Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Catalyst 10.1 Available now !

Post Catalyst 10.1 Available now !

It seems AMD has silently released the awaited 10.1

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_ca...indows-7-64bit

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow, they took their time this month. It's the 27th!

Good news nonetheless

Champion
    10.1...hmm...that sounds familiar :p
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Xtreme Member
    Damn it, really wanted 3d support from ATI
    CPU: Intel 2500k (4.8ghz)
    Mobo: Asus P8P67 PRO
    GPU: HIS 6950 flashed to Asus 6970 (1000/1400) under water
    Sound: Corsair SP2500 with X-Fi
    Storage: Intel X-25M g2 160GB + 1x1TB f1
    Case: Sivlerstone Raven RV02
    PSU: Corsair HX850
    Cooling: Custom loop: EK Supreme HF, EK 6970
    Screens: BenQ XL2410T 120hz

Help for Heroes

I am Xtreme
    The following performance gains are noticed with this release of ATI Catalyst™
    • Left 4 Dead 2 – Overall performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series products and ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series products
    • Crysis – Performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series products and as much as 4% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series products
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

I'm looking more for fixes related to:

- Once a display on Display Port is turned off, the driver reconfigures the desktop, removing it from an extended configuration entirely (thanks)
    - No more random flickering on 5000 series cards when using an extended desktop
    - Way to switch between an extended and eyefinity desktop that actually works

Hoping that some of those made it in.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodkin View Post
    Damn it, really wanted 3d support from ATI
    eh?

Xtreme Addict
    3D DESKTOP

Xtreme Enthusiast

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Right on time AMD.... right on time.
    Nice job...
    Is it a one man team ?
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Addict
    Did they fix crossfire for eyefinity yet? Quickly scanned the above pdf and doesn't seem like they did.
    Core i7 920@ 4.66ghz(H2O)
    6gb OCZ platinum
    4870x2 + 4890 in Trifire
    2*640 WD Blacks
    750GB Seagate.

Xtreme Addict
    The only number's i care about is performance #'s

Xtreme Member
    Main difference I have noticed between nv and ATI since I switched has been drivers, the ati ones just seem a bit half baked. Issues with over clocking and multiple displays, poor 120hz support, that sabatour stuff
    CPU: Intel 2500k (4.8ghz)
    Mobo: Asus P8P67 PRO
    GPU: HIS 6950 flashed to Asus 6970 (1000/1400) under water
    Sound: Corsair SP2500 with X-Fi
    Storage: Intel X-25M g2 160GB + 1x1TB f1
    Case: Sivlerstone Raven RV02
    PSU: Corsair HX850
    Cooling: Custom loop: EK Supreme HF, EK 6970
    Screens: BenQ XL2410T 120hz

Help for Heroes

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    I'm looking more for fixes related to:

- No more random flickering on 5000 series cards when using an extended desktop
    Doesn't raising the 2D clocks fix that?

Xtreme Addict
    uninstalled 9.12 with the hotfix before installing 10.1...after reboot cat still says 9.12...wtf
    Case-Coolermaster Cosmos S
    MoBo- ASUS Crosshair IV
    Graphics Card-XFX R9 280X [out for RMA] using HD5870
    Hard Drive-Kingston 240Gig V300 master Seagate 160Gb slave Seagate 250Gb slave Seagate 500Gb slave Western Digital 500Gb
    CPU-AMD FX-8320 5Ghz
    RAM 8Gig Corshair c8
    Logitech 5.1 Z5500 BOOST22
    300Gb of MUSICA!!

Steam ID: alphamonkeywoman
    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/933ab/

Xtreme Addict
    Is the Powerplay issue solved? Had to go back to 9.11 because with 9.12 the PC would lock up with a weird bluescreen with vertical stripes...
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mats View Post
    Doesn't raising the 2D clocks fix that?
    It makes it better, but it never goes away it would seem. I'd try overclocking and seeing if that helped even further, but my card can't overclock at all.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Member
    Sweet, thanks.

Xtreme Addict
    i am starting to wonder if amd used there own driver team in that new commercial

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eric66 View Post
    i am starting to wonder if amd used there own driver team in that new commercial
    +1... classic

Xtreme Member
    A little off topic , but while downloading the new drivers, i checked to see if overdrive was updated, but get server errror? http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_overdrive.aspx

/me wonders

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Sabotaged by nVIDIA...

AMD not so... proudly presents to you the... Cataclysm 10.1 late night edition

It better not be better than the previous releases in any benchmark because I'm benching tomorrow... monkeys @ AMD
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Addict
    damm i hope they told us true about cat 10.2 and 10.3

Xtreme Member
    flash acceleration?
    Obsolescence be thy name

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast