Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte GOOC 2010 info thread

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerou View Post

OH YEAH!

+1

Quote Originally Posted by youngpro View Post
    i think MAC was lucky not to get arrested or at least kicked out of the hotel,
    slamms must be drunk here, he is grabbing the sword by the sharp bit WTF

At least he didn't had it in his hands when the police car drove thru the street
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouffman View Post
    +1

At least he didn't had it in his hands when the police car drove thru the street
    we don't know MAC that much, especially when he is drunk no one know what he will do.........

PIfection
    i was looking through my gooc photos and i found this AMAZING photo, i dunno if my camera is broken, or perhaps an american/australia is being brutally attacked with that sword mac had earlier.. but there seems to be a smile of rybas face... WTF?

Xtreme Legend
    wow ryba can smile too.....damn
    it does look a tad creepy but hey i'll take it
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

I am Xtreme
    Still sort of a happy face here a few metres further This is the new Ryba 2010 edition !!

Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    oh those BFF smiles...

Quote Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=211835
    http://media.bestofmicro.com/V/G/172...l/IMG_0285.jpg

I know....I know....old news, but you can't win them all...........
    ............unless your name is Elmor
    tomshardware? overclocking championship? huh??? when was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Monstru View Post
    Saaya - we finnaly meet, you crazy guy! Everybody was congratulating me for my hat, from Bangkok, to Frankfurt, to Romania. Hey, and maybe you give that "job" more thoughts, it sound interesting =))
    starting next tuesday, whats the worst that could happen eh? i can always go back to what im doing now...
    unfortunately even less crazy than on an average monday morning though, when we met i was pretty burned out from partying and lack of sleep already... very nice chat we had until 5am or so, dont worry, i was listening, just too tired to think and answer
    ill send you a pm or email later
    glad you liked the hat, and a shame i didnt get to drink with you properly... maybe cebit, maybe oktoberfest, why not... we will see
    id love to see a drink-off between you and alex from corsair btw

Also, I must congratulate Gigabyte for such a great event. The judges ideea was extraordinary, you really had some great overclockers on your side and I really admire that. The 4 hour time for all benchmarks (instead of the gay 1 hour per benchmark rule) was great, keep it like that guys!
    totally agree

Also, great CPU binning, I don't think the difference was bigger then 300MHz between the highest and the lowest clocks in the competition. Great stuff, really well organised, great judging (no "secret" tweaks this time, over all a great event that everybody will remeber with great pleasure (great prizes too, matose would say =)) ). For all the Gigabyte staff involved into this, thank you and congratulations!!!!
    yeah, big thanks to hicookie or whoever went through all those cpus to bin them, thats a tedious job, but really makes the comp more fun

come to think of it, for sb this will be a lot easier eh?

Marc i had one for you to take home but i forgot to give it to you, oh wells
    hah!
    honestly, i kinda felt bad for him at some points...
    marc, i gotta say, i think everybody here has a lot of respect for how well you took it all, i certainly do

i think MAC was lucky not to get arrested or at least kicked out of the hotel,
    slamms must be drunk here, he is grabbing the sword by the sharp bit WTF

ha! for the ones that werent "at the scene", in the entrance lobby of the hotel there were two knights holding a sword facing down. after a nice round of brews (cheers tim H! ) and very very nice discussion between all gooc ( cheers everybody else ) the staff of the hotel urged us to please leave the dining area so they could clean our mess

as we walked towards the elevators and main entrance we passed the knights, and i think slamms and me were checking out the swords, we noticed that it wasnt fixed in place and one could remove it... i remember telling him "better dont touch it" but slamms wiggled it around a bit and one of the arms of the knight holding it fell down

im not sure if slamms actually pulled out the sword or if it was mac... either way, the real funny part is that we took it outside to the front of the hotel where everybody was gathering to drink some more, and trouffman picked it up... he was swinging it around while he danced sideways with a huge smile on his face. everybody laughed, but what he didnt know was that we laughed cause a police car was slowwwwly pulling up 1meter behind him

the really weird thing was that they stopped, looked at that weird foreigner with dreadlocks prancing around with a medieval sword... then shrugged and moved on...

i would have loved to know that the two cops were thinking or telling each other...

i was looking through my gooc photos and i found this AMAZING photo, i dunno if my camera is broken, or perhaps an american/australia is being brutally attacked with that sword mac had earlier.. but there seems to be a smile of rybas face... WTF?

oh yes he can smile... its just rare to see it if there is no hot chic sitting next to him. i think he smiled on that pic cause they won with his pot...
    Last edited by saaya; 10-01-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Saaya
    id love to see a drink-off between you and alex from corsair btw
    Funny you should mention that...allready happened my friend, Cebit 2010. Ask Alex about it

I think i forgot to mention something about this pic... This is for Hipro5, Micutu, sang and xwoodoo
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Xtreme Member
    Matose! congrats buddy, you deserve it.

I am Xtreme
    Little fast article live : GOOC2010 MADshrimps way

badger badger badger badger badger

I am Xtreme
    awesome write up leeghoofd

congrats to romania matose ....stephen and speedtime

nice catch up mr slamms

Aussie God
    I enjoyed it to the maximum, all of it
    only two akward situations, one in LUXY... And then other was someone deciding not wanting to speak English on last day, when being asked when the person was going to the airport

I enjoyed meeting all of you.

MAC; Can I use the picture you took with Matose and myself during countdown, think it is a really good shot, and Matose, I do indeed consider a friend.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

The Canuck
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    MAC; Can I use the picture you took with Matose and myself during countdown, think it is a really good shot, and Matose, I do indeed consider a friend.
    Sure, check your inbox, I've sent you the original image

ODOC
    Congrats to all who reached so far and especially to Matose ..

Outstanding work, congrats

Funny you should mention that...allready happened my friend, Cebit 2010. Ask Alex about it
    No words lol

Xtreme Russian
    Report by OCClub (in Russian) - http://occlub.ru/about/666-gooc2010finals
    If you need original photos - shoot PM

Xtreme Member
    Monstru you are best!!! Thank for good words!!!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    so he lost i take it? or did you call it even?

lol albrecht, nice writeup
    Time to get the clothes back on and look for Gate "Efoooo".
    i once heard a woman calling out for a flight to "book-arrest" in hong kong

PJ seemed to be intending to use the New SF3D Infliction pot (made by rybalicious from Poland) for this contest.
    rybalicious makes pots?
    wait, i thought rybalicious was the nick somebody gave his... SPECIAL teammate?

hah!

First up their VGA department ( sadly very absent in this event, but word has it they will be up for GOOC 2011 )
    yeah i couldnt believe they werent there... the top ocers from around the globe and reps of all the enthusiast media worldwide in spot for several days... and they didnt show up once
    i could understand if the two departments dont work together, and the vga department thinks it doesnt make sense to get involved in gooc, for whatever reason... but then they could still show up and say hi...

Seagate was showcasing their big Momentus XT SSD drive with HDD capacity. A whopping 250-500GB is huge for an SSD. This SSD would make Laptops so much more snappier. Rotating speeds of 7200RPM, 32MB of cache, only the retail price was unknown.
    hmmm so rotating an ssd at high speeds makes it faster? gotta try that!

ohhh those 3 girls were all from envision? i didnt even know ^^
    they were all really fun to hang out with

Gigabyte took note of the heatsink performance or lack there-off on some models.
    and waterblock performance on the ud9? you know, the one thats almost hanging in the air not touching anything :P
    sorry gb, but really... whoever came up with that design deserves some spanking... or maybe its time for a paintball excursion of the mainboard team?

wow, karen joined the paintball action?
    too bad i missed a chance to play paint ball with her

A big thanks to the Gigabyte Spice Girls, for organising all the events, food, beer and for the good laughs. You girls rock
    yepp, they did a great job... and they didnt get mad or ran away when me and massman had our way with them (joking around with them, what were you thinking?)

lmao

hahaha, oh yeah... i almost forgot about that... the almond dried fish mix
    if you ever feel hungry for it again lmk and ill send you some mac hehehe

mwahahha

bah, the group pics were a fcking disaaaaaaaaster!
    cant see half the people... :/

Xtreme Member
    Video Interview with time during the Competition. Giving some infos about GOOC 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaqpWxntApg

I am Xtreme
    "We try to change the rules yur after yur after yur"

Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Champion
    Finnaly my report is up, hope you like it

Gigabyte Open Overclocking Championship - Wolrd Finals
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

I am Xtreme
    Ah you got the welcoming comitee awaiting you at the airport, that's team spirit !! Nice work my friend !!

PIfection
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    yeah i couldnt believe they werent there... the top ocers from around the globe and reps of all the enthusiast media worldwide in spot for several days... and they didnt show up once
    i could understand if the two departments dont work together, and the vga department thinks it doesnt make sense to get involved in gooc, for whatever reason... but then they could still show up and say hi...
    haha vga department was there, infact they were watching lots of OCERs for a few hours

Xtreme Legend
    Roger that
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

I am Xtreme
    You know what we mean James :p no big GPU to OC... Let's hope we have their interest again for next year and that they will have the required licences :p

Awaiting the dirt on OC.Gossip.com on the 7th of October from you, Is it the transfer picture ?

Xtreme Member
    Who said that the Graphics will be benched on 3DM ? ...

PIfection
    haha yeah, i think next year Giga VGAs will play a part.. it will be interesting to see, if that happens, the sort of overclockers we might see return and new overclockers arriving at GOOC...

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031 LastLast