Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $100 loop...is it possible?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Thanks for the response and the searching

If I do buy the stuff above this summer, I'm going to chuck that pump and go for this XSPC pump/ dual bay res combo as I have just...5.25 2 bays open waiting to be filled. http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=26843

I jsut stuck the syscooling pump + tiny res thingy in because nothing else was cheap and looked formidable. I'd say the part above is well worth the $20 more and extra 150 lph (woot)
    That pump/res combo = Fail!

You really want to give up a pump rated for 4M of lift for one that is only 1.8M? Higher flow rating is meaningless without the pressure to move it through the loop.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    That pump/res combo = Fail!

You really want to give up a pump rated for 4M of lift for one that is only 1.8M? Higher flow rating is meaningless without the pressure to move it through the loop.
    Do you really think that the Syscool pump specs are right?

I'd rather have a pump thats rated for 300 lph and 1M of lift for three years than a pump that will do 600 lph and 4M of lift for a few weeks.

My only other choice is a Swiftech MCP350 and the cheapest 5.25 bay res that I can find.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 02-27-2010 at 09:59 PM.
    Smile

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Do you really think that the Syscool pump specs are right?

I'd rather have a pump thats rated for 300 lph and 1M of lift for three years than a pump that will do 600 lph and 4M of lift for a few weeks.

My only other choice is a Swiftech MCP350 and the cheapest 5.25 bay res that I can find.
    Honestly, this is the best choice yet.

As for the specs of the Syscool, but I'd guess they're pretty close.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    if you don't care about looks and are willing to buy used, it's EASY to get a good loop for under $100. Hell, my first loop was under $50 total!!

Heatercore rad was $10, 120mm fans were $10, tubing was $5, Apogee waterblock was $15 and I got misc parts from lowes for ~$5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12