Thread: ORB & 3dmark vantage qestions

Xtreme Member

ORB & 3dmark vantage qestions

Being out of work and bored to death, today I bought myself a copy of vantage and after playing with it for awhile my head is spinning. I am completely new to this benchmarking stuff.

First things first. Is the proper procedure for benching a restart -> then closing all extra programs once in the OS -> then set my gpu overclock using evga precision -> then finally bench using the performance preset?

Also by my understanding since I'm using the 196.21 drivers I have to disable physx in the nvidia control panel while benching. Right?

Any tips for the preparation and benching process are greatly appreciated.

So, if you're still with me at this point, once the run is complete and I have my score in front of me I click on submit results which takes me to the ORB website. This is where my problems begin.

Over the past 4 hours I have found the ORB site to be a buggy mess but with that aside once I sign in navigating around is simple enough to figure out. However, when I try to make my sore public it just doesn't work, the page just reloads. Is this a common problem? The other big issue that I am having is using the compare feature. For some reason the compare button next to my result is greyed out. If I try to go to someones score and then compare it back to my run that way I just get a url parameter error.

I thought I would post here first since you guys know what you are doing. I was hoping to avoid having to sign up to the futuremark / yougamer forum or whatever it is.

Thanks for taking the time to assist me. All my hardware is listed in my sig if it matters.
    Corsair 800D -- ASUS Rampage III Extreme -- i7-920 (On water) -- Corsair Dominator 6GB -- ASUS GTX 580 -- ASUS GT 430 -- 2x1TB Caviar Black -- 80GB Intel X-25M SSD -- Corsair HX1000W -- Dimas Tech Bench White

Xtreme Member
    Did you make a account on the orb? As you have to log in to upload your score. I'm not sure why you are having issues unless you are using ff +ab_ ns maybe. The orb and futuremark forums are different. so one log in is for the orb and then you have to make another for the forums. Unless it is a new build and your flash needs to be updated along with java.

But yes to make it fair to the ati people you can disable ppu in the vantage options and or in the nvidia control panel. I never disable anything on vantage as windows 7 runs pretty smooth.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the response, I gave ORB another shot today and it is now working properly for me. The site seems to have been having troubles yesterday.
    Corsair 800D -- ASUS Rampage III Extreme -- i7-920 (On water) -- Corsair Dominator 6GB -- ASUS GTX 580 -- ASUS GT 430 -- 2x1TB Caviar Black -- 80GB Intel X-25M SSD -- Corsair HX1000W -- Dimas Tech Bench White