Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team AU do Australias biggest LAN party

PIfection

Team AU do Australias biggest LAN party

This year again Team Australia attended the RELOADED Lan event based in Adelaide Australia. This event is held once a year and is the premiere lan gaming event in Australia. Reloaded attracts approx 1000~ visitors over the two day event and has a number of competitions and prize give aways throughout.

Two years ago Moloko and myself were lucky enough to attend and represent Team Australia in this event under the Altech banner. This year we are back with a much larger crew...

Dinos22- Mr team australia and SuperPI wizard
    tuchan - audio, smoke machine and beer supply
    unclefester - supplier of everything i forgot
    bob(nz) - team australia member
    youngpro - Mr controversy

At this type of event it is always hard to really focus on record breaking benching. The crowd is always interested and asking questions and most of your time is spend talking to people over what you are doing and how you are doing it. We focussed much more this year on high scores and more on getting the crowd involved and explaining everything to the crowd, getting people involved in what we were doing.

I also had a P55A-UD4P to give away and I chose a 3dmark 2001 competition to give it away. We had a competition on the user that could get closest to 60,000 marks. The competition went really well but the feedback I had was that not everyone could achieve 60k, I seem to be a little out of touch with the lower end of 2k1 and will make sure everyone can achieve my give aways next year! We had a user reach 59993 marks, which proved to be unbeatable, a few users got 58 and 61 but none closer than this!

I would like to thank Gigabyte and GSKILL our main sponsors and also Intel and AMD for sending some gear over for the duration of this event. I would also like to thank my LN2 guy neil at Party World for organizing to drop off and pick up the 480 Litres for the event, you went out of your way, thanks mate.

For the duration of the event we had two rigs going for most of the time but at times ran a third rig also.

Dino was on our primary rig, he was running the GIGABYTE 790FXTA-UD5 board with a strong 965 C3 and a set of GSKILL 17600 PS hypers. This platform ran very strongly for the duration of the event, but had a few issues. Dino had the 32m and 1m records in his sights a number of times but world record runs froze towards the end on more than one occassion. I think you did really well considering the circumstances Dino, even kindly pausing to explain what you were doing to on lookers. In a number of photos below you can see Dino being smoked out with the smoke machine... We had alot of fun pointing it at the crowd and people running off thinking something of ours was on fire.

Our second rig was on phase change, it was running a Clark 660, GIGABYTE P55A-UD7 GSKILL PIS 2200 C7 kit and a 5870. This rig was setup for the crowd to have a look how fast and smooth RE5 and Unigine Heaven benchmarks can run with a subzero cpu. Not long after we started we had users playing Crysis on this system and it went on for most of the event. All of the gamers we talked to were very intersted in overclocking and what we were doing but they REALLY wanted to know if it could run Crysis!

Our last rig was by popular demand. People wanted MORE out of the Crysis platform, and Team Australia delivered. We ran this platform with a GIGABYTE X58A-UD7, GSKILL 17066 Perfect Storms and 3 5870 cards. The Intel 960 cpu was at 5-5.2Ghz and was running subzero at about -70 degrees for the session. We had a number of users step up and play Crysis, we even had a user donate his HD monitor so we could up the resolution and push the benchmark. We took turns pouring LN2 for this rig as it was up and running for a good 4-5 hours in all.

I had heaps of fun at the event, I didnt get to spend any time benching, mainly running around organizing things for the event. I did get to spend a few minutes trying to beat the user that achieved 59993 marks but I was only able to get 60009 at best, I was no match for this 3DMark01 low clock master.

the lan

setting up

team au fighting over the ln2

our 3dmark01 competition winner and his score

dino controlling the room

dino smoked out

dinos platform

our RE5 platform

the booth

crysis going down

our sound man andy enjoying the gourmet cuisine

taking a quiet moment to do some mods before everyone arrives

Last edited by youngpro; 01-31-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Cool event guys! Yah almost impossible to get serious benching done when a microphone is constantly being shoved in your face or you get tons of questions from public. That contest is cool though, thats how you get others interested in OC. Have them get on the rig and do some clocking!

Xtreme Member
    Nice event guys
    "We Overclock and Crunch you to the Ground" - DDTUNG

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4.0GHz HT 1.2V - On Water
    4x8GB ADATA XPG V2@ 2800 12-14-14-35 1T
    2x ADATA SSD XPG SX900 256GB RAID0
    2x Seagate 2TB
    SLI GTX 680 by ASUS
    Seasonic Extreme 1250 Watts
    Solid Tech-Station - Cosmos II
    Z5500 Sound Speakers

Admin
    So, you aussies disappear for a couple of weeks, and with the grand return, all you have to show for it is this?

Quite lackluster compared to what we're used to...

j/k of course, seems like lots of fun. Always much more fun too when there's not so much pressure on getting big scores.

PIfection
    haha thanks guys, yeah thats just it, more fun when theres no pressure...

i met some guy there with 80TB of storage, he brought 60TB of it on a road trip some 1000KM crazy...

yeah i know gautam, ive got scores i just dont dare post anything anymore haha

I am Xtreme
    lol

nice work team.au

where was eva?

Aussie God
    The Dino in action...

One thing I wonder, is that really the biggest LAN event in Aussieland....? An entire continent, and thats THE biggest LAN? I must admit, Im stunned...It seems like sub 150 seats, I expected something like DreamHack ~13K seats... :-/
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

PIfection
    yeah mate biggest by a long way, i think its 1000 user of something, there is another couple room with other activity that i dont have photo of haha

mr eva is extremely busy with his work ,he wasnt able to make it

Xtreme Legend
    we had lots of fun
    thanks to Gigabyte, Gskill, Gap Marketing & AMD for their support and Adelaide guys and especially youngpro for their hospitality.

Adelaide is such a nice, peaceful city. I really liked it very much

I've tested some nice hardware and plan to do some more testing. Here is a list:
    • Gigabyte 790FXA-UD5
    • Seagate SATA3 2TB First SATA3 HDD in the world (I plan to do some more in depth testing on Intel platofrm with this one)
    • Gskill 2GB based sticks in Ripjaw and 17600 kit
    • ATI 5870 Radeons awesome cards
    • Kingpin Venom AMD CPU LN2 pot

I did burn a lot of LN2 to try and get some 32M runs but it seems that either i am doing something super wrong or that there is a problem with the CPU after it came to me from TW event .......... at some point no matter if 6.3 or 6.5GHz the CPU will warm up instantly (usually around loop 4) and quickly by 10C and crash.........very unusual and it's not pot related as ive tested a lot of pots and i think i managed to even get -185C at IHS with Kingpin Venom during 32M but once it hit that crazy heat spot it would just heat up to -174C or something and lockup...............

i really wanted a 32M run and tried that.......later i did attempt 1M but this was on day two and the boards were getting even more shaky after constant torture so it was a no go......i did get a look at half done sub 10s 1ms and some crazy 32Ms but if it doesnt finish no point carrying on heheheheh .....After the event i also tried this chip on Asus Crosshair board and got the same behaviour from the CPU but it was clocking even worse on that board ..... suffice to say i've run out of steam with that chip lol

this event i think was more like 1000 seats than 150 Marc heheh....this was the main hall but there was another gamers hall on the left ....

Andy is an absolute legend.....hahahah.... he was exactly as you described him James lol

GRAYTE SUXESSSS

used some stiching software to create a panorama cause my camera couldnt take a wide shot like this hehehe

Last edited by dinos22; 02-10-2010 at 07:20 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

hoho young but pro one
    very nice lan party man and great pix, but oh without chicks? No No that wasn't a OC party how you can bench ? did you check our Nordic friends lan party? next time please invite some nice AU chicks, we don't care Dino fotos
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Xtreme Addict
    hmm ... crt monitors ... wont it be lighter to use lcd?

I accept cash
    Looks like a lot of fun guys, well done.

LOL at the bottom right of Dino's picture hahahahaha

I am Xtreme
    Looks like a lot of fun - Where's the beer?

You should have punished that guy for running 3Dmark01 on Vista, boo, boo, boo!

Xtreme Legend
    lol we drank A LOT of "coffee" hey Andy
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Memory Addict
    wow guys looks like you had one hell of a good time Yeah I'm not much of a social guy but work is main reason I don't travel much :o

enough Gigabyte marketing on the backside of the lcd monitor ?

strange about the cpu temps jumping +10C half way through though weird indeed.

James what phase change unit was on the RE5 rig ? the evap mount looks like a Cbuzz edition cooler ?

Dino at the panorama photo's bottom right corner watermark image ROFLMAO
    ---

Xtreme Member
    nice event

and yes first i thought that no one would look at the bottom right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice event! Were does guys just playing FPS games with Ln2 cooled rig?

Quote Originally Posted by To(V)bo Co(V)bo View Post
    This is gonna be way more fun than my wifes tits.

Quote Originally Posted by the-strokes View Post

auhsuhasuhuhasuh
    OMG
    I2I3 Overcloking Team

Xtreme Member
    Great event !

Some guys with crt monitors LOL

would like to have something like that in my country
    Quote Originally Posted by S_A_V View Post
    I not bench on unprepared rig, so I decided to stop trying and go drink beer instead of making some crap results.
    Still getting there

xtreme energy
    I am sorry, what year is it now? Still crts to the LAN party?
    Last edited by kiwi; 02-01-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    I am sorry, which year is it now? Still crts to the LAN party?
    Many users still prefer CRTs
    I2I3 Overcloking Team

PIfection
    Quote Originally Posted by hiwa View Post
    hoho young but pro one
    very nice lan party man and great pix, but oh without chicks? No No that wasn't a OC party how you can bench ? did you check our Nordic friends lan party? next time please invite some nice AU chicks, we don't care Dino fotos
    okay hiwa because you want so badly... here is uncle fester with some ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun - Where's the beer?

You should have punished that guy for running 3Dmark01 on Vista, boo, boo, boo!
    see all those coffee cups mate? they only had coffee in for the first drink of the day

Quote Originally Posted by eva2000 View Post
    James what phase change unit was on the RE5 rig ? the evap mount looks like a Cbuzz edition cooler ?
    yeah mate thats my cbuzz unit, dino and i grabbed a unit each a few months back, went all day for two days so its fairly strong little unit...

Xtreme XIP

Thumbs up

Great LAN Party Guys , you guys had a lot of fun . James thank you for posting those ladies on the pictures , Dinos looks scary on his Pink Bikini i dont want to look at it anymore

Regards: Chispy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast