Thread: Far Cry 2 Manual?

Xtreme Addict

Question Far Cry 2 Manual?

Anyone know where I can get the Far Cry 2 Manual pdf? I can't find a working link, they're all dead.

Ubisoft wants to charge me $5 for the nice printed version you get in the box, but I don't want that. I just want the cheap free pdf.

I paid for the full version of this game but those idiots on steam didn't include the manual with it.

Can anyone help me out!? I really need this manual! Either that or a guide that explains the game it self, not a walk through. Something that explains all the personal upgrades, weapons, weapon upgrades, vehicles, and all the stuff you can buy and find in the game... a complete guide for all that stuff. I've only been able to find very limited useless partial guides.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Member
    the survival guide or the normal manual?

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks! And I wouldn't mind having a survival guide. The manual explains a few things I was wondering. Thanks again!

Anyone see any kind of chart that details what all the upgrades and weapons are in the game?

What are these webbing things? Whats with the boxes? Why do I have to buy one and what does it do???

Oh yeah, and I found this for anyone who wants it.

Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 02-07-2010 at 07:26 PM.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    From what I recall, the webbing upgrades allow you to carry more ammo. Even without the manual, the upgrade field manual in the game explains that stuff right in it while you're playing. On the boxes, if you mean the crates in the safe houses, they are for stashing weapons. They are not "linked" though and they will not renew weapons. Any weapon you stash in a crate stays there and in the condition in which you put it in. Crate purchases are linked, meaning you buy a large crate somewhere and any place that has a large crate is then at your disposal, however the weapon you put in one location will not appear in another. I never ended up using the crates much because of that. Many of the RPG elements in the game are not fleshed out well.

The game is fun, but in the end after seeing what it had to offer, I was mostly just laughing at the crazy AI reactions and dialog. The game's ending IMO is VERY disappointing. It had potential to be really good, but it's quite a let down. I must say though I was impressed with some things. Graphics, optimization, some of the shootouts, and the driving/handling of the vehicles are pretty good. It's one of the few games out there that has really good first person view driving with nice mouse look. Some thought the map was in the way or too hard to read whilst driving, but I never had a problem with that. In the boats though they should have placed the map lower for visibility, but those are fun to drive too.

BTW, you really should scale pics smaller when posting them, like 800x600 or something. It makes it hard to read the posts because you have to scroll sideways to see it all.
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 02-08-2010 at 03:24 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah, there's a few things that are horrible about this thing, but all the good stuff makes the game worth playing. My biggest problem is the AI have X-ray vision. Those lousy ****s can see the player through EVERY BUSH! If I stood behind a line of 20 bushes with an AI at the other end, he'd still ****ing see me. That was one of the best and one of my favorite features of Far Cry!!! WHY THE **** DID THEY TAKE IT OUT!!! They also don't use any team work. They just kind of randomly roam around. I hear them talking to each other, but I never actually see them working together. I did see one pick up a wounded thought, I thought that was interesting. So now what I do is I pick an enemy thats in a clear area, then I wound him with my sniper rifle and wait for anyone to come and help him... then I get them too. hehe So that actually worked to my advantage.

Also, whats up with the magic bolt that fixes your vehicle no matter what's wrong with it? ROFL! I keep laughing at that! Its hilarious! Its like someone with the mentality of a 5 year old came up with that! Why not just have him open a box of tools, then have the screen fade to black with tool noises, then have a message that says "1 hour later" or something like that? That would be a hell of a lot better than a magic engine bolt. Oo

I did notice that just like in Far Cry 1 the AI in 2 seem to get stuck behind trees sometimes... not as bad as 1, but sometimes they do get stuck.

It makes sense that all the crates are not linked. I don't eve understand the point of the crate anyway. The weapons when new last for freakin ever. And if I want a new one, I just pick up a new one in the shet next to a weapon shop. So that makes the crates completely useless.

I don't like the whole rough diamond scavenger hunt thing on that map I posted. Its stupid... who the hell would leave that many cases lying around? Why not just have the option of capturing a mine, hiring someone to mine it and keep a percentage at the end of each day like in Jagged Alliance 2?

To be honest, I disagree with you on the vehicles. When you turn, they turn too sharply, the turns aren't smooth and realistic. I DO LIKE THAT YOU CAN FLIP YOUR VEHICLE OVER THOUGH!!! Genius! I hated in FC1 if I rolled over a vehicle, it would just start to smoke then explode. Totally unrealistic and didn't make any sense.

I also don't like how they killed off that buddy of mine so early in the game. I mean I just meet her and they kill her off cause I took her up on her FIRST mission offering. WTF Ubisoft!?

I didn't make the pic, I found it... and I think it needs to be that big so people can clearly see all the details.

Xtreme Member
    I've found that killing my partners is usually my fault, one time I accidentally ran her over with a jeep because she was hiding in a bush, other times I've gone "gung-ho" into a bad situation and she tried to help my ass, I got her killed that way. I kind of like how it isn't guaranteed that your buddy's will survive. Makes you plan and execute much better.
    -trekie86

Antec 900 Black
    Rosewill 600W RP600V2-S-SL
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.0
    Intel E8500 @ 3.8 GHz
    2 x 2 GB GSkill PC6400
    EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 SSC 55nm
    EVGA 8800GTS PhysX
    640 GB WD HDD 7200 RPM

Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    Started life as a FTW and ended up as a WTF.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The magic "wrench" I think you mean. Yeah, that concept is a bit old and has been used in games a lot. I'm not sure a toolbox/fade to black alternative would be any better though. It needs to be a thing where the player has complete control at all times because the enemy can shoot at you whilst repairing. It SHOULD be that way IMO. That way at least you have to be careful when and where you do the repair. It DOES make sense that the crates are not linked like an ATM, but since they're not, they get used very little. So IMO it makes more sense to add a bit of unrealism in how they're used then to have them in the game and be so useless that few people use them.

The scavenging is just one area of the game where it's unrealistic and not fleshed out. It's intended to be more of a puzzle finding and getting to once you find them, which often involves exploration and even use of hang gliders. They did not however make the terrain accessible enough for such a thing. There are many places you can't go, and it just gets frustrating. I like the diamond mine concept, but that in itself would take away the exploration. They could have however used the GPS to find something other than the diamonds themselves, like a tracking device in the empty case, then you'd have to find a clue as to whom had the case. Getting the diamond would then be like a side quest where you locate the one whom stole it. There could also be clues for finding one of several hidden mines. You'd have less diamonds that way, but at least getting them would be more than just driving around watching the GPS blink green. Heck, you get paid in diamonds for jobs you do anyway. I always had way more diamonds than I needed when I finished the game.

I think you'll find if you compare the vehicle driving to some of the top games of this type, and even some popular race games, it has excellent ability to control them while in first person view. Whether it's completely realistic as to how the vehicle handles in real life is less relevant than how they do in game because it's the only view and there's often times when you need to drive quickly through all the twists and turns. I happen to think they handle fairly realistically though, and they sound very good too. Every bump and responding suspension sound is very well done. Even backing up and doing a 180 via a J turn is extremely easy and quick due to the excellent mouse look. They had to make it that way because for realism, it's the only available view. Even with KB I can drive them around very fast, even at night. A common thing I do, since checkpoints repopulate so fast, is drive through them very fast at night with my headlights off. I usually get through pretty much unscathed because the enemy can't see nearly as well at night, esp if you turn the lights off.

They kill off a lot of buddies in the game, mainly to keep things fresh and new. I won't give away the details, but one that you ally with is totally ridiculous and kinda destroys the whole initial storyline. It's one of the biggest flaws in the game IMO, and makes for much of that weak ending I spoke of. The whole game comes off feeling kinda cheesy and unintelligent because of it.

I wasn't referring to the source of the pic, I was referring to the way you posted it. Most any site that hosts pics for upload/posting offers a resize option. And often they're merely downsized as they initially appear. If you click on them they expand to full view. Image Shack does it that way. That way it doesn't totally destroy the integrity of the chat windows with scroll bars. A lot of forums don't even allow pics beyond a certain size because of that.
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 02-08-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Sorry I don't know the code for that, and I cant find it in the menu where the editing tools are located.

Just thought you should know that there is a pdf of the manual in the game's folder. Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Far Cry 2\manual.pdf

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella View Post
    Sorry I don't know the code for that, and I cant find it in the menu where the editing tools are located.
    No code needed, like I said, it's a common feature of many image hosting sites:

Last edited by Frag Maniac; 02-10-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Noob Overclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by trekie86 View Post
    I've found that killing my partners is usually my fault, one time I accidentally ran her over with a jeep because she was hiding in a bush,.
    Rofl trekie86! done this a few times myself.
    Although against the enemies this is my favourite way of taking out a few of them at a guard camp - drive straight through/over whoever you can get!
    Zombie Killer Corsair 700D with Quad Rad mod+240 rad mod/Asus Maximus III Formula/i5 750 @ 4Ghz/8GB GSkill Trident/HIS HD 6990/Dell u2711/120GB Kingston SSD Now!/All under EK watercooling goodness!
    HTPC Lian Li V354B/i5 750/4GB Corsair/MSI HD5770/60GB GSkill Phoenix/Corsair H50/EVGA P55 Micro SLi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    A couple things I enjoyed doing in FC 2 used totally different tactics. At times I got tired of being cautious and would just drive a vehicle like a big truck into a camp, steer it toward their motor pool, bail out just before it hit their vehicles, then toss a nade at it from behind cover. The result was a rather large explosion with lots of fire they had to deal with. It made my old PC chug at times but was worth it. Once when I did this I found a Zebra laying there dead afterward and I felt bad.

Other times I'll sneak up on the enemies, like the ones guarding one of those places you deliver passports to. My fave is one near a sharp descending turn where you can creep out on rocks above them and even jump down on the roof of the place. It's funny to see them freak out when you use a silenced weapon from above them.

Xtreme Addict
    The biggest complaint I have about this game is that you have no control over what gun goes in which slot. I loved that about far cry!!! This one... I hate it. I wanted to carry a silenced MP5, shotgun, and a dragonov... but guess what! They all go in the same damn SLOT!!! @#$*!!!! That's just freakin stupid on so many levels. That just pisses me off.

Xtreme Addict
    I horded my ammo hoping that you would need it for epic battles. My advice is use all guns in all situations because there are plenty around. Use grenade launchers on a single lone person.
    All fun. Don't be shy.

Also, I would take the pyro angle and burn down everything possible. It's really fun. There are some really good sound delays if you go to a lake and fire a grenade up into the hills.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Gold AK-47!
    Stuck it in a crate and forgot which safe house it was in. If ya find it early, gives some advantage so you can spend Diamonds on other crap.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Categorized weapon slots are fairly common in lots of shooters, but the problem is, they didn't do such a good job of categorizing them. What it boils down to is the fewer slots you have, the harder it becomes to categorize them sensibly. Still, I think they could have done a better job with the # of slots they had. They seem to have attempted to make it mp/military style where you have to decide on a certain skill set (assault/stealth/demolition, etc). The problem is, this severely limits the player's ability to be prepared for various situations. What good are stealth weapons once your cover is blown? They failed to realize that the specific skill set style of play works best in games where you play with a squad, each squad member having a different skill, like Ghost Recon. This game is far too arcade for that.
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 02-16-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella View Post
    [snip]

Oh yeah, and I found this for anyone who wants it.

Nice map!!!

Is there a related map for the South ???

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 / Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1 Speaker System /
    Lian Li 343B cube case / PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Crossfire Edition /
    IOGEAR GCS1782 GCS1782 Dual-Link DVI KVMP switch with 7.1 audio