Thread: Need info from anyone with a Lian Li A70F or A71F

Xtreme Member

Need info from anyone with a Lian Li A70F or A71F

Hoping someone on here that has either an A70F or A71F can help me out.

Mounted on the front inside of both of these cases there are two 140mm fans.

Could someone measure the spacing between the screws on these fans?

Hopefully this pic helps illustrate what I mean:

curious if it is 20mm or not.

Thanks.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    20mm center to center. My BI SR-1 280mm (dual 140) fits perfectly.

Xtreme Member
    Nice.. thank you gmat! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Which direction do you have your SR-1 280 mounted in there? Barbs up or down? Does it have enough clearance with the 5.25" bay cage above?

Last questions, what components are you cooling with the SR-1 280?

Also, would a GTX or SR-1 420 fit in the top of the case? I know they are both too wide for the 5.25" cage, but wondering about the chassis rails that go down both sides, if they are wide enough.

Thanks again.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The SR-1 fits the front opening perfectly AND you can still put up filters
    But, there's a but, the top tank and barb fittings hits the bottom of 5.25 bays, there's about 2mm lacking there, really not much, so you'll have to do this:

Note that you can still put something in the bottom 5.25 bay (i'm putting my fan controller there), it's just you need the clearance for the barb fittings. That photo also answers another question (barbs on top, easier to fill and bleed). Also you cannot put it the other way, there is not enough clearance down there:

I got that case (A71F) so i could go dual rads since i am getting a rather high end system. I am using a XSPC RX360 on top with one of their pre cut tops. I'll post photos later.
    Someone has fit a 480mm rad (4x120) up there and it fits. So in length a 420mm will be NO problem at all
    I'll measure the space between top chassis rails when i get back home. From what i remember it's almost a tight fit for my 360, but there is some space left... and 140mm based rads arent that much larger.

I should do a worklog

Xtreme Member
    Awesome, thanks again.

I was originally looking at doing something like a 420 + a 360 in an A77B, but a shipping SNAFU with Newegg (they sent me a P80 instead) has me re-thinking that.

Now I'm thinking about doing an A70 or 71F like yours, and using a 280 up front + a 420 on top. I think this should have about equal cooling performance in regards to rad capacity, or?

If you can and don't mind, I would definitely be interested in the measurements of the top panel area to know if a 420 will fit up there or not.

Cheers!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There is 142mm between the top chassis bars.
    So you can fit 140mm fans there, but a radiator itself will touch if you want to put it on top because of the side shroud (especially the SR-1). Only way for you is to put fans on top then rad below them (no biggie but you lose more 5.25 bays..) - so yes it will fit.
    The 420 rad will have better cooling performance indeed you'll just have to do a custom cut on your case top for the 3x140mm fans. Think about reverting the rear 120mm so it becomes another intake to balance the airflow.

Xtreme Member
    w00t Many thanks again for helping me out gmat! I think I've decided to go with the A70F as I'm not that big on front doors for cases, and I think some of the styling on the 70F will match more with some of the other mods.