Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiftech unveils MCR Drive Heat Exchangers

Xtreme Member
    To sum up questions about orientation. The lower the pump is, the better.

Upright = good
    Upside down = bad
    Side with pump at top = bad
    Side with pump at bottom = acceptable (partially functional res)
    Flat with pump hanging down (Barbs pointing up) = acceptable (non-functional res)
    Flat with pump hanging up (Barbs pointing down) = bad
    Last edited by Dude_Person; 12-17-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Xtreme Member
    MCR220-DRIVE-B Dual 120mm heat exchanger (bare, without pump), Black, including 1/2" & 3/8" fittings, and mounting screws $134.95
    MCR220-DRIVE Dual 120mm heat exchanger with integrated pump, Black, including 1/2" & 3/8" fittings, and mounting screws $196.95
    MCR320-DRIVE-B Triple 120mm heat exchanger (bare, without pump), Black, including 1/2" & 3/8" fittings, and mounting screws $147.95
    MCR220-DRIVE Triple 120mm heat exchanger with integrated pump, Black, including 1/2" & 3/8" fittings, and mounting screws $209.95

Review?

Xtreme Member
    Sorry, Double post
    Last edited by Dude_Person; 12-17-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    You know if it came with the bolt on box as well then it will be as easy as 1-2-3. Bolt on the back upright, slap a block on something and run 2 hoses. Fill and bleed...DONE!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Great product gabe! This will make things so simple!

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
    Just to clarify, dose it come with the pump or is that sold separately?
    both

Quote Originally Posted by NJHC View Post
    What's the MSRP for these?
    Part # Description MSRP
    MCR220-DRIVE-B Dual 120mm heat exchanger (bare, without pump), Black, including 1/2" & 3/8" fittings, and mounting screws $134.95

MCR220-DRIVE Dual 120mm heat exchanger with integrated pump, Black, including 1/2" & 3/8" fittings, and mounting screws $196.95

MCR320-DRIVE-B Triple 120mm heat exchanger (bare, without pump), Black, including 1/2" & 3/8" fittings, and mounting screws $147.95

MCR320-DRIVE Triple 120mm heat exchanger with integrated pump, Black, including 1/2" & 3/8" fittings, and mounting screws $209.95

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    dose this use the same weak design as the stock 35x or dose it have the improvements of the aftermarket tops
    Improvements come from:
    - considerably shortened and simplified flow path compared to a traditional 4-device loop (think of all the curves, elbows, tubing going from one device to another, etc..)
    - 1/2 the number of fittings (4 instead of 8 in a CPU loop) - each fitting induces a measurable pressure drop.
    - native ability to run the pump in 1/2" versus 3/8"

Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    You know if it came with the bolt on box as well then it will be as easy as 1-2-3. Bolt on the back upright, slap a block on something and run 2 hoses. Fill and bleed...DONE!!!
    this will be an upcoming kit. Stephen literally took less than 10 minutes to assemble the entire kit shown here:

CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Addict
    It should be VERY easy and quick to bleed.
    ^^^^^All shaken, (from the earthquake) not stirred^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    There's a lot less voodoo in watercooling than is assumed
    The only thing future proof in electronics, is the electricity itself.

Any one who relies on only one source of information is a fool.

Xtreme Member
    Gabe, your website, when clicking on liquid cooling, cant see res section...

Also, your killing me, I just bought some rads, now I need more?!
    Last edited by Sgt.McRuff; 12-17-2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Edit: question answered above^
    Motherboard: GigaByte P67UD4 f6 | CPU: Intel 2500k 4.5ghz 1.26v | Memory: GSkill 2x4gb @ 1600mhz 1.34v | PSU: SeaSonic X650 Gold 650W | Video: AMD 6970 Koolance water block 880c/1450mem 1.035v | HDD: WD 640gb cavier black: VelociRaptor 300gb: Intel x-25 g2 80gb | Sound: Asus xonar D1 | OS: W7 64bit

Xtreme Member
    all i can say is.. please don't let it be out of stock when i get it next week..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    hmmmm, watercooling has tempted for a long time. This product is the one that will tip the balance, finally :-)

And once stock runs out initailly be sure to make more for me, lool
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Xtreme Addict
    Can the radiators be turned on their side so that the pump outlet is facing downward?

Also, are those G1/4 or 3/8 holes for filling the reservoirs?

This looks like a great product, gabe. Swiftech have never let me down before. In fact, I think that most people get into water cooling via one of the swiftech kits. I still remember mine was with the original Apogee GT as well as a D5 and MCRes + MCR220. Great stuff.
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Xtreme Addict
    Mounting horizontally??
    Hmm, I have mounted the QP res rads horizontally.
    Had to tilt the case a little to completly fill it to
    get all of the air out and it works fine, has been
    for over a year.

Not sure about this new set up though.
    Edit; Probably not. With half of the impeller above the
    main water line i forsee it sucking some air.
    Last edited by sirheck; 12-17-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude_Person View Post
    Flat with pump hanging up (Barbs pointing down) = bad
    Thats a problem for a lot of us then! What if we had the case at a slight angle 5mm rasied on the back leaning forwards. It's enough not to notice but enough to allow air to flow up to the bleed surly?

Other idea is we add a barb and some hose with a fill port to the rads own fill port and with the system vertical so bleed is at the higest point we fill till the system has no air at all!

Gabe this fits my bill perfectly due to a complet and utter lack of space and any forward thinkng on my behalf. Just the pump issue all that is holding me back as bottom mount or side aint an option.

How soon till these are in the UK?

Shame it has to be used with 25mm thick fan as a min!

Edit: Oh yeah and is there a plan for a single sized version?
    Last edited by Tetrafluorometh; 12-17-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by CedricFP View Post
    Can the radiators be turned on their side so that the pump outlet is facing downward?

Also, are those G1/4 or 3/8 holes for filling the reservoirs?

This looks like a great product, gabe. Swiftech have never let me down before. In fact, I think that most people get into water cooling via one of the swiftech kits. I still remember mine was with the original Apogee GT as well as a D5 and MCRes + MCR220. Great stuff.
    Please guys, read the link below; it explains everything: horizontal, vertical, upside down, on the side, doggy style (), etc..: http://www.swiftnets.com/PRODUCTS/in...VE-english.pdf ... and make sure to read page 2 all the way to the end (for advanced/extreme users)

once you are done reading, let's discuss further.

there is also an illustration on the site:

Last edited by gabe; 12-17-2009 at 05:54 PM.
    CEO Swiftech

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrafluorometh View Post
    Shame it has to be used with 25mm thick fan as a min!
    Please clarify
    CEO Swiftech

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Please clarify
    http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/imag...nsionsX800.jpg

23mm between the rad to the end of the pump. 20mm Yate Loon would not fit there. So thus being 25mm only

Please guys, read the link below; it explains everything: horizontal, vertical, upside down, on the side, doggy style (), etc..: http://www.swiftnets.com/PRODUCTS/in...VE-english.pdf ... and make sure to read page 2 all the way to the end (for advanced/extreme users)

once you are done reading, let's discuss further.
    I see what you have done there but for my aplication of this i have no room at all. I will be able to check fully in the morning but im pretty sure unless i can use 20mm fans it's a no go on the side. Roof is the only way!

Fact what if we added our own T line res into the system and bled the system till air free?
    Last edited by Tetrafluorometh; 12-17-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Mr Swiftech
    http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/imag...nsionsX800.jpg

23mm between the rad to the end of the pump. 20mm Yate Loon would not fit there. So thus being 25mm only

I see what you have done there but for my aplication of this i have no room at all. I will be able to check fully in the morning but im pretty sure unless i can use 20mm fans it's a no go on the side. Roof is the only way!

Fact what if we added our own T line res into the system and bled the system till air free?
    if I understand your configuration, it looks like on the side in lower case compartment with 20mm fans would work; you would need an auxiliary res located higher than the rad for 100% safety (case #4) - use corner brackets to attach rad to bottom of case.
    CEO Swiftech

Banned
    if I understand your configuration, it looks like on the side in lower case compartment with 20mm fans would work; you would need an auxiliary res located higher than the rad for 100% safety (case #4) - use corner brackets to attach rad to bottom of case.
    Roof moun or side mount only, nothing else nothing less. I need to check if have the side space for certan with the item thats in place which i will do in the morning.

Have no option for a res higher. I will try for sid but i'd prefer roof mounter personly.

When are they onsale as i can't see them in your store and the UK will be forever in doing anything

Xtreme Addict
    Does this bleed faster than the mcres?

Mr Swiftech
    Roof moun or side mount only, nothing else nothing less. I need to check if have the side space for certan with the item thats in place which i will do in the morning.

Have no option for a res higher. I will try for sid but i'd prefer roof mounter personly.

When are they onsale as i can't see them in your store and the UK will be forever in doing anything
    roof install is only possible with two drive units in the chassis, which is reserved for extreme apps. Looks like side is your only option.

UK reselers should have the units available for purchase from master distributor in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by gabe; 12-17-2009 at 06:16 PM.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogerlad View Post
    Yeah it should be quick.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogerlad View Post
    please allow me a corny joke..

have you ever seen a horse urinate?

well, that's how it bleeds

Bad joke aside, I am referring here to the default orientation. the pump literally has a built-in reservoir attached above it, so it primes and bleeds instantaneously.
    CEO Swiftech

Banned
    roof install is only possible with two drive units in the chassis, which is reserved for extreme apps. Looks like side is your only option.

UK reselers should have the units available for purchase from master distributor in a couple of weeks.
    Umm 2 pumps is going to cost and there is not much in the loop at all to make sense of it! A 120 would be ideal as that can be vertical!

End of Jan 2010 then

What about if the unit was at an angle then, say it was slopping via the bleed side being raised 5mm up.

Xtreme Member
    wow, wicked idea gabe!

as far as mounting it could be mounted any way you want (accept upside down for the sake of the pump) you will just have to have the res fill port at the top.
    CPU: Core2Quad q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (highest so far 4.2GHz)
    GPU: XFX 9800GTX @ 850/1230
    Ram: Samsung 4GB (4x1GB) 700MHz PC5300
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32)
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt DxX
    HDD:WD5001AALS, ST3250410AS, ST3500410AS, ST3500320AS - 1.75TB
    DVD: LG H26N,LG GH20LS10 both sata
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500/Razor Barracuda HP-1 / AC-1
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v
    3Dmark06:17,814 AquaMark:190,865

Xtreme Member
    Looks like the display adapter would be blocked. Those of us using dual link DVI cables with large ferrites would never be able to connect to the card with that hanging off the back.

How strong is the pump?

Say could someone mount the radiator on the ceiling above a ceiling fan and run the across and down the wall to their PC under the desk?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast