Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car won't start help please!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Lead Head View Post
    The blue gunk looks like copper sulfate. Your battery was probably venting some sulfuric acid into the terminal area, reacting with the copper in the cable and causing that corrosion. I wouldn't be surprised if your positive battery cable fails shortly.

Anyways, as far as lead-acid car batteries go, 12.6 volts is fully charged, and anything less then about 12-12.1 is not going to start your car
    Well I believe this was the original battery I'm the 2nd owner and when I bought it had around 20k miles on it 2 years ago. That red cable where the blue is was definitely missing some of the red cable. melted or whatever I guess. However, the cable itself the copper I guess look completely fine none of the copper fibers or strands whatever were sticking out so we taped it up.

Xtreme Member
    2 years for a battery isn't that much

Quote Originally Posted by NoRogeR View Post
    2 years for a battery isn't that much
    No, but 7 is.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=105937&dateline=12402 73871[/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HoJo View Post
    No, but 7 is.

Xtreme Member
    my mistake...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow9 View Post
    Well I believe this was the original battery I'm the 2nd owner and when I bought it had around 20k miles on it 2 years ago. That red cable where the blue is was definitely missing some of the red cable. melted or whatever I guess. However, the cable itself the copper I guess look completely fine none of the copper fibers or strands whatever were sticking out so we taped it up.
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to replace that cable. It looks like it just goes from the battery post to the power distribution center. One way to tell if it is bad is turn your headlights on and use a dvom. Put the positive lead on the positive battery post then put the negative on the other end of that cable. If you even have one volt it's bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123