Thread: Liquid Cooling Kit Question

Xtreme Member

Liquid Cooling Kit Question

Hello, new to the forums. Today I have a question about an older watercooling kit I received from my brother, get alot of free hand me downs from him. The kit is the Asetek Waterchill Triple 120mm Power CPU/VGA/Chipset Water Cooling Kit ( http://www.asetek.com/content/view/129/15/ ). The kits brand new, never opened and I've been wanting to put it to good use. I was wondering if anyone had any expirence with this kit and if its worth installing. Basically I want to know if this older kit is worth the trouble.

I've always used air cooling for my cooling solution so liquid is all new for me. I'd be using the kit to cool my e6750 (currently oc at 3.66 using a freezer 7) on a foxconn blackops (again a hand me down). I'd also hit the chipset, using the waterblock that comes with the motherboard.

My CPU might change to an e8600 in a few weeks. Will switching to water have a big impact on overclockability vs the freezer 7?

Thanks in advance.

System:
    e6750 (oc 3.6) - again my change to an e8600 soon.
    Foxconn Blackops
    Freezer 7 pro
    Sapphire HD 4890 VaporX
    WB 500 gig
    Cooler Master 550 watt
    Antec 900

Xtreme Member
    So I take it no one has any experience with this kit? Understandable since I realize most people here build their own.

O'well I guess I'll stick with what I got, might try to unload the kit on ebay, and save up for something better down the road.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by killerxp100 View Post
    So I take it no one has any experience with this kit? Understandable since I realize most people here build their own.

O'well I guess I'll stick with what I got, might try to unload the kit on ebay, and save up for something better down the road.
    That does not seem like a bad kit actually...I had no idea Asetek ever had anything like that. I thought that they only did the crappy all-in-one solutions, at least for a while now.
    Last edited by dejanh; 01-13-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I have built quite a few Waterchill systems, they were reasonable good performers. But Asetek had BIG problems with their pumps, the electronics just died. I had to replace all Waterchill Xtreme combined pumps/reservoirs because they died. Same with Waterchill Xternal - pumps just died.

Waterchill did also use BlackIce radiators and cheap noisy inneffective fans, hoses are very stiff. And if you don't cut the hoses correct or don't stick the hoses far enough into the couplings - it will leak. A LOT of people had problems understanding when the waterline was far enough pushed into the coupling.
    ~ 5 years ago Waterchill were "good" - if they still make them as they did I wouldn't buy one today. I think a review today would slaughter the kit you linked to killerxp100

Asetek also make the NorthQ 3590 Siberian Tiger II kit and Corsair H50 Hydro Series. I wouldn't get chocked if reports on dead electronics starts emerging on these kits
    Worklog - xtreeme Please comment and give me your input | Testware |

I am Xtreme
    I liked my Asetek kit, though it didn't have that pump. I got mine before that pump came out and got a Hydor L30. . .jeez, that was almost 7 years ago. Worked pretty well on my 2.4Ghz(A) P4 478.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    I modified the cpu block quite a bit in my latest waterchill kit - and used a better radiator and a Eheim 1048. Temps dropped like a stone I remember, after that I turned to other stuff than Waterchill....

Worklog - xtreeme Please comment and give me your input | Testware |

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
    Main did you see my question?
    I'd be most grateful if you could answer it, if you know the answer of course.

Thank-you!
    Did you see my answer? I mean the one besides the explanation of why these systems aren't like to well.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Main View Post
    ...Asetek also make the NorthQ 3590 Siberian Tiger II kit and Corsair H50 Hydro Series. I wouldn't get chocked if reports on dead electronics starts emerging on these kits
    Hi Main,

Do you know for sure that the 3590 is exactly the same as Asetek's LCLC 240mm?
    I'm trying to decide which to pick over the two...
    So long as there's definitely no significant differences, then it'll come down to availability/cost.

Oh & before you ask why I'm even bothering with this sort of WC see here

Thank-you!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Did you see my answer? I mean the one besides the explanation of why these systems aren't like to well.
    No I didn't.