Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiftech unveils MCR Drive Heat Exchangers

Xtreme Addict
    Fo any WC newbies, this RAD is awesome. You just need a Block, 2 hose ... and here you go !
    BTTB - Gigabyte Z87X-OC - WCed I7 4770k - 2x8gb Ballistix 1600mhz - Zotac GTX 780
    Asus Xonar Pheobus - OS -> Toshiba Q 256gb - Games -> 2x Agility 4 256gb Raid0
    Corsair HX850 - Tecnofront HWD BenchTable - Asus VE278Q 5760x1080

Serveur - Asus Z77m PRO - 2500K - NH-C12P - 4x4gb G.Skill Ares 1600mhz
    Agility 4 128gb - Corsair CX430M - 1TB Black - 2TB green - 2TB Red

KatPat - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 - FX-8320 - PH-TC14CS - 2x4gb Viper 1600mhz - GTS 450
    Samsung Evo 120gb - Corsair HX750 - Bitfenix Survivor White - Asus VE247H

Xtreme Member
    I agree that this will be great as part of a kit, very simple to install. As for those of use that need to have radiators orientated in all kinds of interesting ways, it may not be of much use but it's nice to have such products on the market never the less.

I have a friend who has just splurged on his first serious PC and wanted to water cool it from the get go after seeing mine even though I was trying to convince him not to do it straight away as water cooling can be dangerous to newcomers. He ended up buying one of the H20-220 Apex Ultima kits as it was on sale and cheaper than buying the same parts separately (I was at least able to steer him away from thermaltake and the H50). For those types of buyers like my friend who are new to water cooling and frankly, probably won't last that long in the hobby (they just do it for the hell of it), this new rad/pump/res combo mated with an XT would be fantastic to replace the H20-220 kit. Far less error to be made imo, less barbs to worry about leaking...
    ~ Core i7 920 @ 4.00 ~ Gigabyte EX58-Extreme ~ Patriot Viper Series DDR3 6GB 1600 ~ Gigabyte GTX 260 SLi ~ Swiftech Apogee XT ~

Xtreme Addict
    Just based off of cost alone I don't think that this setup really is very practical for those of us who already watercool (think 3 MCR320s for one triple MCR drive), but for the watercooling newcomer who is looking for something easy and quick this is the best idea to come out in a long time. It would really take the complexity out of putting in a watercooling setup for a CPU.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow, awesome idea.
    Gabe, could you please give us the measurements of the whole thing? I checked on your .pdf but couldn't find'em...

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by nipper575 View Post
    I agree that this will be great as part of a kit, very simple to install. As for those of use that need to have radiators orientated in all kinds of interesting ways, it may not be of much use but it's nice to have such products on the market never the less.
    I tend to disagree. Extreme users like XS members will find dozens of applications for this, in basically any orientation they wish. The fact that we do not endorse many orientations reflects our concern for the casual users.

When we say in our installation guide "there is a risk that.bla bla..", it means that under certain circumstances, air could accumulate in the pump and cause it to stall. Extreme/advanced users understand this, and can take the appropriate precautions.

I do see great potential for this among extreme users. It performs very well, and solves plenty of space issues. Imagine two MCR320 Drives in your case for example!
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Addict
    I agree with gabe, but not 100% ... Extrem user want ... Extrem parts ! Not all in one parts
    BTTB - Gigabyte Z87X-OC - WCed I7 4770k - 2x8gb Ballistix 1600mhz - Zotac GTX 780
    Asus Xonar Pheobus - OS -> Toshiba Q 256gb - Games -> 2x Agility 4 256gb Raid0
    Corsair HX850 - Tecnofront HWD BenchTable - Asus VE278Q 5760x1080

Serveur - Asus Z77m PRO - 2500K - NH-C12P - 4x4gb G.Skill Ares 1600mhz
    Agility 4 128gb - Corsair CX430M - 1TB Black - 2TB green - 2TB Red

KatPat - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 - FX-8320 - PH-TC14CS - 2x4gb Viper 1600mhz - GTS 450
    Samsung Evo 120gb - Corsair HX750 - Bitfenix Survivor White - Asus VE247H

Love will tear us apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulard83 View Post
    Fo any WC newbies, this RAD is awesome. You just need a Block, 2 hose ... and here you go !
    Yep. Or even for 'simpler' builds you want to have to work on and maintain less like the wife or gf's rig (Well not in Shazza's case )
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by voigts View Post
    Just based off of cost alone I don't think that this setup really is very practical for those of us who already watercool (think 3 MCR320s for one triple MCR drive), but for the watercooling newcomer who is looking for something easy and quick this is the best idea to come out in a long time. It would really take the complexity out of putting in a watercooling setup for a CPU.
    I believe you are thinking 3 MCR320 on street price sale, versus MCR320 Drive MSRP. This is not factoring in the fact that street prices will be suject to the same competition than all the other products.

I think that once the dust settles, XS users will end up saving money on this setup as opposed to other setups, and gain in simplicity, reliability and ultimately in performance. Think of the flow rate improvements alone compared to all the elbows that some guys have to use to route their tubing..
    CEO Swiftech

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulard83 View Post
    I agree with gabe, but not 100% ... Extrem user want ... Extrem parts ! Not all in one parts
    Yes, I was going to add this to my last comments, but I chose not to, because I do not want to come accross as criticizing what I personnally do not agree with After all, there is room for everything in this world.
    Last edited by gabe; 12-17-2009 at 07:33 PM.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    Well obviously you would have a better idea than me, that previous post is just my assumption/prediction.

Just speaking from my own (limited) experience, I don't think I would find a way to use this myself easily unless mounting it on the back of my tower. Haveing separate water cooling components mounted internally allow you to utilise the space available to you in a more effective way imo. For example, the way my current MCR220 is mounted, to make enough room for the extra height of having a pump and reservoir installed on the same size rad, I would most likely loose another 2 x 5.25" bays which would render my PC useless to me. Not to mention that the MCR320 I have mounted internally on the roof would not physically fit at all if it had a res and pump mounted to it. Sure it looks more cluttered but it actually allows me to physically fit both rads internally as I am able to "split" the components and place them in tight areas.

I think this is a great product and I never meant to sound like I was rubbishing it or anything. Like I said, it's great to have such options available to us.
    ~ Core i7 920 @ 4.00 ~ Gigabyte EX58-Extreme ~ Patriot Viper Series DDR3 6GB 1600 ~ Gigabyte GTX 260 SLi ~ Swiftech Apogee XT ~

Xtreme Member
    i didn't see it in the pdf or website, what is the housing made of? looks like either all brass or brass port and plastic top?
    CPU: Core2Quad q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (highest so far 4.2GHz)
    GPU: XFX 9800GTX @ 850/1230
    Ram: Samsung 4GB (4x1GB) 700MHz PC5300
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32)
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt DxX
    HDD:WD5001AALS, ST3250410AS, ST3500410AS, ST3500320AS - 1.75TB
    DVD: LG H26N,LG GH20LS10 both sata
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500/Razor Barracuda HP-1 / AC-1
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v
    3Dmark06:17,814 AquaMark:190,865

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by nipper575 View Post

I think this is a great product and I never meant to sound like I was rubbishing it or anything. Like I said, it's great to have such options available to us.
    I didn't take it like this at all. Your comments just gave me an opportunity to express more of my opinions on the subject matter. Sorry if the engineer is being superceded by a salesman right now, it's the excitement of the moment.. it'will pass
    Last edited by gabe; 12-17-2009 at 07:50 PM.
    CEO Swiftech

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    i didn't see it in the pdf or website, what is the housing made of? looks like either all brass or brass port and plastic top?
    oops I need to clarify this. Thanks! Yes the pump housing is brass.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    haha, no worries.

Xtreme Member
    Looks like a great idea.
    I7 920 W/ Enzotech Sapphire
    Asus P6T
    4870x2 W/ XSPC Fullcover
    6gb Gskill 1600

Xtreme Addict
    good concept but position wise limited though
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Morello View Post
    Gabe,

I REALLY like your buisness/product/engineering statement. I think this product is great.

Now in my system I've hole sawed out the top of my case for my radiator (yes it's a swiftech)

For this setup, is it possible for you to make an functional reservoir?

If so, I'd buy a tripple radiator setup and mount that B!tch up in my case and get rid of the thermaltake big water cluttering my case up!

It is possible and will work fine with an auxiliary reservoir. But this res would necessarily be below the rad. So there is a serious risk if you move or shake your case, or if the coolant level is so low that air goes into the pump. That's why we can't officially support or recommend it.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Really clever design, the "10-minute setup" photo really nails it. This is pretty much fool-proof watercooling that can be installed as quickly as any HSF. Great out of the box thinking!

Sure many of us are curious about the performance figures. With this design the pump's heat will transfer directly to the radiator, whereas in a separate setup pumps radiate some heat into the air. Then again flow is supposed to improve. At any rate I'm looking forward to the performance comparison between this and a separate DDC + pump.

I'm wondering why the reservoir wasn't extended to the same height as the pump? If that was done, then a horizontal mounting position with a functional reservoir would be possible right?

Xtreme Addict
    What the funk? We need a custom rad top, I mean pump top, I mean rad top for this It would be nice though if you could actually separate it.

Overall, good stuff...but I already have two MCR320s in my case
    Last edited by dejanh; 12-17-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Looks really awesome! Hows the vibration absorbtion?
    Desktop I5-3570k, 8GB Ram, GTX 560, Silverstone TJ08-E, Crucial M4 128GB, 750W Silver Power, ASUS P8Z77-M
    Laptop ThinkPad W520 2720QM /2 x 4 GB ram / Quadro 1000M / Crucial M4 128GB + 500Gb Hdd / FHD Screen / Intel WiFi Link 6300 AGN WLAN / 9 Cell Battery
    Laptop 2 New Macbook Pro Retina / i7 QuadCore / 650 GT / 16GB Ram / 512 GB SSD
    Server: Athlon II X4 640, ASROCK K10N78, 8GB Ram, LSI MegaRaid 8 port, 64GB Vertex 1, 5 x 1 TB WD Raid6, 3 x 3TB Seagate Raid5

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhawk View Post
    I'm wondering why the reservoir wasn't extended to the same height as the pump? If that was done, then a horizontal mounting position with a functional reservoir would be possible right?
    I believe the idea is that you put fans there to span that distance.

Edit: Sorry, just re-read your post. Ya, I thought of that too.

I was hoping for a 140.x update of radiators line but i really like this concept.

Too bad i can't implement it in my ring.

Xtreme Member
    Wow! This is a great Idea. With this i can now build the perfect HTPC.

Very innovative product Gabe!

ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 920 cpu | Corsair Tri Channel 6 GB | GTX 580 FTW Hydro | Corsair P256 SSD| 4 TB OF HDD | Corsair HX1000 PSU
    Loop #1: TFC 480 | KOOLANCE 350 BLOCK | Loop #2: TFC 360 | FTW HYDRO | Swiftech NB Block | MM Pinnacle 24 Case

HEAT

Current on going build, Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I believe you are thinking 3 MCR320 on street price sale, versus MCR320 Drive MSRP. This is not factoring in the fact that street prices will be suject to the same competition than all the other products.

I think that once the dust settles, XS users will end up saving money on this setup as opposed to other setups, and gain in simplicity, reliability and ultimately in performance. Think of the flow rate improvements alone compared to all the elbows that some guys have to use to route their tubing..
    speaking of XS

i or some hardly fit your description...

and restriction most of the kids think restriction. feeding kids koolaide..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast