Thread: Thanks - CES 2010

Thanks - CES 2010

Another CES event that rocked and I hope everyone enjoyed what was brought together by the sponsors Intel, AMD, MSI, Gigabyte, Corsair, Kingston, EVGA. OCZ, Thermaltake, Kingpincooling, Futuremark, and Swiftech.

Pole Position Raceway was a really good choice and I would recommend it to others, everything went perfect I doubt it could have gone any better.

AMD brought in Chew and Sampsa for the Phenom overclocking that went good on the setup and running for the entire duration of the show. There was a huge projection display to be setup but parts were missing. Thanks Brent and Aaron for filling in everywhere you could to get things going smoothly.

Mike from Intel brought a tray of wet your pants for us to pick through, a wide variety of batch numbers to test on LN2. The rest is under NDA, sorry guys

Robert from Corsair wore out the track while Jake offer his pour hand and helped the Intel team score a world record in short order. Corsair had GTX memory and 32GB drives for give away, Gabe and K|ngp|n were two of the lucky ones to get those.

Angela, Sherry and Eric from Gigabyte had a few demo's setup, I would love to have seen Angela mixing it up racing.

Ryan aka The GoatEater benched for MSI during the event, he was given a golden chip to run with, Deanzo, Mike and I plugged away at some benches on that machine during the night, everything went good without failure.

Mark from Kingston had a demo setup as well as got busy racing, Bulgarian dinner was good.

Ramsom from Thermaltake hung out most of the night and pretty sure he raced a few times, he brought 1200w PSU's for the benchers.

EVGA brought in Peter aka Shamino this year to push the Classified board for a world record, backed by K|ngp|n, Gautam, Mikeguava, and Cpt. Planet pushed for the two GPU world record using i5 670 @ 6.5Ghz and ATI' GPU's in Crossfire.

OCZ had nice stuff for the benchers and for give away, the guys got SSD drives and DDR3 memory to take home. Memory for the prize winners as well.

Gabe from Swiftech had a silent rig setup with the new water block and a few blocks for prizes to the race winners.

Vince made it this year bringing his newest pot design to help deliver a win for the blue team this year.

Thanks to all the sponsors for coming together and making this event possible, If I keep planning bigger we might be in space in a few years.

Movieman made it back this year, if you didnt have a chance to chat with him at the event he would still love to hear from you so give him a call when you get a chance.

Samspa and Chew made it in for the benching on AMD, reaching 6.5Ggz to run 3D benches. The quad gpu's on LN2 looked nice

ScottLv made it out again this year, a legend here at XS for his contributions to the DC team as a long time leader.

I was happy to see Asus and Nvidia dropping in and representing. Thanks, Eric, Charles, David, Brian and Sean. Charles aka zads won the Asus competition to attend CES, he was the fastest manufacture and second fastest of the night.

XtremeSystems set track record, great driving Corey. He won an AMD mobo by MSI, OCZ ram,and Corsair HX650w.

Asus Charles won for the manufactures, he took home an AMD mobo by MSI, Corsair PSU, and Swiftech water block. Charles was also second fastest of the night.

Most laps by Robert from Corsair.

Most lapped, Gautam was lapped dozens of times.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Looks like you guys had a blast, congrats to all who made it there and thx to the sponsors.
    I hope that one day, I'll be able to visit CES (maybe next year???)

Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post

Movieman made it back this year, if you didnt have a chance to chat with him at the event he would still love to hear from you so give him a call when you get a chance.
    Are you sure you wanna advise people to call Dave? Think again.
    Rig #1
    Gigabyte P67A-UD4 trying to figure out this POS board
    2600k @ ?????
    2x2Gb GSkill RipJaws-X 1333 (7-7-7-21)
    ATI 5850
    Coba Nitrox 750W
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, Watercool GPU-X³ 5870 Nickel, PA120.3, Laing Ultra with XSPC top

Rig #2
    DFI UT P35-T2R (0317 bios)
    E8200 @ 4000 (1.216V) / 4100 (1.248V) / 4200 (1.296V) / 4300 (1.344V)
    2x2Gb Chaintech Apogee GT PC2-8500
    Powercolor 4870
    Corsair 520HX
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, EK-FC4870, Feser tripple, Laing Ultra pump

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I've got Supermicro boards that lasted longer than one of my marriages!

Xtreme Mentor
    I am glad the XS Crew had a good time, and was there to represent for the board.

Keep up the fine job...
    Asus Maximus SE X38 / Lapped Q6600 G0 @ 3.8GHz (L726B397 stock VID=1.224) / 7 Ultimate x64 /EVGA GTX 295 C=650 S=1512 M=1188 (Graphics)/ EVGA GTX 280 C=756 S=1512 M=1296 (PhysX)/ G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) / Gateway FPD2485W (1920 x 1200 res) / Toughpower 1,000-Watt modular PSU / SilverStone TJ-09 BW / (2) 150 GB Raptor's RAID-0 / (1) Western Digital Caviar 750 GB / LG GGC-H20L (CD, DVD, HD-DVD, and BlueRay Drive) / WaterKegIII Xtreme / D-TEK FuZion CPU, EVGA Hydro Copper 16 GPU, and EK NB S-MAX Acetal Waterblocks / Enzotech Forged Copper CNB-S1L (South Bridge heat sink)

Admin
    Well done Charlie, Pole Position was a perfect venue choice.

And come on, I wasn't THAT bad in the racing...

Xtreme Member
    The event turned out great from the racing to the LN2 benching. Thanks for the great time!
    Core i7 920 @
    MSI X58 Eclipse SLI
    6GB Mushkin Blackline
    GTX295

Tyler Durden
    Awesome time, thanks again Charles.

But you forgot to mention "EnJoY finally hot his 3DFX mug after waiting a year..."
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Thanks Charles, XS, and all the sponsors. Was great seeing all the guys again. Had alot of fun playing with LN2 again its been a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Xtreme Member
    Thanks Charles, XS, the Sponsors, and everyone who attended. It was a great event and Pole Position raceway was great. I got to hang out with old friends and at the same time meet some new ones.

Chris

Xtreme Addict
    Damnit, i didnt get to meet everyone...

But once again, thanks for a great event charles.
    I am magical.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EnJoY View Post

But you forgot to mention "EnJoY finally hot his 3DFX mug after waiting a year..."
    o man this is a must see, you got pics?
    Intel Pentium G3258 | ASRock Z97M OC Formula | Samsung 2x4GB DDR3-1600 | Galaxy GTX660 GC | Samsung PM840 Pro 128GB, PM830 250GB FDE |

"I Love To Camp!"
    "Comensing Shock Therapy!"

HeatWare

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilsizer View Post
    o man this is a must see, you got pics?
    You should have seen him cry for me not to smash it.

Administrator
    Be prepared with a full charge on your cell phone if you dare do this !!!
    I know this from experiance

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    More like you need the unlimited plan

Thank you Charles!

the pole position party was awesome...I had a blast. Really appreciate the opportunity to see friends and make new ones!!

Matt

Brilliant Idiot
    Thx for the event charles, was great meeting everyone.

Was more than happy the amd/gigabyte rig held up the entire time even with dual 5970's on ln2, painstaking prep was taken in order to do so.

6.5 in 3d was a bonus.

Big thanks to mikeguava for coming through at the last minute with some very necessary heatsinks that slipped my mind.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    The man...can sure talk
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

XSDCMF
    Excellent event, Charles! Pole Position is really an awesome venue. Thanks for giving us a chance to relax and mix. As was said in another thread, maybe time to do some XS nametags next

You keep coming up with great get-togethers. Kudos!
    Crunching to Crush Cancer
    Somebody, Stop Me!

good times charles, Thanks, night was way too short!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    good to hear you guys had fun!
    i hope dave is prepping an ftp with all the pics from everybody
    good job charles, seems like it was one of the best if not the best community organized event so far!
    i really like how you brought all the companies together under one roof, i wish wed see that more often in events and competitions...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    thanks again Fugger!! the party was great!!! time went by way to quick that night!!! and was a pleasure to meet many of you guys!! XS ROCK ON FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!