how can i mount it here?
    2. what is the best perf/value 360 rad out there?
    3. the mcp355 is 3/8 stock, what is a good top i can replace it with? what are some good fitting i should use? fatboys?
    4. tubing, what is great tubing? where should i buy?
    -i m def looking to go barb'd dont want to spend xtra money for fancey fittings.
    -i know the 6300 is gonna bottleneck the hell out of the 480gtx, but i wont have it for long.
    5. res, what is a good res i should use? where in the antec 900 should i mount it?
    6. quick disconnects, what are these? what are the points? should i use them?

all i can think of for now what i m confused about. please help.
    1. Since the 900 doesn't have a uniform surface on top where you can easily mount the radiator+fans on, it means you'll probably have to fashion some standoffs yourself.
    2. the Swiftech MCR 320 is the best bang for buck radiator out there.
    3. The EK DDC X-Top is a good choice. I doubt there are 'better' quality fittings. Most prefer Bitspower, but Fatboys are a good choice as well.
    4. I would recommend Primochill LRT. Though I haven't tried it myself, a lot of people consider it great tubing.
    5. Because the 900 isn't the biggest case, I would recommend either a 100 or a 150 EK reservoir, like these
    6. Quick Disconnects are mainly used when you unplug your system a lot. They allow disconnection of seperate parts of the loop, without draining. But due to their relatively high restriction, I wouldn't recommend them. I also doubt you would need them.
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    1. Since the 900 doesn't have a uniform surface on top where you can easily mount the radiator+fans on, it means you'll probably have to fashion some standoffs yourself.
    2. the Swiftech MCR 320 is the best bang for buck radiator out there.
    3. The EK DDC X-Top is a good choice. I doubt there are 'better' quality fittings. Most prefer Bitspower, but Fatboys are a good choice as well.
    4. I would recommend Primochill LRT. Though I haven't tried it myself, a lot of people consider it great tubing.
    5. Because the 900 isn't the biggest case, I would recommend either a 100 or a 150 EK reservoir, like these
    6. Quick Disconnects are mainly used when you unplug your system a lot. They allow disconnection of seperate parts of the loop, without draining. But due to their relatively high restriction, I wouldn't recommend them. I also doubt you would need them.
    1. how about if i somehow just mounted the rad in the back before it starts to slant down? and drilled some holes in the tray above the power and reset buttons, u think this would work? here is a idea i had, might be fail.

2,3,4,5 and 6. K, thanks will listen to this adivce.

Xtreme Mentor
    The 200mm fan is way to weak, low pressure and low CFM for your rad. The fans WILL need to be replaced. Basically the top of the case needs gutted to put a rad right on top.

A 900? Rad goes off the back on spacers or you buy a new case. I have seen a pro mod by Petra with TWO 120x2 on the front sides replacing ALL the front bay slots except the top two. Very nice. Hard drives needed to be moved too.

BTW, your pushing the 480 and your CPU for heatload. Your CPU wouldn't be really happy if your overclock the CPU and GPU.

Maybe you need a few links.............. Step back. You don't have a big picture of watercooling yet.

http://www.overclockers.com/guide-deltat-water-cooling/
    http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...96&postcount=3
    Last edited by Conumdrum; 07-01-2010 at 11:06 PM.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

Xtreme Addict
    Sure that would be possible. One word of advice: I'm not sure if you plan on using that 200mm fan in combination with 3 120mm fans. Because the 200mm fan produces more CFM than the 120mm fans (but lower pressure), and 2 fans in push/pull with different CFM will reduce the lifespan of both fans. also, the 200mm will lose some air past the radiator. You're better off just using 3 120mm fans, and perhaps even completely removing the 200mm fan, to prevent any restriction for the last 120mm fan.
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    Mondays:

Quote Originally Posted by Conumdrum View Post
    The 200mm fan is way to weak, low pressure and low CFM for your rad. The fans WILL need to be replaced. Basically the top of the case needs gutted to put a rad right on top.

A 900? Rad goes off the back on spacers or you buy a new case. I have seen a pro mod by Petra with TWO 120x2 on the front sides replacing ALL the front bay slots except the top two. Very nice. Hard drives needed to be moved too.

BTW, your pushing the 480 and your CPU for heatload. Your CPU wouldn't be really happy if your overclock the CPU and GPU.

Maybe you need a few links.............. Step back. You don't have a big picture of watercooling yet.

http://www.overclockers.com/guide-deltat-water-cooling/
    http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...96&postcount=3
    so your saying i should run two loops? how do u think i should run it. should i direct it to the rad inbetween the cpu and gPU? i cant believe that i gotta run 2 loops for a cpu and a gpu only??

Sure that would be possible. One word of advice: I'm not sure if you plan on using that 200mm fan in combination with 3 120mm fans. Because the 200mm fan produces more CFM than the 120mm fans (but lower pressure), and 2 fans in push/pull with different CFM will reduce the lifespan of both fans. also, the 200mm will lose some air past the radiator. You're better off just using 3 120mm fans, and perhaps even completely removing the 200mm fan, to prevent any restriction for the last 120mm fan.
    no the 200mm fan is dead. i just used the 200mm fan and calculated where 360mm should be by the size of the large fan so i know where to drill the two holes on the image for the rad in and output. do you think i should just flip the rad around 180 degrees and run the rad input and output threw the grill of the 200mm fan? like this:

Xtreme Addict
    It would make for an easier tubing route. I think either way would be fine, and suggest going with the way you prefer better.
    Mondays:

It would make for an easier tubing route. I think either way would be fine, and suggest going with the way you prefer better.
    so the poster above said that i m gonna be eating heat with this loop, how can i make my temps better?

so the poster above said that i m gonna be eating heat with this loop, how can i make my temps better?
    please help me answer these questions.

when running a i7 and a 480gtx both overclocked as much as i can, what will the ideal loop for this setup be>? 2rads?1 rads? 2pumps 1 pump? 2 loops?

please help me answer these questions.

when running a i7 and a 480gtx both overclocked as much as i can, what will the ideal loop for this setup be>? 2rads?1 rads? 2pumps 1 pump? 2 loops?
    to get good temps with that i would think that u would need 4 fans of rads as an oced i7 is 200-250W and the 480 is 300W stock and would guess over 400W overclocked. u could get a 2 fan stick it on the top and stick another one of the front any maybe keep them inside the case
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    to get good temps with that i would think that u would need 4 fans of rads as an oced i7 is 200-250W and the 480 is 300W stock and would guess over 400W overclocked. u could get a 2 fan stick it on the top and stick another one of the front any maybe keep them inside the case
    so ur saying my loop should be like this:
    res -> pump -> rad1 -> cpu -> rad2 ->gpu -> res
    ??

u think one mcp 355 is enough for this? i m gonna get a good 1/2inch tubing top for it.

also the apogee xt is pretty expensive, what is another cpu block that is comparable for cheaperr? isnt it the 3.0 something?

can i get a head that would mount to pumps together? would this be a good idea for my situation?

it dosnt matter the order just put the rez before the pump it dose not matter what order u put the items in the water will flow around quickly and will be about the same temp throughout, and a 355 with a top will be more than enough power. i would go with the EK v2 top and i would go 3.8" id 5/8"od, there is no difference in performance from 1/2" ID and i hate my 1/2" 3/4" its unwieldy and takes up to much space but has no meaningful advantage.

also u could do a 3 fan like u want then a 2 fan in the front and get good temps.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 07-02-2010 at 03:05 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

it dosnt matter the order just put the rez before the pump it dose not matter what order u put the items in the water will flow around quickly and will be about the same temp throughout, and a 355 with a top will be more than enough power. i would go with the EK v2 top and i would go 3.8" id 5/8"od, there is no difference in performance from 1/2" ID and i hate my 1/2" 3/4" its unwieldy and takes up to much space but has no meaningful advantage.

also u could do a 3 fan like u want then a 2 fan in the front and get good temps.
    hm interesting about the tube size, didnt know that.

but if i was res - pump - rad1 - rad2 -cpu - gpu - res, the order would matter right??

whats a good cheap cpu block?

why do people run dual or triple pumps in one top?

Xtreme Guru
    Sometimes people run dual pumps in one loop to get good flow even when there are many restrictive waterblocks in single loop and for redundancy. Imho ones using three pumps might have initially choosed for similar reasons, but in general third pump usually brings too little or is actually needed in only very poorly set up liquid cooling systems with some obvious problems better fixed other way. In your loop with only 2 rads and two waterblocks imho there is no need for another pump, as single MCP 355 should be more then enough to handle them.

hm interesting about the tube size, didnt know that.

but if i was res - pump - rad1 - rad2 -cpu - gpu - res, the order would matter right??

whats a good cheap cpu block?

why do people run dual or triple pumps in one top?
    yah that wont matter, just run it however is the easiest and shortest.

for a block the EK LT

people run multi loop to separate componants and o do it since they can, if u have somehting like sli/CF especially with 3 or 4 gpus, gpus run hotter than cpus and generally have a larger delta so if u have that its and u are going multi rad its not harder to add a pump. for your build i would do 1 loop as u dont have much restriction and you have a small case

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Sometimes people run dual pumps in one loop to get good flow even when there are many restrictive waterblocks in single loop and for redundancy. Imho ones using three pumps might have initially choosed for similar reasons, but in general third pump usually brings too little or is actually needed in only very poorly set up liquid cooling systems with some obvious problems better fixed other way. In your loop with only 2 rads and two waterblocks imho there is no need for another pump, as single MCP 355 should be more then enough to handle them.
    i def do play to sli the 480 down the road. never had a sli rig and i want 1. just sux those things are so power hungry.

yah that wont matter, just run it however is the easiest and shortest.

for a block the EK LT

people run multi loop to separate componants and o do it since they can, if u have somehting like sli/CF especially with 3 or 4 gpus, gpus run hotter than cpus and generally have a larger delta so if u have that its and u are going multi rad its not harder to add a pump. for your build i would do 1 loop as u dont have much restriction and you have a small case
    so u think 2 x 2fan rads are good enough? i should go for 2 x 3rad fans?

2 2fan would be enough but a 3 and 2 is better and about the same price, go for whatever u have room for

2 2fan would be enough but a 3 and 2 is better and about the same price, go for whatever u have room for
    k, what would you recomend as a god 3fan rad?

i like the swiftech rads for 2 and 3 fan, they are cheap, slim and cool well with any speed of fans.

Xtreme Mentor
    Plan for SLI now. Get enough pump and rad NOW for your future. And your case.

Take your time, read a lot first.

You go 600 watt GPU heatload when you go SLI, you'll need a 120x3 minimum on the GPUs, might consider a 140x3 or a 120x4 for JUST TWO GTX480's. No I'm no kidding, especially if you plan to overclock the GPUs.

Slow down. You got more than a few links to absorb. Learn a bit, hang out.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

i like the swiftech rads for 2 and 3 fan, they are cheap, slim and cool well with any speed of fans.
    hm ok. Is it true that a "higher" quality radiator would be enough for the cpu and 480gtx alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Conumdrum View Post
    Plan for SLI now. Get enough pump and rad NOW for your future. And your case.

Take your time, read a lot first.

You go 600 watt GPU heatload when you go SLI, you'll need a 120x3 minimum on the GPUs, might consider a 140x3 or a 120x4 for JUST TWO GTX480's. No I'm no kidding, especially if you plan to overclock the GPUs.

Slow down. You got more than a few links to absorb. Learn a bit, hang out.
    bro i pretty much get the basic point about the heat out put and the radiator capability and the room temp and how many degree celcius off of it u r before hitting the chips. its fairly easy to understand. i got about 700$ saved up towards the rig at this point (saving for 480gtx and water setup). at this point i m more concerned about getting the proper equipment and a efficent loop. i m gonna need afew hundred more $$ before i buy anything though. i also still need to map out what i m going to get so i can decide how i will mod this case. IN ur opion witht 2 x 360 rads and 1 swiftecn 355 with new head be good enough for 2 x 480s and i7 all overclocked? with these 480's running so hot, i really will fill so guilty when the next gen of comes out and if it runs with less power/heat. yeah i know everyone is cursed if they wait for hardware. "dont wait for just buy it an use it". but how far away is the next nividia gpus ? anyone know if they got 485's on the road map? maybe a die shrink / 512shaders vs 480 like they did with the 280s and 260s?

there arnt any higher quality rads, if u got something like the theromolchill/xspc or something with better performance u would still be in the same spot as they only work a few% better normally on the componants. with a low voltage overclock on an i7 or your current setup and teh 480 at stock u should be fine with a 3 fan but the 480 are over 300W so thats alot of cooling u need for that that can take 2+ fans of rad by its self with normal 1500-1850rpm fans. or u could go with a 3x140mm

u could also do a 3 fan and 1 fan or u might get away with a 3 fan if u had a gpu only block and a heatsink on the ram/pwm for the gpu, but if u go sli i would think that u could get away with a 3 and a 2 if u dont oc the gpu
    Last edited by zanzabar; 07-03-2010 at 12:16 AM.

i know the three fan rads will fit in the front of the case (2 of them ) but then i d have to find another spot to mount cdrom and 3 x hard drives (raid 0). duno where to put these! . i def want to keep the antec 900 too not lookin to pay more on a case.

i might have to scrap the antec 900 to fit in 2 x swiftech 320's.

what is a good case for this?

the corsair 800 series case looks nice?

any others good for 2 rad?S

what is a good case for 2 320rads and still has good amount of room????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast