Thread: A yellowish color on my computer screen!

Xtreme Member

A yellowish color on my computer screen!

So, i just turned on my computer and i'm getting this yellowish color on my computer screen. What does this mean? Is it slowing dying? It's a crt monitor and the brand is a viewsonic 19" A90f+. I've had it well over 3yrs. Just wondering if I need to start looking for a new monitor.

If so any suggestions? I've been kind of looking for a at least 24" led monitor. Thanks.
    Win 8.1 Pro
    MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower
    Patriot Viper 8gb @2400 MHz
    Intel I5-3570*** LGA 1155
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Crucial M500 240gb
    Asus Radeon 270x
    Antec 850W HCG
    Logitech MX 3000 & MX1000
    RW DVD/CD
    Provided by Blue Sun Corporation! LLAP!

Xtreme Member
    give it a really good smack.

Seriously. When I had a CRT, it worked like a charm.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    By "yellowish colour" do you mean that the entire screen has a yellow tint to it?

Sounds like classic VGA cable issues - VGA connections transmit in colour "bands", so if the cable is bad or there's a loose connection at either end you tend to get an entire missing band, resulting in the display either looking all blue, or all green, or so on. Hitting it would perhaps solve the issue, yes, but you'd be better off just checking all the cable connections carefully
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Member
    WOW! Your a genius. You just made my day dude. It was the VGA cable. It was loose LOL!
    I should of checked if it was the cable but I didn't think a loose cable would do something like that.

Do you have any suggestions on a nice led monitor? I in the market to buy a new monitor. Minimum of 24" or larger. I was thinking about either a samsung or LG. Or should I wait until 3d monitors are more widely available!

Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    By "yellowish colour" do you mean that the entire screen has a yellow tint to it?

Sounds like classic VGA cable issues - VGA connections transmit in colour "bands", so if the cable is bad or there's a loose connection at either end you tend to get an entire missing band, resulting in the display either looking all blue, or all green, or so on. Hitting it would perhaps solve the issue, yes, but you'd be better off just checking all the cable connections carefully
    Last edited by TVFREAKAZOID; 02-16-2010 at 12:19 AM.
    Win 8.1 Pro
    MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower
    Patriot Viper 8gb @2400 MHz
    Intel I5-3570*** LGA 1155
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Crucial M500 240gb
    Asus Radeon 270x
    Antec 850W HCG
    Logitech MX 3000 & MX1000
    RW DVD/CD
    Provided by Blue Sun Corporation! LLAP!

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Well, that depends on exactly what you want to do with it, and what sort of budget you had in mind, and so on and so on

I'd start a new thread with a more appropriate title so you can get proper advice from more folks than just those reading a thread about a broken monitor
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think too early for 3D. LED display should do you fine, but they should start to come down pretty soon.
    Modded Cosmos. | Maximus II Formula. Bios 1307| 2x2 Mushkin XP ASCENT 8500 | Q9550-E0- 4.10 + TRUE | Visiontek HD4870X2 | LN32A550 1920x1080 | X-FI Extreme Gamer | Z5300E | G15v.1 | G7 | MX518 | Corsair HX1000 | X25-MG2 80G | 5xHDD