Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Swiftech unveils MCR Drive Heat Exchangers

Quote Originally Posted by shadow of chaos View Post
    Gabe mentioned this was coming out as a kit? if so when? also i cant find MCR Drive in any uk online shops, only one i found was dutch.

Performance should be great on a i7, i dont think i'd put a gpu in the same loop though unless the pump was more powerful. could always add a second for the gpu.

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_...ing-Pumpe.html

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_...ing-Pumpe.html

Xtreme Member
    This combo works fine and dandy in small Stacker-type cases because it's easy to install, fill and bleed. Honestly I like this idea.

Xtreme Member
    is that the 350 pump or 355? i dont want the 355.

Btw does this compare closely to a full custom loop in performance? i want it because it's so simple to set up. or does the pump let it down somewhat? i only have stock cooling atm.
    i7 920, P6T Deluxe, ATI 5870, Antec 1200, Corsair 750w PSU, 3gb Gskill ram.

The first link is for the Radiator on it's own,no pump you supply your own 350 or 355.
    The second link is for the radiator with the pump included which is a 350, as far as i know by looking on swiftech's site the included pump is allways a 350.

I have an i7 980X, two GTX 480s and an Antec 1200 case. Would the MCP320-Drive be good enough for this CPU and the two GPUs, for running relatively high overclocks? (ie. 4.4GHz for CPU)? Air temps for my 480's are sucking bigtime, can't overclock it much at all without the temps going into 90s on full load and 100c in Unigine Heaven.... so I'm really looking for something better without too much hassle or expertise required. The MCP320-Drive seems appropriate?

Also can I use an EK Supreme HF with this setup? Or is it better to stick with the Apogee XT?

EDIT: Actually is it feasible to buy TWO MCP320-Drive's, one for CPU and UD7 northbridge, and the other for my two GTX 480s? Is that a good idea? Can both be mounted on the back of my Antec 1200 or can't you do more than 1?
    Last edited by XxDeadlyxX; 04-24-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    awesome product! I've been having a bit of a hard time last couple weeks trying to plan out 2 loop vs 1 loop ideas for my CPU/GPU blocks. This makes life so much easier now.

Prospective buyers...... Give it a go, you wont' be disappointed. Just remember that orientation of the radiator is somewhat limited because the res and pump are integrated into the unit. The Swiftech site shows all of the approved/non-approved orientations. I've been very happy with mine. Head pressure and flow from the MCP 350 is good and it is a quiet little pump. I think the fact that the pump mounts to the radiator and creates an "aftermarket" top so to speak, really helps the performance of this system.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wevsspot View Post
    Prospective buyers...... Give it a go, you wont' be disappointed. Just remember that orientation of the radiator is somewhat limited because the res and pump are integrated into the unit. The Swiftech site shows all of the approved/non-approved orientations. I've been very happy with mine. Head pressure and flow from the MCP 350 is good and it is a quiet little pump. I think the fact that the pump mounts to the radiator and creates an "aftermarket" top so to speak, really helps the performance of this system.
    it sounds great and would like one to cool my i7 & 5870, but if i were to get a dual gpu on the next graphics card releases i am not sure how much that would affect temps. could add a 2nd rad but that means more connections
    i7 920, P6T Deluxe, ATI 5870, Antec 1200, Corsair 750w PSU, 3gb Gskill ram.

you can daisy chain additional radiators and pumps to your heart's content. about the only consideration is that the mcp350 always has to run primed since it's a non-priming pump.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by wevsspot View Post
    According to Swiftech, the pump performance curves are similar between the integrated and stand alone versions of the MCP350. However, I disassembled mine on arrival to have a look at the guts and I think just based on design it probably performs slightly better than the standalone. The machining quality is fair to good, although if you had a small dremel you might be able to improve flow and reduce turbulence a little bit by putting a chamfer on the outlet channel opening (pump housing side). Other than that, no burrs, not a lot of machining tool chatter, cuts were clean, drilled holes looked good etc.

One of the benefits of using the MCP350 at 10W is that this pump is virtually silent.
    Yeah, I'm just a graph freak and like seeing test results. They probably don't want to show it because to test it...you'd have to include the radiator as part of the package. The radiator itself will have pressure drop, so the net test result would be worse than a pump by itself.

That's not to say that it's worse than separate components though...just one of those hard to explain things where you have a combination of pump PQ performance that's already reduced in performance by a radiators restriction. That's my guess anyhow.. They could at least compare using system flow rate I guess, but that too would be a bit of a mixed bag of things. Some people would probably want you to test with an aftermarket top, etc....

I would guess it's probably better than a DDC with stock top but worse than one with a good aftermarket top. Difference pretty marginal though and not enough to really worry about.
    Last edited by Martinm210; 05-05-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    working on it.. but the cost of our pump alone = to the cost of their kit, reason why we released the dual and triple version first. But I agree that a 120 would be a good option for very space constrained applications, and since the pump comes with it, it would always be possible to add a second rad whenever feasible.
    I'd like to see a 420/360 version(able to use either 120mm fans or 140mm fans) and this would be a 140x420mm type radiator, res and pump of course.
    PC1: QX6700 _B1(ES) cpu @ 2.98GHz, Asus P5K Deluxe(812 Bios) w/one GTX295 card...
    PC1(Replacement): i5 750 cpu @ 2.66GHz, Asus P7P55D Pro[Under Construction]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Morello View Post
    a small rectangular cube
    Nope. Not happening.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678