Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Metro 2033" to Have Nvidia 3D Vision Support

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annihilat0r View Post
    Those definitely look better than mine. Can you do me a favor and take screenshots from the beginning of the game? Mine are from the exact start of the game.
    Im using a mod that starts the game at night(pitch black), so wont be the same as yours.

And the only mods Im using that affects graphic is a weather mod, which adds better sky textures, and FOV mod(which obviously increases FOV)

Heres a shot from my beginning

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9...810150400z.jpg
    Lian-Li V1000B || i5 2500k || Gigabyte P67-UD4 || 4GB Dominator 1600s || eVGA GTX 570 || 60GB OCZ Vertex || Corsair HX850

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    EEEWW did anybody watch the trailers? :S
    massive texture flickering and the graphics look terrible...
    no aa and no af? but even that doesnt explain those flickering textures... eew... :S

oh and the story sounds like a 10 year old kid came up with it...
    this game will fail...
    How dare you to watch real game play?!?!?!
    We must get excited with PR BS sshots with uber details and poly count that the final game won't have.... don't you know that?

Here... go and see the PR sshots: http://www.flickr.com/photos/metro2033
    Now, get excited and hyped on them.

Needless to say, I'm mocking the PR BS sshots (or pre-rendered trailers) that people usually get excited about.

Xtreme Addict
    Haha you were? I couldn't tell....

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    The engine is just 8 years old. With some recent tweaks and features, of course. But still.
    Metro seems to have damn amazing graphics btw, maybe it'll make a great benchmarking tool!
    did you see those in-game videos and not just look at the screenshots? the screenshots look nice but the in-game video is... terrible... a nightmare...

Quote Originally Posted by Piotrsama View Post
    How dare you to watch real game play?!?!?!
    We must get excited with PR BS sshots with uber details and poly count that the final game won't have.... don't you know that?

Here... go and see the PR sshots: http://www.flickr.com/photos/metro2033
    Now, get excited and hyped on them.

Needless to say, I'm mocking the PR BS sshots (or pre-rendered trailers) that people usually get excited about.
    well i dont get why they dont show some PR BS game trailers like most other studios... then id actually get hyped for a bit as the final game CAN look like that with a mod-pack

but screenshots only? pff...
    sounds to me like the game engine cant even run aa and af properly and thats why its off in the trailers... and even if it would look awesome, the story sounds terrible... and considering that they have pretty detailled custom made textures in the game, they def have good photoshop skills and the screenshots might be doctored with alltogether...

and even the screenshots arent that great... did anybody here actually look at them in full HD res? there are a lot of really poor textures especially in the background, the faces dont look real at all... crysis looks way better than this...
    Last edited by saaya; 02-18-2010 at 10:54 PM.

I am Xtreme
    did you see those in-game videos and not just look at the screenshots? the screenshots look nice but the in-game video is... terrible... a nightmare...
    Nah, in fact, I didn't. I knew there was something fishy about it!
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illidan View Post
    try SoC Complete Mod 2009
    Yep, this mod is veeery good, fixes everything original stalker failed and plus better gfx.
    Phenom II x6 1055T | ASRock 880G Ex.3 | 560Ti FrozrII 1GB| Corsair Vengeance 1600 2x4GB | Win7 64 | M4 128GB

VR Box - i5 6600 | MSI Mortar | Gigabyte G1 GTX 1060 | Viper 16GB DDR4 2400 | 256 SSD | Oculus Rift CV1 + Touch

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n!Cola View Post
    Yep, this mod is veeery good, fixes everything original stalker failed and plus better gfx.
    Is there any mod for Call of P ?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodkin View Post
    Looks like it will be good, same team as stalker, so I thing if you love stalker you wil love this, if you hate stalker...
    This is done by A4Games, S.T.A.L.K.E.R series is from GSC Game World.

I dont get it why people mock stalker's graphics... I still think it's one of the best looking games (despite the grass popping up from nowhere even at max draw distance).
    The thing I love in stalker is the shadows and lighting effects.
    Last edited by Meizuman; 02-20-2010 at 04:01 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    The 4AGames folks were previously at GSC. Stalker's engine is technically impressive, especially the lighting, but the artwork and level design just don't suit some people's tastes.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    The 4AGames folks were previously at GSC. Stalker's engine is technically impressive, especially the lighting, but the artwork and level design just don't suit some people's tastes.
    'cuz they (as well as 4A) need to buy some art from Chinese companies, and you get how much you pay!
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

Xtreme Addict
    Info on the engine, comparisons to STALKER and more vids. Again, extremely impressive lighting. And that's the console version.....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...article?page=1

Xtreme X.I.P.
    this made me lol

"For me personally, the PS3 GPU (they like to call it RSX for some reason) was the safe choice because I was involved in the early design stages of NV40 and it's like a homeland: RSX is a direct derivative of that architecture. Reading Sony's docs it was like, 'Ha! They don't understand where those cycles are lost! They coded sub-optimal code-path in GCM for that thing!' All of that kind of stuff..."
    about the video... good lightning (except for the flickering shadows with the flashlight dynamic lightning) but terrible terrible textures... and the story sounds so lame i wonder if this game might be better off without any story whatsoever, kinda like serious sam

Xtreme Member
    I totally dig this game. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fans always liked the creepy underground levels in the series and will love this game. Cant wait.
    By looking at the screenshots it looks like the X-ray engine but after googling some say its x-ray, some say its a different one. Can someone tell me which one it uses?

EDIT: Need glasses. Uses 4A engine as stated in the link a few posts above this.
    Last edited by BuBBle.D; 02-20-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    |ASUS Sabertooth Z77|Intel Core I7-2700K|32GB G.Skill TridentX F3-2400C10Q-32GTX|Corsair AX1200W|
    |ASUS GTX TITAN + Zotac GTX680 for PhysX|Samsung S27A950D|Corsair Obsidian 800D|Corsair Hydro Series H100|

|ASUS Crosshair IV Formula|AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE|16GB G.Skill RipjawsX F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH|
    |2X AMD Radeon HD6970 Crossfire|TT Kandalf - MOD|Corsair HX1000W|Corsair Hydro Series H70|

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Stalker graphics kind of suck outside...but when you get to an underground level it's when you really see the game shining, specially the good texture quality (that can be enhanced using mods).

Xtreme Member
    Guys, have someone of you read the book? It's amazing and the reason for waiting this game is the book, no S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or any other game.
    ASUS P5E Deluxe X48 | C2Q Q9550@testing[Fuzion v2+MCR320+MCP655] | G.Skill 4x2GB F2-8800CL5D-4GBPQ@testing | Sapphire 4870X2@ testing | 150GB WD VelociRaptor + 2xWD6400AAKS | Chieftec CFT-850-14C | Iiyama E2403WS | Razer DeathAdder | CM CosmosS Black

Info on the engine, comparisons to STALKER and more vids. Again, extremely impressive lighting. And that's the console version.....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...article?page=1
    Great article. A lot of good info.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoof View Post
    Guys, have someone of you read the book? It's amazing and the reason for waiting this game is the book, no S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or any other game.
    this game is based on a book? 0_o
    mutants unleashed on the world and humans are hiding in an underground base? hmmmm that has only been used a couple hundred times for various games and movies :P

Banned
    That book Metro is really great, more better then STALKER is, great reading, only blind spammer without job can tell this, saaya (find the job, will be better for you and for us here too)

Banned

well i dont get why they dont show some PR BS game trailers like most other studios... then id actually get hyped for a bit as the final game CAN look like that with a mod-pack

but screenshots only? pff...
    sounds to me like the game engine cant even run aa and af properly and thats why its off in the trailers... and even if it would look awesome, the story sounds terrible... and considering that they have pretty detailled custom made textures in the game, they def have good photoshop skills and the screenshots might be doctored with alltogether...

and even the screenshots arent that great... did anybody here actually look at them in full HD res? there are a lot of really poor textures especially in the background, the faces dont look real at all... crysis looks way better than this...
    Majority of multi-platform game trailers are on the console version. Just a heads up before you say it can't run AA/AF.

I am Xtreme
    this game is based on a book? 0_o
    mutants unleashed on the world and humans are hiding in an underground base? hmmmm that has only been used a couple hundred times for various games and movies :P
    The book is much better than the game appears to be. I am actually surprised they've made the game this way, I expected it to be completely different...
    Last edited by zalbard; 02-22-2010 at 01:45 AM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    How come people know how good/bad the game is without playing it?

Is it not the same with everything these days, we always make judgement on something before we have first hand experience.

I know someone close to me who is looking forward to this game, the graphics does look good, hopeful the gameplay will be match.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The second I saw the screen shots they fell right back into that pigeonhole shooter devs long ago fell into. More like post apologetically shooter with an nvidia induced headache. I don't give two damns if it is good, it looks stupid and generic.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spoof View Post
    Metro 2033 is a good book, but "Roadside Picnic" by the Strugatsky brothers is much, much better (Stalker was partially based on it).

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed_X View Post
    only blind spammer without job can tell this, saaya (find the job, will be better for you and for us here too)
    lol wut?
    jealous of my working hours, are we?

marketing fail?

a preview or commercial is supposed to raise your interest by showing you the pretty side of a product. its supposed to convince you of the quality of a product without ever having used or touched it yourself. this one does the opposite for me, because its done poorly...

and nobody here said the game sucks, everybody said the preview sucks or the screenshots or videos suck, or the game appears to suck or seems to suck or probably will suck... i think i made my point
    most people actually like the screenshots though... its just the videos that dont look that great...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast