Thread: Windows 7 Mobile

Xtreme Member

Windows 7 Mobile

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/15/w...is-playing-to/

Looking pretty good, although I don't own an X-box. I need a new phone soon so it's between this and android.

Case: Silverstone FT-01CPU:
    Intel QX6700 (305.5 x 11)
    MB: Intel BadAxe2
    Video Card: Evga 8800GTX
    Memory:4gb Corsair Dominator DDR2-916
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
    Heatsink: Thermaltake TRUE Black

Quote Originally Posted by Rmrdr13 View Post
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/15/w...is-playing-to/

Looking pretty good, although I don't own an X-box. I need a new phone soon so it's between this and android.
    Have you considered the iPhone as that one has similar features to WP7 and a lot more applications. Plus WP 7 won't be available 'til the holidays this year.

As a fan of windows mobile, the 7 series is a complete failure in my eyes as microsoft has made it into an iPhone OS copy.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
    Have you considered the iPhone as that one has similar features to WP7 and a lot more applications. Plus WP 7 won't be available 'til the holidays this year.

As a fan of windows mobile, the 7 series is a complete failure in my eyes as microsoft has made it into an iPhone OS copy.
    Agreed. But even worse is the fact that Win Pho won't have flash until atleast 2011 and Android WILL. Other than that, i would say that Windows Phone is just TOO locked up. Android has the freedom that most people love and because of that, i feel, Android will only continue to suck up marketshare. On another note, i also like that Android is also hackable/customizable like WinMo WAS.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

I am not sure why people are assuming that apple will not respond to Android in any way...sure as things stand, android looks like it will saturate the market, but in tech world...things are never constant!

Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    Agreed. But even worse is the fact that Win Pho won't have flash until atleast 2011 and Android WILL. Other than that, i would say that Windows Phone is just TOO locked up. Android has the freedom that most people love and because of that, i feel, Android will only continue to suck up marketshare. On another note, i also like that Android is also hackable/customizable like WinMo WAS.
    winphone 7 wont be out till q4 and flash out the next
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Fanboy of Good Products
    i'm just gonna throw my vote in for android, i love it.
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    Exactly. Locking up WinPhone 7 is not going to keep the people who, like myself, likes the cooked ROMS. I'm going to get an Android phone next and forget WinPhone 7.

did u guys see the flash news, unless u have an arm7 your not getting flash more than the basic support for flash 9 in htc opra, so if u have a g or droid your kinda screwed.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi