Thread: 'EK' Pumps questions

Xtreme Member

'EK' Pumps questions

Hi,

I've currently got a Heatkiller LT, DDC18w with XSPC Reservoir top and Thermochill PA120.3.

Now, I am going to swap the radiator to an EK 360mm, as it's black and uses standard fittings. I was wondering, would the EK 4.0 pump be as good as the DDC 18w, bearing in mine that it's only ever going to be a single block loop.

DDC 18w
    600L/h
    4.7m head

EK-DCP 4.0
    800L/h
    4.0m head

That's 200l/h more, but 0.7m less head. Now, as it's a single loop and fairly low restriction, the EK would be fine wouldn't it, whereas if I had multiple blocks the extra head would be more useful than the flow?

I think I'd be better off with the EK, but I just want to make sure.

Peter

Xtreme Addict
    You can't go based off of those numbers. Those are based on conditions you won't be matching.

Th EK pump is roughly the same as the DDC 3.2 w/o top.

Xtreme Addict
    I think it will be very much the same.
    Almost unmeasurable difference with normal equipment.
    But please update us with the actual results.
    It would be interesting to see...
    Quote Originally Posted by creidiki
    EKs are like waterblock pr0n

Xtreme Member
    Well since this topic is labeled "'EK' Pumps questions" Ill take advantage and not start a new thread :P

Ive just ordered an EK-DCP 4.0 (12V DC Pump) for a complete overhaul of my current liquid cooling system. Ill be going single loop, with 2 x triple rads, and 2 blocks, 1 for CPU, 1 for VGA.

So my question is... how quiet is the EK-DCP 4.0 (12V DC Pump). I was just looking at the EK website when I saw one of the specs "Noise: 24.5 dB"

That sounds pretty loud... or have I got my dB's crossed :P

Quote Originally Posted by supa-fly View Post
    Well since this topic is labeled "'EK' Pumps questions" Ill take advantage and not start a new thread :P

Ive just ordered an EK-DCP 4.0 (12V DC Pump) for a complete overhaul of my current liquid cooling system. Ill be going single loop, with 2 x triple rads, and 2 blocks, 1 for CPU, 1 for VGA.

So my question is... how quiet is the EK-DCP 4.0 (12V DC Pump). I was just looking at the EK website when I saw one of the specs "Noise: 24.5 dB"

That sounds pretty loud... or have I got my dB's crossed :P
    It sounds equal to my DDC-1, almost silent. But you have to place in on foam or suspend it.
    [E7200]:[ASUS P5Q Deluxe]:[G.Skill F2-8000CL5D 4GBPQ]:[ASUS 5870]:[CoolerMaster 840]:[Corsair HX750]