Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canon Rebel T2i/550D/600D Rumors

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    holy crap.... they freaking gave the T2i the option for Max Auto ISO in stills and video...., wait 'til Elisha hears this...... he was upset (somewhat) that they didnt have max auto iso in the 7D vs his old sony...
    they also gave the T2i +/-7 AEB.. yes SEVEN we 7D people get 5...

what the f*** are they thinking... are they TRYING to piss off their 7D owners.

i mean seriously. the dual processors in the 7D are only used for auto focusing (the 2nd processor), which, lets be freakin honest here,,, 99% of the time, doesnt mean jack sh|t to most people... i mean they couldnt even use the 2nd cpu for freaking added quality? video? multipass jpeg ? jesus...
    god i havent had auto focus issues with any of my cameras... i can tell you right now that the auto focus aint that great, and i have great lenses and i have crappy lenses.
    and unless your out at noon in night bright daylight doing AI Servo it aint that great either. the tracking is horrible from everytime i have tried to use it.

dpreviews has their hands on preview showing full menus, along with image samples...
    and they completely screwed canon... shooting outside,, daylight.. at iso 1600?,,,, iso 640 ?? i mean gimmie a break i seriously expected those guys to be smarter than that and offer better sample images than what they did... god, what did they use the kit lens ? (i didnt check which lens it was i was just floored by the crappy image quality and high iso settings that were using)

i am really starting to get a little, ok more than a little pissed at canon.....
    Canon lists the T2i as 5 stops, not your suggested 7

Concerning AF speed, the 7D and its 8fps is aimed more towards sports/wildlife use in my opinion, where focus needs to be spot on as it can make or break a shot.

I do agree that Canon could have put the second DIGIC processor to better use, perhaps a future firmware update could add better ISO performance or video quality. I can't see multipass JPEG as a beneficial option though, as a general majority of 7D owners are going to be shooting in RAW.

Some of the dpreview shots did require a high ISO to get a 1/focal-length shutter speed, even though it was daylight. Also, I don't think dpreview took those shots (unless Barney Britton is part of dpreview), looks like an individual submitted them to the website to post - and it even gives a disclaimer that they are pre-production models.

As for Canon trying to anger 7D owners, to me it seems like it really depends on why someone buys a 7D. If its for the high resolution and video, then yes, I'd be frustrated at Canon as well for releasing a new body <6 months later at half the price if I was solely buying for those feature. But if you look at the other features of the 7D, such as high-FPS, better AF, wireless flash, and weather sealing, while the T2i does encroach on the 7D, I still think that the extra money for the 7D does make sense.
    [ 3770K @ 4.2 : H100i : ASRock Z77E-ITX : GTX560 Ti : 16GB DDR3 1800 : +4TB : Bitfenix Prodigy : 2x Dell S2340M : Filco Majestouch-2 [Cherry Brown] : BX8a Deluxe]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't regret getting the 7D. However I do hope they implement the max ISO via firmware to the 7D. When I first got the 7D, I wrote Canon a letter asking them for it as well as the min shutter speed option like the Nikons have and they gave me a stupid reply. So now they seem to see the light and implemented it.

As for the capability of the Dual-Digic, I'm sure it's capability can be expanded if need be and if Canon wants it to do more than what it is doing right now. Maybe they will implement small changes via FW as well. Probably better NR algorithms in the future.
    However they may only do this for the 1D4 since the life cycle for that model is 2.5-3 years rather than the 7D which may get replaced at the end of this year if they follow the XXD life cycle.

Xtreme Guru
    Canon is striving to be the new Apple. Marketing blitzing with ho-hum releases.
    STARSCREAM
    3570k @ 4.6 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V LK | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM | ASUS GeForce GTX550 Ti
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Corsair Force GT 120GB | SK hynix 128GB | Samsung 830 64GB
    WD Black 640GB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i
    Corsair AX750 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 | Antec P280 | Dell Ultrasharp U2410 | BenQ XL2420T
    ROCCAT Savu | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Reds
    MEGATRON
    3770k @ 4.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    SK hynix 128GB | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB | WD Red 3TB (4) | Seagate 7200rpm 3TB (2)
    WD Green 2TB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i (2)
    Corsair AX650 | Corsair H80i

I am Xtreme
    i dont either elisha but to see that they added such a S I M P L E feature as max ISO for video and pictures on an entry dSLR vs the 7D is retarded.

Canon lists the T2i as 5 stops, not your suggested 7
    you might want to read that article again and look at the pictures.
    i very clearly saw 7 stops. + or -7

but it was a pre final camera so it may end up at 5 stops.

As for Canon trying to anger 7D owners, to me it seems like it really depends on why someone buys a 7D
    that was a joking comment as to why they would add features to an entry model which is nearly identicle to its semi pro model
    and instead of the other way around.

i have a feeling there could be some large backlash from 7D owners if they release the camera with a few of the stated features.
    unless they put out an update of course.

they can not claim that 7D owners are going to be more professional and wont need those features because i am a retard and want them, and Elisha makes some dang nice pictures and i can guarentee he'd like to have the max auto iso.

i am not saying i hate canon for what they have shown the camera to be thus far, i am jsut saying that if you release a lesser model such as this, you had better damn well make sure that your higher end model remains attractive because i will tell you again, that allll those aufocus points do nothing, maybe i have to be under blaring lights? daylight? studio lights? cuz it doesnt help at all for "around the house".

i hope they release a new 7D firmware to address things also (iso noise, max auto iso, etc etc.)

Canon is striving to be the new Apple. Marketing blitzing with ho-hum releases.
    wow that coming from the guy who swears by a company who hasnt released anything NEW for how long?
    and please, dont call the D3000 and 5000 new.... the D90 doesnt even classify as new... even though its a great camera (even i know that)

none of the 12mp cameras do, as far as i am concerned, they are rehashed and slightly tweaked and then charge you an arm and a leg for it.

as for the guy posting the pic's....
    whom ever it was wasn't just "some guy"
    the camera isnt even out yet.... so that guy has to be someone in the business.

as for iso 1600... your comment may be true, but it was still daylight, and iso1600, and daylight and ISO640.. 640 ? come on... none of those off beat iso settings work... they cause the pictures to appear out of focus, blurry and generally just crap.
    dont ask me why, even the guys at the camera store agreed with me today when i made that comment. those inbetween iso settings are just garbage and should nver be used.
    Last edited by Lestat; 02-13-2010 at 07:49 PM.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Enthusiast
    you might want to read that article again and look at the pictures.
    i very clearly saw 7 stops. + or -7

but it was a pre final camera so it may end up at 5 stops.
    My response is based off of the information Canon has listed on its website. It's listed as 5 stops here and here.
    i hope they release a new 7D firmware to address things also (iso noise, max auto iso, etc etc.)
    +1, although the 550D looks nice, I'm still leaning towards the 7D as I like the wireless flash and better ISO performance (unless the rumored 60D will have those).
    [ 3770K @ 4.2 : H100i : ASRock Z77E-ITX : GTX560 Ti : 16GB DDR3 1800 : +4TB : Bitfenix Prodigy : 2x Dell S2340M : Filco Majestouch-2 [Cherry Brown] : BX8a Deluxe]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You know the funny thing about the 7D in M mode set to Auto ISO?
    The darn thing still used 1/3 ISOs even though you set ISO to full stops only in the Custom Functions.
    Not enough to piss me off but a little irritating nonetheless. Maybe I should start manually setting ISO when shooting in M.

I wish I had more time to go out and take pics. If the T2i turns out to be decent upon release, I may get one for the wife later on in the year!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    I wish I had more time to go out and take pics. If the T2i turns out to be decent upon release, I may get one for the wife later on in the year!
    So you mean another camera for yourself? haha
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ripken204 View Post
    So you mean another camera for yourself? haha
    Lol maybe but not in public cause I'm a big camera snob. If my pinkie does not fit on the grip, I'm not using it in public

Xtreme Guru
    wow that coming from the guy who swears by a company who hasnt released anything NEW for how long?
    and please, dont call the D3000 and 5000 new.... the D90 doesnt even classify as new... even though its a great camera (even i know that)

none of the 12mp cameras do, as far as i am concerned, they are rehashed and slightly tweaked and then charge you an arm and a leg for it.
    Wow dude when did you get so edgy?

As for the D90 comment, the D90 revolutionized high ISO performance in the consumer market.... 1 camera completely changed consumer dslr sales. It also had the widest dynamic range of ANY camera short of $6000, but there's nothing new about it.
    STARSCREAM
    3570k @ 4.6 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V LK | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM | ASUS GeForce GTX550 Ti
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Corsair Force GT 120GB | SK hynix 128GB | Samsung 830 64GB
    WD Black 640GB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i
    Corsair AX750 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 | Antec P280 | Dell Ultrasharp U2410 | BenQ XL2420T
    ROCCAT Savu | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Reds
    MEGATRON
    3770k @ 4.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    SK hynix 128GB | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB | WD Red 3TB (4) | Seagate 7200rpm 3TB (2)
    WD Green 2TB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i (2)
    Corsair AX650 | Corsair H80i

Xtreme Addict
    I like Nikon for how they act and behave as company.. (plus for quality of their equip).

About 7D and proclamed "8 FPS" .. hm.. its 8 FPS in bright daylight (or bright artifical light). Not if it gets bit "dark".

Youtube - 7D slowing down..

Everything set on manual.. but still, when image goes dark.. FPS go down. Apparently not everything is that "manual" as it seems. Its mentioned even in papers that FPS depends on lightning.. 7D users can try it.

Another minus for Canon.
    Last edited by Mescalamba; 02-14-2010 at 03:45 PM.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That's cause it is actively metering. Same as the 1D4. If you exposure lock it will shoot 8fps all day.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Mescalamba View Post
    I like Nikon for how they act and behave as company.. (plus for quality of their equip).

About 7D and proclamed "8 FPS" .. hm.. its 8 FPS in bright daylight (or bright artifical light). Not if it gets bit "dark".

Youtube - 7D slowing down..

Everything set on manual.. but still, when image goes dark.. FPS go down. Apparently not everything is that "manual" as it seems. Its mentioned even in papers that FPS depends on lightning.. 7D users can try it.

Another minus for Canon.

well of course its not 8fps when its dark.. what do you expect.... longer shutter speeds equals less frames per second........ i am a bit dumb founded that you would believe that 8fps is 100% of the time bright or dark.

do the math,,, what shutter speed would it take to get 8 shots in 1 second... 0.125 thats easy.

i can tell you 8fps is possible alot more than you believe it to be and when you crack off 8 in 1 second,, heads turn.

the big downfall..... and this plagued the 40D also @ 6.5fps... under certain lighting the 1st shot is the only good one, after that they are bad.. some might be darker, some will have the wrong white balance (they might look yellowish) or they just progressively get worse.

i never EVER understood why the allow the mirror to flip up and down past, say 2 frames... it just seems retarded to me.
    live view has the mirror flipped up so all you hear is a little whispery click click of the shutter, but without LV, that mirror is flapping like mad and i can see where problems might arrise as it only takes a millisecond of that mirror in frame to mess things up.
    and dont say use mirror lock up because doing so looses viewfinder usability.
    on a tripod it would be ok i suppose for still shots or wider angle shots but not when you need to move the camera and see what you are shooting.
    Last edited by Lestat; 02-14-2010 at 06:25 PM.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Enthusiast
    No dude, when it is in M even if the shutter speed is high enough, you won't hit 8fps in a dark room cause the new metering system is actively tracking after each frame unless you do an exposure lock.

I set my Shutter button to exposure lock and use my back button to AF and Meter so I don't experience this issue.

Xtreme Addict
    Didnt knew about mirror flip-up issue, thats really wierd. Flipping mirror up and down without reason is not logical and I guess that it can be done by just FW fix..

I forwarded that Exposure Lock explanation to owner (and one of local forums) so they'll know what you know. Thanks for explanation..
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

I am Xtreme
    the mirror flip up issue isnt an issue persay, i do not know if the issue of fast frames per second giving wierd pictures after the first shot is a documented issue, but its a factual issue among users and has been on several camera generations.
    it could be a sensor issue, it could be a mirror flip issue in that the mirror isnt out of the way fully, or the mirror for a millisecond alters the light and as such alters the image retained on the sensor.
    i have never called canon to ask, but since it is based on environmental lighting... i dont know, i cant say what the true cause it,,, but it does happen and its annoying as hell because many times it defeats the purpose of having that fast of shutter speed.

i cant say i have noticed it outdoors, but indoors, absolutely....

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    Is there a chance that Canon would upgrade the firmware of the T1i to incorporate some of the new updates?
    Regards,
    Chris

Core i7 920 3931A318 4.4GHz 1.375vcore | EVGA X58 Classified E760 | EVGA GTX470 1280MB | Corsair Dominator GT 7-8-7-20 1688MHz | Heatkiller 3.0 CU and Feser xChanger 480 | Seasonic M12 (Soon to be replaced)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O View Post
    Is there a chance that Canon would upgrade the firmware of the T1i to incorporate some of the new updates?
    No.
    Canon 5D Mark II (Canon 50mm f/1.2L | Canon 135mm f/2L | Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L | Contax Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 | Zuiko 21mm f/3.5 | Crumpler 7MDH | Hitech filters + Lee Foundation Kit | B+W filters)
    Hasselblad 201F (Zeiss 80mm f/2.8 CF | 2x A12 Back | Domke F-4AF)
    Nikon F3HP (Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 | Nikkor 55mm f/1.2)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the mirror flip up issue isnt an issue persay, i do not know if the issue of fast frames per second giving wierd pictures after the first shot is a documented issue, but its a factual issue among users and has been on several camera generations.
    it could be a sensor issue, it could be a mirror flip issue in that the mirror isnt out of the way fully, or the mirror for a millisecond alters the light and as such alters the image retained on the sensor.
    i have never called canon to ask, but since it is based on environmental lighting... i dont know, i cant say what the true cause it,,, but it does happen and its annoying as hell because many times it defeats the purpose of having that fast of shutter speed.

i cant say i have noticed it outdoors, but indoors, absolutely....
    It really depends if you set it to AF priority or Drive priority. AF priority will AF between shots and Drive priority locks AF only for first shot and fires the rest without AF acquisition.

I am Xtreme
    i am not talking about AI Servo here. and AF priority or Drive priority are only setable in AI Servo. (i think)
    if we are talking about the same thing.
    i only use 1 Shot mode (or what ever it is called) and rarely if ever use AI Servo cuz it is useless from my experience.

can you elaborate as i think i am misunderstanding what you are refering to, and this might help me when dealing with this issue.

and again this has nothing to do with focusing this has everything to do with exposure and white balance.

i have had shots that are completely fooked and unusable, not darker but a complete yellowing or similar color hue to the picture.

the 40D i had was really bad at this and the 7D isnt nearly so much but it is absolutely still there.
    next time this comes up i will save the pictures instead of deleting them.
    Last edited by Lestat; 02-15-2010 at 08:36 PM.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ok I'm not sure what you are referring to now. I was was thinking that the issue you were talking about was about frame 2 onwards being OOF/blurry or soft when in rapid fire.
    With One Shot you can't really expect frame 2 onwards in rapid fire to be in focus all the time cause One Shot is exactly what it stands for and is only for precise stationary subject focus as well as low light focus. So AF is not continuous when the shutter button is held down.

I am Xtreme
    one shot with high shutter speed is fine for stills, there is no need to recalibrate focus, or even exposure or white balance.
    i do high shutter speed at times because my hands are not the still rock solid hands of a 16yr old anymore.
    my thyristor grip is helping but not totally.

but i didnt mean to highjack the thread, when i get a few more shots that show this i will share them in a new thread.

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Addict
    that T2i is pretty tempting now over the 7D, oh the hard decisions we must make
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Xtreme Member
    february, the 23rd
    mark the date, 1Ds mkIV will come (most likely)
    and bunch of other stuff, too
    24-70L IS is the most interesting for me, because it will probably drop prices of second-hand 24-70-s
    }{ my photoBLOG

Canon 5D | Canon 17-40 F4L | Canon 135 F2L | Sigma 70 F2.8 EX Macro | Manfrotto CXPRO4 | Markins Q3 | Lee filters

I am Xtreme
    yeah ripken,,,
    the T2i is looking VERY interesting when compared to twice the cost for a 7D.
    yes the 7D is better,,, but for 1/2 the price... the T2i has the potential to be 80% or higher the camera that the 7D is.

the slow shooting though,,, thats really the only thing i hated about the Rebel series otherwise i probably would never have went into the D series. (20D then 40D now 7D)

very tempting....

Heat Ebay Feedback

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast