View Poll Results: Pick the brand of TV currently owned by you.

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sony

18 12.41%
  • Samsung

49 33.79%
  • Sharp

5 3.45%
  • Panasonic

22 15.17%
  • LG

7 4.83%
  • Toshiba

7 4.83%
  • Philips

10 6.90%
  • Mitsubishi

6 4.14%
  • Pioneer

8 5.52%
  • Other

13 8.97%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What brand TV do you own ?

Xtreme Member
    Got a 7 year old Loewe Aconda, just like this one:

I hardly watch TV so i dont think it will break down soon enough to buy me a new one

» Xeon X3360 @ 3.7 ~ 1.304 VCore
    » TRUE Black ~ Dual GT AP-14
    » Rampage Formula (Bios 902)
    » Corsair Dominator 8500C5D 2x2GB
    » X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro
    » Asus HD5850
    » 80GB X25-M G2 ~ 40GB X25-V ~ 2x WD10EADS (RAID 1)
    » Seasonic X-750
    » Lian Li PC-A05N

I know I'm in the minority here, but I have a Mitsubishi WD-65835 65" DLP.

Near the quality and performance of a high end plasma, but thousands of $ less. Just couldn't pass it up for $1590 last August.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Mentor
    After raving about how much I loved my Samsung LN52A550, I started having problems with it a few days ago....

Turning it on resulted in a bunch of clicking (8-10 times) before the set would lite.
    It has gotten progressively worse and now the set won't turn on at all (just clicks until I pull the plug)...

After doing an internet search for the problem there seems to be thousands of people experiencing the same problem within the 1st 2 years!!

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_...amsung_tv.html

I didn't buy the extended warranty, but after seeing this I called Samsung, mentioned that website and they offered to send someone out to fix it free of charge
    (as long as it's the Caps/PS) that everyone else is having problems with...

Don't get me wrong.... I still think the set has a beautiful picture, and the fact that they offered to fix it for free (even though it's past the 1yr warranty) is good on their part.
    I just thought I should mention this for anyone who may be considering a Samsung set...

Hopefully they actually fixed the problem, and don't just install another faulty module that will go bad in another 2 years....
    AMD FX-8350 (1237 PGN) | Asus Crosshair V Formula (bios 1703) | G.Skill 2133 CL9 @ 2230 9-11-10 | Sapphire HD 6870 | Samsung 830 128Gb SSD / 2 WD 1Tb Black SATA3 storage | Corsair TX750 PSU
    Watercooled ST 120.3 & TC 120.1 / MCP35X XSPC Top / Apogee HD Block | WIN7 64 Bit HP | Corsair 800D Obsidian Case

First Computer: Commodore Vic 20 (circa 1981).

Xtreme Member
    Pioneer LX 5090 here as my main TV.
    Absolutely stunning picture, have it rigged to a media PC, Pioneer LX 71 BD player and SkyHD, wouldn't go for anything else.
    As well as the clarity, its the colour depth it produces that sets it apart.

What brand TV do you own

Wow nice looking case, but VERY expensive.

Are you looking at really building an HTPC or just a video playback/internet PC?

I would offer that case as the high end option with 2TB HDDs for storage.

If I were to buy another TV today, it would be a 2010 Panasonic Plasma. The pricing is very competitive with LCDs and the performance just can't be beat.

Speaking of that, the only LCDs in my household will be for my computers. They are certainly not going to be allowed to handle television/movies when a DLP/Plasma will outperform them for less $.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Member
    I use LCD TV's in the bedrooms and Kitchen, they run cooler and I don't have to worry about kids running consoles on them for extended periods.
    My media system was in a Moneual 312 case, but I just sold the whole system and have ordered a Moneual 972 instead, my main problem was the lack of TrueHD support with the motherboards 785 chipset onboard video.
    I have 3 x 1TB drives and a 1.5TB drive to go in it, currently will be using a 4850, but plan to change to a 5000 series GPU with TrueHD support built in (1 thing at a time), was using a SSD drive in old system, but want the extra space from another 1TB drive instead.
    I have 200GB of music backed up on it, numerous DVD series, and stacks of BluRay movies, the video playback quality is very good, to the Pioneer, but I want the best sound possible through the surround amp. I normally watch movies first run from BD standalone player and then backup to HDD's for easy access, normally only get original discs out again if I want to show off system or if I want the best sound output.
    Last edited by BigDK; 03-14-2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typo's

I guess I should state as my "main viewing set" I would prefer a Plasma or DLP. I'd use smaller LCDs for secondary rooms though.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDK View Post
    I use LCD TV's in the bedrooms and Kitchen, they run cooler and I don't have to worry about kids running consoles on them for extended periods.
    My media system was in a Moneual 312 case, but I just sold the whole system and have ordered a Moneual 972 instead, my main problem was the lack of TrueHD support with the motherboards 785 chipset onboard video.
    I have 3 x 1TB drives and a 1.5TB drive to go in it, currently will be using a 4850, but plan to change to a 5000 series GPU with TrueHD support built in (1 thing at a time), was using a SSD drive in old system, but want the extra space from another 1TB drive instead.
    I have 200GB of music backed up on it, numerous DVD series, and stacks of BluRay movies, the video playback quality is very good, to the Pioneer, but I want the best sound possible through the surround amp. I normally watch movies first run from BD standalone player and then backup to HDD's for easy access, normally only get original discs out again if I want to show off system or if I want the best sound output.
    configure your player to output lcpm, and as long as your reciever supports it, you'll get great audio with your 4850
    DFI P965-S/core 2 quad q6600@3.2ghz/4gb gskill ddr2 @ 800mhz cas 4/xfx gtx 260/ silverstone op650/thermaltake xaser 3 case/razer lachesis

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grimREEFER View Post
    configure your player to output lcpm, and as long as your reciever supports it, you'll get great audio with your 4850
    I've been tinkering, admittedly I have stacks of issues with powerDVD or ATI drivers, latest version seem to be okay, but until I get my new case I can't play about too much, although I could stick the bits in a spare tower case for testing.
    I also thought that most movies don't have true LPCM audio tracks on them, they opt for Dolby or DTS formats instead.

So far the audio I get from the original discs played in my standalone player outing True-HD Master, as always been far better than anything from the media PC.

I can stick with the 4850 for a while, it's not like I'm desperate to spend cash if I can avoid it.

I am Xtreme
    I see most folks have Samsung. I hope their TV's are better than their LCD's. My 24" 2494SW looks worse than my Acer 22" and the Acer isn't 1080P LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUOFm...eature=related

I'll try the setup app again. Note, the Acer is at the Default Standard setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    I see most folks have Samsung. I hope their TV's are better than their LCD's. My 24" 2494SW looks worse than my Acer 22" and the Acer isn't 1080P LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUOFm...eature=related

I'll try the setup app again. Note, the Acer is at the Default Standard setting.
    The newer Samsungs look great. Not Plasma great, but LCD great.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    The newer Samsungs look great. Not Plasma great, but LCD great.
    I re-installed the drivers and set up and the monitor looks better. I've never installed monitor drivers before. Well, I'm satisfied but it still looks no better than the Acer. I ended with a Toshiba and like it but wanted the 50" Plasma
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 1080

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123