View Poll Results: Corsair Power Supply or Silverstone Power Supply?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corsair 850 (remember it's getting sleeved)

32 66.67%
  • Silvetstone 850 (remember it's getting sleeved)

16 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Gause Preview

Xtreme Member
    Personally, I'd stay away from the SilverStone one just because it isn't a single rail design. Single rail designs are sexy (From an electronic engineering standpoint any ways).

Also, I think the Corsair one gives better expandability due to the way the cables are configured. The corsair is also quite a bit more efficient. And the Corsair can handle 1000W! http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/741/8

Xtreme Member
    Hmm overwhelming support for the Corsair 850, yet not one of you have given me any pictures of how you cable sleeved the Modular Cables off the Corsair 850. I know just by looking at the Silverstone that I can just put the Power Supply in the box and spend a day or two sleeving the cables I need, and it should turn out nice without much effort.
    Famous Quote from a Random Friend,"You can't spell Success without Excess."

0.o wait... you are using Liquid Awesome? I told you to not melt down Michael Bay!

Xtreme Member
    It's me again, well on the 31st of December 2009. ^.^ 2 hours before the New Year. I ordered the following things for Project Gause.

1x Lian Li PC-A70F-B Aluminum Full Tower Computer PC Case

1x Corsair CMPSU-850HX

2x Koolance Coolant Fill Port / Drain Valve

1x RadGrillz™ Stripes 3x120 Stainless Steel

1x 3M Scotch 4010 Industrial Strength Double Sided Mounting Tape

1x A.C. Ryan AcrylPanel™ 3mm - 480x480mm Clear

10x Channel Molding - Large

I watched a video on MNPCTECH's website about window kits and using the 4010 double sided tape so I figured I would give it a try and save like $50 over buying a Lian Li window Kit.

I will make a worklog when I actually have all the items ordered and on hand, so I figured I'd keep ya up to date in this thread.
    Famous Quote from a Random Friend,"You can't spell Success without Excess."

0.o wait... you are using Liquid Awesome? I told you to not melt down Michael Bay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12