Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Thermalright Venomous-X in stock now...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bentleya View Post
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/coo...ooler-review/1

Not at the top of the charts in this review. Somethings not right, Either the other sites are altering the results or bit-tech is making it look worse then it is.
    That review looks like epic fail. Using a single low speed fan as a basis for comparison.. You really need to use at least 3 different fans to simulate low/med/high speeds imo.

Xtreme Addict
    Well I for one am very happy with my new Venomous-X that arrived last week to finish off my new i7 build. I'm currently running my i7 860 @ 3.8ghz with 8 threads and it idles in the low to mid 30's and hits a peak of about 55'c under full load while using a 1700rpm panaflo L1A 120mm fan. I'm considering upgrading to a slightly faster CPU fan to see how much of a difference it makes.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Member
    55C under full load is really low! What's your ambient? Cali temps? If so, nice!

Also, push that puppy harder. With those temps you have a ton of room to go past 4GHz, if the CPU is willing... entice it with some more vcore

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMarkelson View Post
    55C under full load is really low! What's your ambient? Cali temps? If so, nice!

Also, push that puppy harder. With those temps you have a ton of room to go past 4GHz, if the CPU is willing... entice it with some more vcore
    The venom is surely capable of that, imagine 71C to be the max temp. on Prime 95 with 8 threads @ 1.488V @ 4.4Ghz with a single Delta 120CFM fan.
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard

Xtreme Member
    Everytime I put a ZM-F3 in the pull configuration on my Venomous X, it makes a loud hum/buzz noise. At first I thought my ZM-F3 was faulty but that's not the case as it works fine as a push fan. I even tried another ZM-F3 in pull and the same problem occurred. It happens when on both sides, and I have the anti-vibration strips installed too.

I also tried putting a layer of velcro on the 4 corners of the fan and then installing it... still gives the noise despite the extra room! It's extremely odd.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've successfully used an Thermalright X-Silent fan in pull position without any problems so it's possibly just a ZM-F3 problem.

Xtreme Member
    Some fans might develop a defect over time depending on the position you're using them. There are many reports about fans failing after a few months when used horizontally.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567