Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte GOOC 2010 info thread

PIfection
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    wow dino fugger kick your ass, look how high his vantage is!

World Champion - IRONMODS
    please don't get him started
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

I am Xtreme
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    No, I think this time I genuinly failed.
    no words , just a pic

You still got that BSOD piccie James somewhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by youngpro View Post
    wow dino fugger kick your ass, look how high his vantage is!
    Last edited by Leeghoofd; 09-29-2010 at 01:52 AM.
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Member
    I love that epic pic Fail !

I am Xtreme
    I love your camera even more :p, the tripod you can have bacj, the camera NOT !
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    Hey guys !

Finally get a window to post here ! I flew back to montreal on tuesday morning and arrived at my place like 6/7hours ago without sleep, I'm workign on the aftermovie... and... it'll be redy in the next few hours (Uploading )

This event was a blast, really enjoyed it, really enjoy my time with you guys, hope people at home liked watching the broadcast, we already have a lot of ideas for next year

Once again there was a LOT of private joke and event joke, like the famous 'Oh Yeah', then with the mystic : "I don't care, I have an iphone 4" etc

I Can't wait to see you again guys, i felt kinda strange when living taipei after spending 3 weeks there...

Congratz matose, stephenYeong and Speedtime.wing ! Once again : the guy that drink the most the day before the competition won ! <- European Style ? ^^
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Champion
    I finnaly took a long bath and a well deserved sleep. Now I am almost fresh, so I will say this, because matose is not so good with words

First of all, I want to say a BIG thank you to all the great friends I had the pleasure to meet this last week. It was a blast for me to have the chance to cross my pint again with great people like NeoForce, Dinos, Tim Handley, Massman, Leeghoofd, Perica_Barii, Ryba, ZoLKorn, Benny, Trouffman, Xyala, Hicookie, Marc, and many other dear friends. Thank you guys for a great time together.

Also, I must say I was delighted to meet great new friends, and you guys are just great. Youngpro - sometimes you may seem like an a$$ on the forums, but in real life you are one heck of a guy my friend. It was my pleasure to meet you! Ekky - great job in the competition and great pleasure to meet you my friend. Vlad (slamms) - great work man, and great beers together, and great underwear (Neoforce - show us the pics maaan!!!) =))=))=)) Deanzo - hats off to you my friend! Saaya - we finnaly meet, you crazy guy! Everybody was congratulating me for my hat, from Bangkok, to Frankfurt, to Romania. Hey, and maybe you give that "job" more thoughts, it sound interesting =)) T_M - you are one nice guy...I found a million Tim Marshal on Facebook but only one fugly Tossie Tim =)) mikeguava - sory for your problems with your platform man, you really put on one nice fight with your crazy oil set-up. Shahryar - you keep pushing it my friend, Persia deserves to be there! e-killer - nice chating with you my friend. Erdemolkun - nice meeting you man!

MAC_MAC........................ maybe we meet in a medieval tournament one day, I like how you use the sword

Lars from SemiAccurate - next time I see you I will bring a biiiig bottle of palinca

Also, I must congratulate Gigabyte for such a great event. The judges ideea was extraordinary, you really had some great overclockers on your side and I really admire that. The 4 hour time for all benchmarks (instead of the gay 1 hour per benchmark rule) was great, keep it like that guys! Also, great CPU binning, I don't think the difference was bigger then 300MHz between the highest and the lowest clocks in the competition. Great stuff, really well organised, great judging (no "secret" tweaks this time, over all a great event that everybody will remeber with great pleasure (great prizes too, matose would say =)) ). For all the Gigabyte staff involved into this, thank you and congratulations!!!!

Regarding the event, what can I say when my friend and my team won...I cannot be objective because for us it is hoooray time. But I can say that I totally understand how Pieter feels right now, and I can say that I understand what happened. Massman my friend, this does not make you a less overclocker and a less champion my friend...It just makes you one of us, humans that may do mistakes and may have bad luck. There is allways a bad day in life, there is allways bad luck, there is allways a time like this. I feel for you bro, and I totally understand. I am sorry I couldn't say this to you there, but I was on a different planet after the competition. The same goeos for all the guys who had a bad day. Oh boy I REALLY understand how it is, believe me, I've been there quite a few times, and matose also. Stephenyeong, Speedtime_winng, Ekky Jengkol and Slamms - you did one hell of a great job guys. This is the world wide final top 5. Kudos to you!!!! And to all the contestants - you were the first 15 from dozens of overclockers from all around the world that competed (including myself). A Big congrats to you guys!!!!!!

In conclusion, the beer tasted better this year

Once again : the guy that drink the most the day before the competition won !
    No my friend, the competitor who drank the most beer won. The guy was the one having a heart attack =))
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

-100c Club
    Was cheering for my buddy Perica, unfortunately luck wasn't on his side . Next year buddy!

Congrats to the winners though, you surely deserved it!

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    The Aftermovie will be release in exactly 2 hours :
    http://www.overclocking-tv.com/conte...ftermovie.html
    (need time for youtube to process the video !)

\O/ Let us know your comment about it !
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    no words , just a pic

Quote Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
    Was cheering for my buddy Perica, unfortunately luck wasn't on his side . Next year buddy!

Congrats to the winners though, you surely deserved it!
    Yeah, too bad that the luck wasn't on his side. He has a lot of to show and he's great overclocker. He told me that he didn't know for the "change of CPU during WHOLE competition". Too bad for him but in other way, the biggest success is to come on such a competition. As I said on HWG forums, I'll say here. In every sport, any team who lose in final is sad but when they come home they realize that they already did a great job with coming to the finals. So, nobody have to be sad here, you all guys are great overclockers and it's just matter of the luck who will win. This time that was Matose and I want to say: Well done man! Great show

Quote Originally Posted by Trouffman View Post
    The Aftermovie will be release in exactly 2 hours :
    (need time for youtube to process the video !)

\O/ Let us know your comment about it !
    C'mon Trouffy, hurry it up!
    Thank you and other guys from OCTV to streaming all of the events including this one. Great job guys!

MBO Gigabyte P67-UD4-B3 // CPU Intel i5 2500k //
    GPU Gigabyte GTX470 // PSU Corsair TX650W //
    RAM 2*2GB Geil Black Dragon + 2*2GB Corsair DominatorGT // HDD WD 640GB + Seagate 250GB (410AS)

Xtreme Member
    And here is the video !

and all the pics joining now, including the Paint ball and after-event pics
    Last edited by Xyala; 09-29-2010 at 06:02 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks Xyala Congrats to all and Gigabyte!

Quote Originally Posted by To(V)bo Co(V)bo View Post
    This is gonna be way more fun than my wifes tits.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    uuuuu yeah!
    Great video!

MBO Gigabyte P67-UD4-B3 // CPU Intel i5 2500k //
    GPU Gigabyte GTX470 // PSU Corsair TX650W //
    RAM 2*2GB Geil Black Dragon + 2*2GB Corsair DominatorGT // HDD WD 640GB + Seagate 250GB (410AS)

Xtreme Member
    ITV of the top 3 under editing/encoding Will be up in a few hours

Xtreme Member
    And here we go, Interviews with the top3 of this years GOOC : http://www.overclocking-tv.com/conte...-the-top3.html

Champion
    Great videos guys!!!
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Crunch-Fu Adept

OH YEAH!

Sometimes a good slap in the face is all you need

Bios my arss.....
    I can fix this problem with a hardware mod....
    Hipro5

"Overclock till death. Overclocking is life." Hipro5

PIfection
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y. View Post
    Got to get me one of those shirts
    i got one right here with your name on it bro, i think neoforce needs one also lol,

Marc i had one for you to take home but i forgot to give it to you, oh wells

PIfection
    OK i think the king of paintball is Perica and Zolkorn,

i felt sorry for MBeier when Perica had him by the back of the neck and was telling him "today my friend, you are the fox, you need to run like the fox" lol

and some f(L)ucking idiot on my team hit me in the back of the head!

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by youngpro View Post
    OK i think the king of paintball is Perica and Zolkorn,

i felt sorry for MBeier when Perica had him by the back of the neck and was telling him "today my friend, you are the fox, you need to run like the fox" lol

and some f(L)ucking idiot on my team hit me in the back of the head!
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Turkey Man
    My bruises are developed nicely now.
    My arms and shoulders are rainbow

PIfection
    i think MAC was lucky not to get arrested or at least kicked out of the hotel,
    slamms must be drunk here, he is grabbing the sword by the sharp bit WTF

Xtreme Legend
    lol MAC pinching a real sword hahaha

nice work
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

¿
    Arrested? In Seattle they just shoot you

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 LastLast