Thread: Apogee XT Question

Xtreme Member

Apogee XT Question

I was just looking at my apogee xt tonight which i have used with great success for about a month now and noticed the cuts are uneven and its not consistent on the inside.

Also, horizontal in the center of the block there is a "trench" that looks like it was cut wider than the rest around it (its hard to see in the pic but its very noticeable in real life).

Is this how its supposed to be or is everyone's like this? Seems a little banged up to me.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    They're all like that to some degree. Far from perfect but won't cause any problems. Can't be seen once assembled anyway.

I had the same concern with mine, but it doesn't seem to impact the performance from what I've seen with others running comparable overclocks. Overall I'm very happy with my XT.
    i7 920 4.4Ghz - Asus PT6 Deluxe - 6G Corsair Dominator - EVGA GTX280 720/1180 - WD VelociRaptor 150GB - HT Omega Striker 7.1
    Antec 1200 - Apogee XT - MCW60 Rev.2 - MCR 320 Res - MCP 355 Pump

I am Xtreme
    We've seen far worse than that mate, close her up and (ab)use the block...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for taking a look. I was just unsure of what was considered "bad" as this is my first CPU block.

Xtreme Addict
    That`s ok mate

Intel Q9650 @500x9MHz/1,3V
    Asus Maximus II Formula @Performance Level=7
    OCZ OCZ2B1200LV4GK 4x2GB @1200MHz/5-5-5-15/1,8V
    OCZ SSD Vertex 3 120Gb
    Seagate RAID0 2x ST1000DM003
    XFX HD7970 3GB @1111MHz
    Thermaltake Xaser VI BWS
    Seasonic Platinum SS-1000XP
    M-Audio Audiophile 192
    LG W2486L
    Liquid Cooling System :
    ThermoChill PA120.3 + Coolgate 4x120
    Swiftech Apogee XT, Swiftech MCW-NBMAX Northbridge
    Watercool HeatKiller GPU-X3 79X0 Ni-Bl + HeatKiller GPU Backplate 79X0
    Laing 12V DDC-1Plus with XSPC Laing DDC Reservoir Top
    3x Scythe S-FLEX "F", 4x Scythe Gentle Typhoon "15", Scythe Kaze Master Ace 5,25''

Apple MacBook Pro 17` Early 2011:
    CPU: Sandy Bridge Intel Core i7 2720QM
    RAM: Crucial 2x4GB DDR3 1333
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD
    HDD: ADATA Nobility NH13 1GB White

Xtreme Member
    Thats the only reason because i didn't order this block. The finish looking is not so great. Not only the internals that, let be honest, if they a bit ugly, who cares if it works ok :p

On the top of the block you can see the cnc tools. Would love to see a more bling finish on this product really.

Banned
    mine looks alot worse than that. but I dont think it's a big deal.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward88 View Post
    Thats the only reason because i didn't order this block. The finish looking is not so great. Not only the internals that, let be honest, if they a bit ugly, who cares if it works ok :p

On the top of the block you can see the cnc tools. Would love to see a more bling finish on this product really.
    As long as it performs to spec, who cares how the internals or the base looks. You can't see them.

Now if you don't like the way the top of the block looks, then that is understandable.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    As long as it performs to spec, who cares how the internals or the base looks. You can't see them.

Now if you don't like the way the top of the block looks, then that is understandable.
    Thats what i said

I dont care if internals are a mess . . . internals are for performance, if it perform let them be a mess.

Top is for bling, the top of the xt and my ex gtz se, was kind of a mess. You can see the cnc tool everywhere.
    Last edited by Edward88; 12-29-2009 at 06:35 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward88 View Post
    Thats what i said
    ahh, must have been lost in translation. The way i read it, you didn't buy it due to look of internals.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    ahh, must have been lost in translation. The way i read it, you didn't buy it due to look of internals.
    I dont look at them, really don't care if they are perfect or they are a mess. Of internals i only want performance.

XT have that.

XT don't have a good quality finish to me, and thats kind of a problem when you want everything to be shine. So you spent lots in shiny blocks for the mother, vgas, pums and the cpu block finish don't have a chance. Thats a big - to me.

I would pay a bit extra for the bling finish and the XT worth it