Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extremely dissatisfied - hx1000.

Champion
    Arrrrrghhh....me not like this PSU...arrrrrrr! Feel the rath of my beard!

Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Xtreme Legend
    ^^^ Don't mess with the mofo Ukr(Roman)ians
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by varrius View Post
    Cool story bro.

TL;DR.

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    I have had 2 of those exact same ps's and a few lower wattage models and have only had great luck.
    I hope you have better luck in the future, but that 1k is a sweet PS and i want another one...
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

I am Xtreme
    most power supplies are tested before boxed....

shipping is the main killer regarding dead parts...

**short heatsink screws could have....

its actually good that corsair honors warranty ....even if shipping is the main culprit
    Last edited by Hondacity; 02-26-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Corsair Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstru View Post
    Arrrrrghhh....me not like this PSU...arrrrrrr! Feel the rath of my beard!

Anyone that has Weissbier for breakfast is OK in my book

I hear it stimulates beard growth too.
    Yes, Yellowbeard, a tall rough man with a big yellow beard

Xtreme Addict
    ^^^ looks like you guys are benching in a grow op lol.
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
    Anyone that has Weissbier for breakfast is OK in my book

I hear it stimulates beard growth too.

Brotherhood of the bearded beer drinkers
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Xtreme Addict
    HX1000 is bit problematic, probably due being 2x500W inside one.. but if it works, its good. Tough, today I would get lesser speced, but better ones (CWT made 950W for example, or that 850W I have.. very good PSU, except that BR doesnt love it.. only work with it.. but thats another thing).
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Member
    I've had a motherboard take out a PSU before.

My first Asus L1N64 WS-SLI burned out the EPS12V on the motherboard and PSU. Silverstone didn't have to replace the PSU, but they did anyways with a brand new one. It could have been your motherboard that did it, or less likely you installed your motherboard with an extra standoff or 2 under the board making contact.

I burned up 3 PSUs while I was stationed in Germany because I was retarded and didnt flip the rear switch to 230v before plugging it in. I guarantee you what you saw was nothing of what Ive seen a PSU do when you put twice the amount of volts through it than it was expecting.

Either way RMA it. Sure it costs a little money to send it back, but if you wont do that, I'll send you $50 and pay for shipping, then I'LL RMA it and keep a quality PSU.
    ASRock X399 Fatal1ty
    1950x Threadripper
    32gb DDR4
    GTX 1070
    __________________________________________________ ____

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    Upon being presented with evidence that multiple posters have received DOA PCP&C units, your response is to call everyone else a Corsair "fan boy", and construct a convoluted straw man argument referencing a completely different situation (serial fault with entire product line) and field of engineering.
    For what it's worth, I have used but never owned a Corsair power supply. I have owned multiple other brands, including FSP, Antec, PSP&C and Gigabyte, and have had a DOA PCP&C and Gigabyte. Has that put me off of PCP&C? Not at all. They still make the most reliable PSU I have ever used. Am I a Corsair fanboy? Well I could show you how everyone ELSE raves about them, but with minimal experience of my own I'm completely neutral. Will I recommend you have another bash at Corsair? Absolutely. Every company has failures, that's why warranties exist at all. It seems you have one that slipped through QC or got damaged in shipping, you can't say the company as a whole is bad. Your analogy to Toyota is really bad, as not only is EVERY HX1000 not affected but nobodies lives are being put at risk either.

Power supplies die. It's a part of like. It could even have been dirty power in your house which killed the unit, for which nobody other than your utility provider can be held accountable. Put a bit of reasoning into your argument before dismissing an entire company
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Member
    I've received a refund, minus $36 for "restocking fee." Because they are obviously going to take my broken PSU and "restock it".

So, I just flushed $36 down the toilet. This day-in-age, I wouldn't be surprised if Quality Control was just being lazy. A lot of people are slacking in businesses. The amount of foam and packing material in the Corsair Box alone, make it hard to believe that this was shipping negligence. In fact, it was packed much better than any PSUs I've owned.

I still feel that this product was all-show-no-go. It was greatly presented and packed well. It just didn't deliver with what was under the hood. Someone said it's really two 500w PSUs in one. . . That sounds iffy. I wish I would've known that prior to purchasing it. Thanks.

Xtreme Member
    Why didn't you have it replaced? I bought an Antec TP Trio and it was DOA, I went back to the shop to have it replaced, they didn't have any stock left so they offered a Silverstone st60f. I said sure, but I want it tested first... so they plugged it in and the Silverstone blew right then and there. I'd buy an Antec or Silverstone PSU again. Parts that failed are frustrating, but it happens.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by insurgent View Post
    Why didn't you have it replaced? I bought an Antec TP Trio and it was DOA, I went back to the shop to have it replaced, they didn't have any stock left so they offered a Silverstone st60f. I said sure, but I want it tested first... so they plugged it in and the Silverstone blew right then and there. I'd buy an Antec or Silverstone PSU again. Parts that failed are frustrating, but it happens.
    It's not so much that it failed. It's more or less, how it failed. It's not like it was DOA. . And just didn't run - I'd be more understanding. It was the fact that it was operating and deteriorating in a matter of minutes.

I didn't want it replaced.

Xtreme Mentor
    There's very little difference between an instant failure and a <5 min failure. You are essentially saying that if it was in worse condition when it arrived, and as a result failed immediately, you'd be more forgiving. Who knows what it was subjected to after leaving the factory. It could have been built so well it was actually able to run for 5 min after taking a beating but you'd prefer it was less well built and failed immediately.

Corsair appear to be a great company regarding support (all you had to do was post a thread on a popular forum and you have a rep in here in no time offering you an RMA), and as many others have said, including some very experienced PSU reviewers, they make good quality products. You were unlucky and got a bad unit, that's all. It unfortunately happens sometimes.

Xtreme Addict
    So you spent $36 trying to prove your animosity toward the HX1000 correct? Makes sense to me...
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Varrius like everyone says things happen I had recent problems with this same HX1000W PSU with 1 of my 24-pins burnt out. Not sure if it was my motherboard or the HX I had the PSU over 1 year with no problems. I sent in the PSU only for the RMA process with no cables, and they returned back to me a NEW unit never used with all cables sealed. I care more about customer service if anything. I also had to tear down my mobo with all of the water cooling parts which took me forever. Was I frustrated yup, but Corsair stepped up to the table and fixed the problem. Will I buy from them again yup because I think they have the best CUSTOMER SERVICE out there.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 4.8GHz
    MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper M5 MATX 1150
    MEMORY: G.SKILL Trident X 8GB 2400MHz 9-11-11-31 1T
    GPU: 2 x eVGA GTX 780 SC
    SOUND KRK Rokit 5 Limited Edition White Studio Monitors
    SSD: 4 x Samsung 128GB Pro's Raid 0
    PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 1000W
    COOLING: 2 x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420mm 6 x Swiftech Helix 140mm Fans
    CASE: Lian Li PC-C32B TECH STATION MOD build log coming soon
    MONITOR: ASUS VG278HE Black 27" 149Hz
    O.S: Windows 7 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    sounds like your problem is with the retailer, not corsair. Why are they charging you a restocking fee ?

Xtreme Addict
    I didn't want it replaced.
    That was most likely best for both you and Corsair.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've received a refund, minus $36 for "restocking fee." Because they are obviously going to take my broken PSU and "restock it".

So, I just flushed $36 down the toilet. This day-in-age, I wouldn't be surprised if Quality Control was just being lazy. A lot of people are slacking in businesses. The amount of foam and packing material in the Corsair Box alone, make it hard to believe that this was shipping negligence. In fact, it was packed much better than any PSUs I've owned.

I still feel that this product was all-show-no-go. It was greatly presented and packed well. It just didn't deliver with what was under the hood. Someone said it's really two 500w PSUs in one. . . That sounds iffy. I wish I would've known that prior to purchasing it. Thanks.
    Look, nothing in the world is perfect. If you want to have a competitive product both in quality and price you need to make some compromises somewhere. Could all PSU's be hand-tested? Of course they could...but that would higher the price like hell and make it non-competitive; well, and it could be damaged during shipping by moisture or whatever. My point being: you have to accept that there are failure rates in this world, as you just have to look around to see that Corsair units not only work quite well but they have an astonishing RMA service: a friend of mine lost a few wires of his HX620 and sent an email to Corsair...Not only they sent the wires for free (from USA to Spain! ) but they used fast shipping!

Also, its quite known that the HX1000 has two 500W units inside, just as some model from Enermax. You should read more about what you are buying first, and don't let the first impressions stay... Heck, you could even get a faulty ferrari...
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    im sure bill gates has always wanted OLED Toilet Paper wipe his butt with steve jobs talking about ipad..
    Mini-review: Q6600 vs i5 2500K. Gpu scaling on games.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly_K View Post
    sounds like your problem is with the retailer, not corsair. Why are they charging you a restocking fee ?
    That's what newegg charges.

Xtreme Member
    Yes i thought they suppose to be pretty good psu but looks like they have mixed views on them.

Ok, this thread is a crock... seriously.

Yellowbeard gave you the option to rma directly to Corsair, instead, you took the route to "flush" the 36 bucks or whatever and return to newegg.
    Your Fault.
    Cool story bro.

TL;DR.
    Maybe, Just maybe, his post had some info in there that was worth reading, yet you yell out 'fan boys' and fail to even bother read what is posted?!

Give me a break.

Dead Thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12