Thread: AMD puts three/four cores into laptops "Danube coming"

Xtreme Mentor

AMD puts three/four cores into laptops "Danube coming"

"Advanced Micro Devices will put triple-core processors into laptops to fill a power and performance gap, the company said.

Laptops today contain either dual-core or quad-core processors, and offering a triple-core CPU could bring laptops that are faster than the dual-core chips but more power efficient than quad-core processors, said Bob Grim, director of client product marketing, at an AMD event during the Consumer Electronics Show. The chips will ship by the end of the first half of this year..."

http://news.techworld.com/mobile-wir...-into-laptops/

So its confirmed Danube is near, i love the 2ghz quad if its laptops are priced well i am thinking about getting one instead of a dual core ultra light laptop that i am getting.
    Coming Soon

YouTube Addict
    But at what wattage is the real question.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    But at what wattage is the real question.
    I think there will be 35W triple core models. Should be a good balance between duals and quads.Faster in encoding and rendering than most duals(50% more cores,Mhz won't help duals much) and more power friendly ,but slower of course,than quads. Games are usually shader bound these days so a low clocked "tripler" should do a trick quite well,especially in games like GTA4 and the likes,where more cores are utilized(provided there is a semi-capable gfx card inside the laptop of course).

I am Xtreme
    i think the best part is that nothing will feel slow. sure some things might like the more mhz a duel can have, and others might like the quads extra core, but with a tricore everything should feel good, nothing bad, nothing great, just all gooooooood

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    .. but with a tricore everything should feel good, nothing bad, nothing great, just all gooooooood
    are you sure youre still talking about a tri-core and not a three-some?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by wuttz View Post
    are you sure youre still talking about a tri-core and not a three-some?
    If so, what are some people really talking about when they mention hexa-cores and the like?
    Main Rig: Phenom II X6 1055T 95W @3562 (285x12.5) MHz, Corsair XMS2 DDR2 (2x2GB), Gigabyte HD7970 OC (1000 MHz) 3GB, ASUS M3A78-EM,
    Corsair F60 60 GB SSD + various HDDs, Corsair HX650 (3.3V/20A, 5V/20A, 12V/54A), Antec P180 Mini

Notebook: HP ProBook 6465b w/ A6-3410MX and 8GB DDR3 1600