Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our idea of an useful bay reservoir

Xtreme Enthusiast
    To be honest the best res/airtrap so far was still the Swiftech microres and it's rather small
    I look forward to see a bayres that does such a good job for bleeding a watercooling loop. That one from AC has some very good ideas (such as the small magnets for mounting) but internally it doesnt seem different from other 1 slot bay reservoirs out there... which all have trouble capturing bubbles and not recycling them into the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by eth0s View Post
    But one thing I don't understand is when companies call products "professional". What does that even mean anyway? Professional what? (...)
    and what about "gamer" that now translates with "teenage boy with taste for blue neons, vacuum cleaner noise, and horribly shaped things with flashy colours". PC parts marketing never ceases to be even more nonsensical.

Xtreme Guru
    Me hates single bay res...
    Project ZEUS II

Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel I7 920 D0 3930A @ 4.50GHz (21 X 214mhz)
    3 x 2GB G.Skill Trident 1600 @ 1716MHz (6-8-6-20-1N)
    2 x Asus HD 6870 CrossFire @ 1000/1100MHz
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | Intel X25-M 120GB | WD Velociraptor 150GB | Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1.5TB esata
    Asus Xonar DX | Logitech Z-5500 | LG W2600HP 26" S-IPS LCD

Watercooling setup:
    1st loop -> Radiator: 2 x ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.25 with Alphacool HF 38 top | CPU: Swiftech Apogee XT | Chipset: Swiftech MCW-NBMAX | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV
    2nd loop -> Radiator: ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.2 with Alphacool HF 38 top | GPU: 2 x EK FC-6870 | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV

Assembled in Mountain Mods Ascension Trinity
    Powered by Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200

Aqua Computer Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    Nice shoggy. Do you have a schematic of the internals, so we can get an idea of how it works?

1.) Water comes in through the connector in the center.

2.) With the headless screws (adjustable) you can control how much water is allowed to easily escape at the corners.

3.) Since the orange marked "bridge" does not touch the plexiglas cover, the water will escape here and runs down along the cover. With the mentioned screws from step 2 you can adjust this effect.

4.) Finally the water will leave the aquabox through the thread at the bottom.
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

To my understanding you need a pretty powerful magnet to damage any component within your PC; It's always said as a precaution.
    Most everyday magnets can't even wipe CD/DVDs, such as when retailers disable those sticky security pads from games by swiping it over a magnet.
    So don't let the magnetic attachment steer you away.

Xtreme Addict
    Looks nice
    I wouldn't worry to much about the magnet adapter.
    I use to work for Sea Gate assembling HDD,s and one of my jobs was to
    install the magnets. They were pretty strong too.
    ^^^^^All shaken, (from the earthquake) not stirred^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    There's a lot less voodoo in watercooling than is assumed
    The only thing future proof in electronics, is the electricity itself.

Any one who relies on only one source of information is a fool.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pado View Post
    Most everyday magnets can't even wipe CD/DVDs,
    That's because information on them is not magnetically stored but physically (either small pits for pressed CDs, or chemically on writable media).
    Magnets would only endanger magnetic media such as floppy disks, and exposed HDD platters (since the HDD casing and internal magnets pretty much override any external magnetic field). And again, it would require direct contact from STRONG magnets to affect the data. Comparatively those mounting magnets are very weak. Like said before, electromagnetic interference in our watercooling cases comes mostly from the pump, which has a strong rotating field. If you still have a CRT try to place a running pump near the screen, watch the show

Aqua Computer Rep
    Sorry for bringing up this thread again but I think you will be interested in some videos

We have done a making of video for the aquabox professional. You can watch it on YouTube in HD.

Last edited by Shoggy; 08-06-2010 at 03:36 PM.

Xtreme Member
    The supreme land of rules and regulations
    Nice stuff shoggy. Thanks for sharing.
    If I'm a danger to myself just think what I could do to you.

Great video!!

Construction video links are dead

couple of questions, hopefully these have been out there a little while now and some people have experience with them.

1. Was there ever an answer to the black front panel instead of the silver one question ?
    2. To adjust those flow control screws/nuts whatever, to redirect the water flow, i assume you have to remove the front - two questions regarding this
    a) Does it go back together easier/better than the original Aquabox, i've read a couple of threads where people struggled with this.
    b) What adjustment position does it come at as standard ? ... all to the front, sides unrestricted or somewhere in the middle ?
    3. To use LED's in the Black version, only 2 are possible and you need a screw in plug... correct ?

and finally, what are peoples thoughts ? ... how do they perform, mainly in relation to the question earlier about their ability to trap air bubbles and not let them cycle back into the loop.

Cheers

Aqua Computer Rep
    Videos are fixed now

1.) At the moment it is very unlikely that we will offer a black cover for the aquabox.
    2.) Yes, you have to remove the plexiglas cover to adjust the screws.
    2a.) Yes, MUCH easier now! I had an old aquabox in my PC at the office and it was always a lot of fun when I had to refill it
    2b.) Not quite sure but afaik somewhere in the middle.
    3.) You can only use one LED with the black variant since you will need the other two threads for the in- and outlet
    Last edited by Shoggy; 08-06-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks will take a look at the videos now

RE: the LED ... ahhhh, i see now, you use the 3rd unused water access point, and not those silver coloured blanking caps, now i get it

Thanks for the seal info, and the screw positioning, as obviously unless i really need to i would not intend to remove the front panel and certainly would not want to do it after filling the loop ! but would want the waterfall affect :P

Black cover is no major biggie, as i said somewhere here the other day, i'd probably just use some car window tinting film over it to give it a dark grey / gunmetal appearance

As you can see from some of my various posts around here and other places, i'm having the oh so familiar "parts selection" dilemma LOL, can't make up my mind on a bay res or a passive cooled tube one out the back of the case that i could hang in the air flow from the rear fan, pro's and con's to both including pump selection and mounting differences

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12