Thread: Powerstream and Cable Sleeving

Powerstream and Cable Sleeving

Good Day!

I am an OCZ Powestream 520 user eversince i visited the states last september and was able to get it cheap there. anyway, i live in the Philippines so i try to take care of the PSU very well to avoid any problems trying to RMA it with you guys.

anyway, my question is with sleeving the PSU with Nylon Sleeves. is it ok to open the PSU so that i can neatly tuck the sleeving inside the PSU or by doing that will void my warranty? i know there is a warranty sticker in one of the screwholes so i need to remove it to open up the PSU. so basically, im just pushing my luck and hoping you guys are linient about it.

another thing, if opening the PSU is not possible, ill understand. but what if i sleeved the PSU, will you still honor the warranty? or do i have to remove it before i try to RMA it?

thanks for reading and good day.

SSD faster than your HDD
    Hello,

No, if you open the PSU your warranty is void. You can sleeve the cables provided you do no remove the molex connectors, this will also void the warranty.

Thanks

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ
    Hello,

No, if you open the PSU your warranty is void. You can sleeve the cables provided you do no remove the molex connectors, this will also void the warranty.

Thanks
    Um, can I ask how you know that I have removed the molexes?
    "Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it." - Sir Henry Royce

SSD faster than your HDD
    Well if the sleeving is obviously of a diameter that won't go over the molex's....you must have removed them to get it on.

Xtreme Member
    Yes, that makes sense.
    "Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it." - Sir Henry Royce

eric418
    You may consider buying sleeved PSU cable extension instead if you are worrying about warranty.