Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nVidia apology...on twitter

Xtreme Legend

nVidia apology...on twitter

After the "are you ready" fiasco Pureoverclock report an apology is seen on twitter...

http://www.pureoverclock.com/story4370.html

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme Addict
    lol, "are you ready...because we are not!" campain backfired? nooo impossible!

Apologies for the confusion around our most recent GF100 update. To clarify, launch date for GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470 is March 26, 2010.
    ill believe it when i see it.
    [MOBO] Asus CrossHair Formula 5 AM3+
    [GPU] ATI 6970 x2 Crossfire 2Gb
    [RAM] G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
    [CPU] AMD FX-8120 @ 4.8 ghz
    [COOLER] XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 WaterCooling
    [OS] Windows 8 x64 Enterprise
    [HDD] OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
    [AUDIO] Logitech S-220 17 Watts 2.1

Wanna look under my kilt?
    PR material is meant to be prepped professionally and in advance of release. Amateur mistake. Could only have been worse if it contained spelling mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    PR material is meant to be prepped professionally and in advance of release. Amateur mistake. Could only have been worse if it contained spelling mistakes.

Bring... bring the amber lamps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Guru
    It is an apology for not mentioning the actual release date in clear terms. Otherwise, they are not apologizing for the announcement itself.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    It is an apology for not mentioning the actual release date in clear terms. Otherwise, they are not apologizing for the announcement itself.

Mistake number 324...

So.. they're actually announcing an announcement about announcing fermi..

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    People here like to sometimes skew the news in their favor to justify their opinions. Nvidia simply wasn't very clear about this whole thing to begin with... and they continued to be vague(which is easy) and were forced to clarify what they were saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

I am Xtreme
    The date should be real this time, hopefully, Nvidia hasn't given an actual release date before.
    But yes, this is not an apology about all the unnecessary hype (which I am pretty disappointed about).
    Last edited by zalbard; 02-23-2010 at 10:00 AM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sorry for the noob'ish question but with so many rebranding, renaming, delaying and whatsoever I really lost track with what's going on at Nvidia side of the fence.

Why GTX 480? The 3xx line will be only for low-end cards?
    Murray Walker: "And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's McLaren as he enters the Swimming Pool."

James Hunt: "Well, that should put them out then."

They should start prepping the apology for the performance/$ ratio now.
    Q6600(w/ nautilus 500)@3.2ghz
    P35 DS3r rev.1(w/ jing ting on NB)
    Buffalo Firestix PC2-6400 CL5
    PCS 4870 512MB
    X-FI xtrememusic
    150GB raptor
    BFG 800w
    Samsung SH-S183L

Quote Originally Posted by skindogg View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    Why do you always have to bring two sockets into everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Because a one socket system is only 1/2 a system..
    You got two balls don't you?
    I rest my case!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I cant wait for these cards, going to grab one soon as they come out.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skindogg View Post
    How about Pentium 4 and Intel for 5 years?

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    A bit worse than an amateur mistake; if it was that sort of mistake, the material would have been corrected within a few hours at max. They released at start of business on Monday, but it's taken them approximately 24 hours to clear up what should have been fixed/clarified within 2-4 hours. They need to review their contracts with marketing companies and start pruning out the ones that make mistakes such as these. And remember, it's not just the marketing company. nVidia execs are also required to authorize advertising. At a minimum, it passes their desk and gets reviewed and signed off upon.

My toys:
    Asus Sabertooth X58 | Core i7-950 (D0) | CM Hyper 212+ | G.Skill Sniper LV 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | GeForce GTX 670-2048MB | OCZ Agility 4 512GB, WD Raptor 150GB x 3 (RAID0), WD Black 1TB x 2 (RAID0) | XFX 650W CAH9 | Lian-Li PC-9F | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | Core i7-920 (D0) | Stock HSF | G.Skill Sniper LV 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB | WD Caviar 80GB IDE, 4TB x 2 (RAID5) | Corsair TX750 | XClio 188AF | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Dell Dimension 8400 | Pentium 4 530 HT (E0) | Stock HSF | 1.5GB DDR2-400 CL3 | GeForce 8800 GT 256MB | WD Caviar 160GB SATA | Stock PSU | (Broken) Stock Case | Win Vista HP x86
    Little Dot DAC_I | Little Dot MK IV | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) | TEAC AG-H300 MkIII | Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2's

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Caparroz View Post
    Why GTX 480? The 3xx line will be only for low-end cards?
    3xx cards are essentially G2xx parts with DX10.1.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

I am Xtreme
    This IMO appears to have been a PR stunt in an attempt to draw attention away from ATI. However, that backfired and from some responses people have actually decided to buy ATI instead.

No, they are not going to apology for the PR stunt in and of itself. Apparently they had their agenda for it. It appears to me that they are apologzing because it didn't have the effect they were looking for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HelixPC View Post
    I cant wait for these cards, going to grab one soon as they come out.
    I'm going to see how they perform then compare them to the Ati refresh. The only way to fail here is get into a hurry. But then again, I'm not a fanboy.

Xtreme Member
    The supreme land of rules and regulations
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoZ View Post
    I'm going to see how they perform then compare them to the Ati refresh. The only way to fail here is get into a hurry. But then again, I'm not a fanboy.
    Finally someone speaking some sense. Most of what I've been seeing lately is "I'm not a fanboy but...." whereas you begin your sentence with the but lol. Makes all the difference.
    If I'm a danger to myself just think what I could do to you.

Aussie God
    I dont think nVidia should appologize.... I think alot of us had a great laugh over their marketing hype..... Smiling, laughing, is healthy, nVidia is entering a completely different league - the first manuf that is concerned about the health of the beloved gamers!

g0 nvidia !!!
    Its a good move, this way you might stand a chance when Intel is to run your arses over.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    3xx cards are essentially G2xx parts with DX10.1.
    Yea, I know that but Nvidia simply gave up on releasing a 3xx high-end/flagship card? If that's the case, Nvidia itself is admitting that they went too far with the renaming/rebranding stuff, IMHO.

It's like... "Yeah, let those 99% poor blokes that doesn't know better spend their hard earned on that crap. Those few that bother to do a 30sec search on Google keep theirs 8800/9800/GTX 2xx and wait for the 4xx line. Yup, we pretty much acknowlwdge that and don't give flying feck about it."
    Murray Walker: "And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's McLaren as he enters the Swimming Pool."

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsama View Post
    A bit worse than an amateur mistake; if it was that sort of mistake, the material would have been corrected within a few hours at max. They released at start of business on Monday, but it's taken them approximately 24 hours to clear up what should have been fixed/clarified within 2-4 hours. They need to review their contracts with marketing companies and start pruning out the ones that make mistakes such as these. And remember, it's not just the marketing company. nVidia execs are also required to authorize advertising. At a minimum, it passes their desk and gets reviewed and signed off upon.
    Sorry for the double post but QFT.

I work for an ad agency myself and the client do brief the mkt company everytime it wants something done and the client board has to aprove everything the agency does.

Of course the ad agency/mkt company make some/a lot sugestions, etc. but it depends on the contract and the relationship between them. Knowing how Nvidia management works, I believe they're dead seat about this piece and to hell with what the mkt company thought about it.

Do keep in mind that every company have a Mkt. Dept. itself but in the vast majority of cases it's very far from beeing so powerful inside the company as you guys think.
    Last edited by Caparroz; 02-23-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    You all think its funny well its not Nvidia is competing against ATi and so a part of their speech will be:

"You all know what R600 did for ATi well since we are Nvidia we are great and bold we have made similar TDP and broken process manufacture method as R600 brought to the table. On top of that we are tying to get GTX 4 series in the market even later than R600 was suppose to come. Let it be noted we make a announcement that Nvidia will announce the GTX 4 series in the near future."

Coming Soon

Banned
    they made an announcement for an announcement which didn't annouce the official announce date of announced videocard so they have announced an apology, lol

Xtreme Addict
    It works very well. There is a 6 pages thread (now closed) just couple of threads down with 350 replies and over 20000 views. The moral of this hype campain was, as somebody put it succinctly, "We prevented you to buy an ATI card two more days...pwn'd!" I can't remember how many times we fell into tricks like this as a forum in the past couple of monts. Can you blame NVdia? I think their marketing department is doing a superb job given the fact that they don't have an actual product to market yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast