Thread: Strange voltage readings on 5850.

Strange voltage readings on 5850.

Hi.
    I have Asus 5850 with 2 screens on it. I have just noticed (in gpu-z) that my VDDC jumps from stock 1.087 to 1.65 every few second.
    In games I get constant 1.65 reading despite setted 1.25 in MSI Afterburner and temps can reach as high as 120 on VDDC with 60% fan.

Xtreme Cruncher
    It's a bug with MSI afterburner. Uninstall it and run the card at stock and see if you still have the problem. You can try reinstalling MSI afterburner once you've sorted out the problem. Make sure you pick the latest version.

Thanks for fast reply.
    Still jumping without Afterburner
    Is there is something wrong with my card?

Edit\
    Did run furmark on stock and it went crash after few seconds with 1.65 so it had to be that high.

After reboot and working with desktop, playing a game and one more furmark run, has not jump on voltage yet.
    Last edited by zrasuh+jam; 02-09-2010 at 03:51 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah, the reboot could have fixed it. That makes sure nothing of the previously installed afterburner is still running or whatever. Still very strange. I wouldn't worry if it's stable and the problem doesn't come back, though

Xtreme Member
    ^ i agree.. if its not making any problems with your game i wouldn't worry too much... i personally think its a bug.
    has defy the law of sleeping..

Xtreme Member
    Had the same problem and the culprit is GPU-Z!!!

Just make sure you've only one app monitoring the GPU's voltages.

I've Everest Ultimate and MSI Afterburner running simultaneously without problem. The latter only used for tuning fan speed profile.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Musho View Post
    Yeah, the reboot could have fixed it. That makes sure nothing of the previously installed afterburner is still running or whatever. Still very strange. I wouldn't worry if it's stable and the problem doesn't come back, though
    Looks like, but in this case it was a second reboot, couse i rebooted after had it uninstalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Philwong View Post
    Had the same problem and the culprit is GPU-Z!!!

Just make sure you've only one app monitoring the GPU's voltages.

I've Everest Ultimate and MSI Afterburner running simultaneously without problem. The latter only used for tuning fan speed profile.

Phil
    I see. I have Everest Ultimate too, so it makes sense now. Had no issues before when gpu-z wasn`t running.
    Great. I can install MSI Afterburner back.

Thanks.