Thread: Intel S5520SC Shady Cove

Xtreme Addict

Intel S5520SC Shady Cove

I got mine up and running but as with most it would seem, not without a few hic-ups along the way.

I basically just set mine up on the bench using the bear minimum to get things going and loaded Windows 7onto a WD Raptor which loaded pretty much as normal.

Once into the OP everything sort of felt a bit notchy and sluggish but i carried on regardless and added a Belkin 54g network card which is when things started to go downhill and not only would it not find my network, the system started to freeze.

Long story short....

The only other operating system i had was XP 64 bit so i loaded that without any problems and immediately everything seemed much snappier so went ahead and loaded my network card and i'm currently downloading Windows updates so it would seem shady cove doesn't like Windows 7 at all

Once i get everything downloaded i'll go about updating the BIOS/FRU/SDR and see how things go from there.

Just wondering if anyone else had any experience with Windows 7 good or bad and if it can actually be used as although XP is running flawlessly, i feel like i've taken a step back in time

Xtreme Addict
    Did you ever solve the Windows 7 random sluggishness? I'm experiencing much the same here.. :/

| Asus nVidia 580 GTX @ 850MHz |
    | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate | Mac OS X 10.6.8 | Mac OS X 10.7.2 |
    | Intel Core i7 970 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte X58A-UD9 | 12GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 |
    | HTC HD2 | MIUI 1.10.21 | Android 2.3.7 | TyTung 12.4 Kernel |

New Builds Coming Soon..