Thread: Lets find a way to rollback the P7P55D bios...

Exclamation Lets find a way to rollback the P7P55D bios...

Hey Gents...

I am pretty sure there is more than a few of us that want to be able to rollback (downgrade) our bios to a previous version on our P55 Asus Mobo's.
    The problem is though that Asus in their infinite wisdom has made this impossible...or so it seems.

BUPDATER.exe is the DOS utility used for flashing the AMI bios but it cant be used to downgrade to an earlier version. Same goes for EZFlash and CrashFree.
    I've also gone so far as to try the engineering version of AFUDOS (worked for the Asus P45 mobo's - P5Q etc).

What to do now? Any ideas guys?

Xtreme Member
    Have you tried:

afudos /i{romname.rom} / P B N C
    DFI UT X58-T3eH8 bios 09/08/10 | i7 920 3931A324 w/ NH-D14 | 3x2gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2000mhz | Crossfire Sapphire 5870s | 2 x Samsung HD103SJ in RAID 0 | HT Omega Striker | Corsair TX850W

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Give Asus Update v61002 a try [ and make sure you tick the "BIOS downgradable" option in the options ]
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

tx for the advice gents but....

Afudos doesn't even recognize the bios. BUPDATER.exe is the new Afudos...for P7P55D
    Unfortunately that Asus Update version does not work on Windows7 64bit.

Last edited by KiwiBoer; 12-22-2009 at 01:57 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiBoer View Post
    tx for the advice gents but....

Afudos doesn't even recognize the bios. BUPDATER.exe is the new Afudos...for P7P55D
    Unfortunately that Asus Update version does not work on Windows7 64bit.

Then run the program in Windows Xp

Xtreme Member
    I think bupdater it self does the check, simple patching of bupdater should be possible, however you need someone with assembler skills

Xtreme Enthusiast
    1.Create a bootable system USB pen drive./or floppy disk(if somehow do you have still keept it...)
    2.Download an updated ASRock BIOS file (WinZip format with .zip file extension) from the web site, unzip the BIOS file and save all files to the drive you created in step 1.
    3/Boot from the disk you created in step 2.
    At the "A:\" prompt, type BIOSfile.exe, then press <Enter>. For example: A:\P55DX_1.60.exe <Enter> then you will see a message "Please wait for BIOS loading ROM".
    4.After 30 seconds, you will see the message "Program ended normally", then you have finished upgrading the BIOS.
    5.After finishing upgrading the BIOS, restart your system and press <F2> to enter the BIOS setup utility during boot up
    This works on Asrock i hope it works on Asus too..
    This stupid thing on Asus bords is from P45 era , i had a P5Q PRO it had same issue altough i didn't really have the need to use an older bios but i've tryed once...
    Last edited by xdan; 12-22-2009 at 08:42 AM.
    i5 2500K@ 4.5Ghz
    Asrock P67 PRO3

P55 PRO & i5 750
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=966385
    239 BCKL validation on cold air
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=966536
    Almost 5hgz , air.

Dave's Mentor!
    just rename the bios you want and copy paste into usb stick

maximus IV extreme gtx580
    gigabut p67-ud7
    p67 sabertooth
    2500k+2600k
    antec 1200watt
    EVGA classified 760
    920 Batch# 3849B018 4.985ghz@1.52v gtx285 ftw sli
    OCZ3RPR1866LV6GK hypers
    dfi ut p35 rampage extreme
    gigabut p35c-ds3r bios suks
    gigabut x38-d6q dead thank god
    ballistix 8500 1240mhz@2.02v

It's been 4 months, anyone find a way to downgrade the P7P55D bios?

I recently updated my boards (P7P55D Premium) bios to the latest version, v1410, and now the Sleep feature doesn't work properly among other problems (Huge drop in 3DMark graphics tests).

This may be a stupid idea but BIOS files can be edited right? So would it be possible to edit an old BIOS file so that it shows up as v1411 or something that tricks the mobo into thinking that it's being updated with a newer BIOS file? Or is there more to it then this.

Thanks in advance

Xtreme Member
    I have 0711 on my board, you guys suggest to not update then, or if I update whats a reccomended version?

I want to update because at the moment when I turn it on, it turns itself off then back on again.

Since my last post, I had emailed Asus support and they sent me a beta BIOS (took two weeks) which solved my problem.

I currently have version 1610 installed and haven't had any problems yet.

Since it's pretty much impossible to downgrade the BIOS on this board, don't install the latest BIOS version as soon as it's released, rather wait a while and be 1-2 BIOS updates behind. That way if you update to a new BIOS that's wonky, you can still save yourself by flashing the board to a newer BIOS (i.e. I've currently got 1610 on my board, I'll only update to 1702 when a new version is released (let's say 1800), that way if 1702 starts acting up I could easily update to version 1800 to try and solve the problem)

Try flashing your board to 1207 (IMO the best BIOS, 1307 had a tiny bit extra OC features though) then go up from there if you're experiencing any problems.