Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WINDy case to be shipped worldwide!

Xtreme Member

WINDy case to be shipped worldwide!

http://www-online.jp/

Up until now, to buy a WINDy case you need a Japanese credit card and a Japanese shipping address. Not very practical for most of us!

That is about to change. Head to the link above and find out

For those who didn't know about WINDy, think of it as Lian Li, but designed and made in Japan, with a price to match.

Xtreme Addict
    WOOT!!! Just need Abee to follow!

Xtreme Mentor
    Om about to jizz
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Addict

Xtreme Mentor
    meh. its worth a post in the news section.. WINDy is easily the best case manufacturer out there.
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    meh. its worth a post in the news section.. WINDy is easily the best case manufacturer out there.
    They have to share the crown with Abee!

Xtreme Mentor
    just a quick notice..

their most expensive case is 53256 yen INC their tax.(Dunno how much that is, but that comes around £356 ..)

obv will be higher in UK and a bit cheaper then that in US as UK hates japan import's lol and taxes them silly prices.. but maybe if they ship FROM japan it will be ok.
    //James

Xtreme X.I.P.
    god what an annoying site, all i want is to see some pics of the case and its features, instead it tells me about the philosophy of the case and the company and loads super stylish designed pages... gah! :P

cant find any pics about it on google...
    so whats so special about the case?

Xtreme Member
    Oh wait they have Trinidad as a retail location!!!

This is a first, finally we'll not have to drop ship stuff from amazon or newegg YAY!!!!!!!!

Actually only dell and HP have retail dealers here, just about everything else is from newegg or amazon
    q9450
    Asus P5W64-ws Pro
    ocz platinum DDR2-800
    Ati HD 4850

x1800xt
    E6600 @ 2.8 24/7
    asus p5k

HP 6220 Laptop 1gig ram 1.8M
    Dell from hell Optiplex 5150 920D

Xtreme Member
    fantastic news.. been trying to find a somewhat reasonable way to get my had on one of these cases for years
    Gaming Setup
    Intel X3440
    Gigabyte H55n USB3
    2x4gb Mushkin 996999
    EVGA GTX 580
    Silverstone Sugo SG-05
    Corsair H60 w/ Push/Pull AP15s
    Seasonic SS-560KM 560w

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    god what an annoying site, all i want is to see some pics of the case and its features, instead it tells me about the philosophy of the case and the company and loads super stylish designed pages... gah! :P

there just like better then li li and silverstone quality, paintjobs are epic, they do inside and outside contrasting colours etc.. just great cases they have some huuuge ones too
    //James

Administrator

Yeah I was just going to ask the same thing.

I am not getting what the deal is with this case. I mean it looks nice and all, I tend to be a Silverstone person with TJ07's.

If its a high priced case then there should be more going on with it than is shown, or is it simply an import case thats hard to get that makes it a big deal ?

Thanks James, just saw your post

Xtreme Member
    just a quick notice..

their most expensive case is 53256 yen INC their tax.(Dunno how much that is, but that comes around £356 ..)

obv will be higher in UK and a bit cheaper then that in US as UK hates japan import's lol and taxes them silly prices.. but maybe if they ship FROM japan it will be ok.
    Their cases can fetch a fair bit higher than fifty odd thousand yen, some even flirting with the 1000$ figure depending on the color and accessory options. For example:

Highest grade (laser cut + thicker alu) current model Altium:
    http://windy-online.com/case/altium_...b2/lineup.html

The three most expensive color choices are 860$! Factor in a matching color full option set and thats another 280$ down the drain. 280$ just for some fan holders, case feet and drive bezels...

Another one: Alcadia FX2000R - 965$ for the case alone.

Of course these are the top line models and they do have more "reasonably" priced ones too (if one could consider price equivalent of a high end Lian Li for functionality of a baseline one reasonable). But then there is the shipping costs and customs and you are easily looking at an additional 300$, depending on where you live. The savings of shipping directly from WiNDy over having to go through a deputy service is almost negligible here. It's still going to cost an arm and a leg to get hold of one.

Some more useful links:
    Home Page
    Current Lineup
    Older Models (correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can still buy the ones that have their prices listed)
    Elpibe10's site

Xtreme Addict
    965$ for the case alone.
    I'll pass :-)

Belgium's #1 Hardware Review Site and OC-Team!

I am Xtreme
    They look nice, but I just can't justify spending 2x-3x more just for the case quality.
    Besides, I think I like the looks of some other cases more.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by sholvaco View Post

Highest grade (laser cut + thicker alu) current model Altium:
    http://windy-online.com/case/altium_...b2/lineup.html
    Anyone have any more pics of this one in red? It is kind of hard for me to navigate a Japanese website

Xtreme X.I.P.
    there just like better then li li and silverstone quality, paintjobs are epic, they do inside and outside contrasting colours etc.. just great cases they have some huuuge ones too
    yeah but if they are all about awesome cases then... its really weird that they dont have a propper gallery for their cases where you can actually see them from all sides and angles?

if i was to spend 1000$ on a case id want to see some nice high res pics of it first to be sure its actually what i want...

Xtreme Mentor
    yeah but if they are all about awesome cases then... its really weird that they dont have a propper gallery for their cases where you can actually see them from all sides and angles?

if i was to spend 1000$ on a case id want to see some nice high res pics of it first to be sure its actually what i want...
    I agree..

their site is so hard to navigate... maybe not for japanese people tho.. as most sites seem like that awkward clutered style :/ (when looking for manga spoilers for example a lot of website from japan seemed to be like that..

however the wordlwide site is new guess they wont put product pics up yet till they able to ship them in march!

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showth...28#post1730128 much better pics in this threas
    Last edited by Jamesrt2004; 01-22-2010 at 11:10 AM.
    //James

Xtreme Enthusiast
    From the links I have clicked I dont see much greatness. If they outsides were beige, you could tell me they were old pentium 286 era boxes and I would have believed you. What is so great about them again? Do they have nice features or something?
    Aaron___________________________Wife________________________ HTPC
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    MSI 48901gb 950/999______________Tt Toughpower 600w___________ Saphire 4830
    Corsair HX620____________________ inwin allure case___________ ___ Coolmax 480w
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS
    ________________ ________________________________ nMediaPC 1000B case

Xtreme Addict
    So, this is the Apple of cases?
    Are we there yet?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Power5 View Post
    From the links I have clicked I dont see much greatness. If they outsides were beige, you could tell me they were old pentium 286 era boxes and I would have believed you. What is so great about them again? Do they have nice features or something?
    Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing untill I saw this on tpu:

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post

one may be wondering why does this case have 2 side panels

here is the breakdown

air gets pulled from the side of case

air gets chilled by the aluminum side panels

front fans sucks chilled air into case

warm air is channeled through the back and downwards

That's a nice feature alright!
    Last edited by Katanai; 01-22-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Administrator
    interesting design

air gets chilled by passing though the side panels like that ?
    is there any numbers on how much/if any it gets chilled ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    interesting design

air gets chilled by passing though the side panels like that ?
    is there any numbers on how much/if any it gets chilled ?
    I don't know, I'm expecting a proper review of this case though when they open the international store. We'll see numbers then.

I am Xtreme
    Well, to be honest, 1000$ case... Doesn't matter how well it cools, you can get Corsair Obsidian for ~250$ and you'll have 750$ left for watercooling (that's like what, 2 loops?) which will yield MUCH better temps.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Administrator
    Or a really nice CPU, GPUs etc

That is a nice case but way to pricey.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast