Thread: Who took the latest WR at ORB?

Xtreme Member

Who took the latest WR at ORB?

Who took the latest WR over at futuremarks Orb?

http://www.futuremark.com/community/...e_performance/

P48870 in vantage.?

Xtreme Member
    Whoever did it, he used a Gulftown processor, so I guess it doesn't really count....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    A.Y did it with REX3

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sofos1990 View Post
    A.Y did it with REX3
    Got a link for it? Or maybe a thread here on XS?

Xtreme Enthusiast

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for teh link... But it seems as his score got surpassed by nickshih Just about very recently, yesterday maybe?

Back from the Dead
    Are we benching our Gulftowns now? I'm in
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

Xtreme Addict
    what about this, doesn't count?

Bring... bring the amber lamps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    physx

take me to the manbar
    no dude thats not physix lol. that is a gulftown at 6.1ghz 12 threads. it will get 52k cpu score, along with 4x5870 at 1300 each. thats a sick score

Xtreme Member
    Nice score's but, im little concerned about casuals or small income clockers. I mean, how we are meant to competite with these guys lol?
    A64 2800@ 9x279 # Abit kv8pro 3rd EYE (vtt and vmem modded) # 2x256 mb TwinMos memory( with old winbond ch-5 max:240@3.5v) # 2x256mb KHX 3000 memory (with old winbond bh-5 max:270@3.7v)
    9600 Pro LE with vgpu mod
    Good Job!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KeZzZu View Post
    Nice score's but, im little concerned about casuals or small income clockers. I mean, how we are meant to competite with these guys lol?
    Its been a money game from the beginning... nothing has changed...

Casual benchers arent supposed to compete at that level really. Were talking 5 pots full of LN2 to manage to begin with..

Xtreme Member
    Imo there should be 2 versions of ORB... 1 with the extreme overclockers (LN2/DI).. and 1 with the setups which can be used 24/7 (AC/WC)
    Running 6.1ghz gulftown is pointless as you just can't keep it like that 24/7, still adding ln2 to it rofl.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by totalz View Post
    Imo there should be 2 versions of ORB... 1 with the extreme overclockers (LN2/DI).. and 1 with the setups which can be used 24/7 (AC/WC)
    Running 6.1ghz gulftown is pointless as you just can't keep it like that 24/7, still adding ln2 to it rofl.
    You completely missed the point of the ORB. To counter your argument I could run a gulftown around 6GHz on my cascade 24/7 if I wanted to pay $40/day in cooling costs.

I am Xtreme
    Hwbot will undergo a new change to address this money issue... points will be awarded differently from the new rev on... which might cause a big stirr but it's for the better... atm if you have loads of cash buy an I9, some 9570's and get some big points... to be top ofc you need skill, but a rich kid can create quite a shock with zero skill...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    Hwbot will undergo a new change to address this money issue... points will be awarded differently from the new rev on... which might cause a big stirr but it's for the better... atm if you have loads of cash buy an I9, some 9570's and get some big points... to be top ofc you need skill, but a rich kid can create quite a shock with zero skill...
    You will still need a Gulftown, a LN2 pot and dewar, a HD5870, and a GPU LN2 pot. All they have done is forced users to bench GPUs on LN2

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredpace View Post
    what about this, doesn't count?

So who took this scores then?

Xtreme Addict
    I think it is AndreYangs score
    The man with the littel Barebone!
    And proud Crew of!!!
    Octeamdenmark.com
    Shuttle SX38P2Pro Barebone E8600cpu and HD4870X2 gfx and 2gig Crusial Ballistix PC8500 Cl5 and 2x150gig Raptor in raid 0 and 1x750 gig seagate
    Msi 790FX-GD70 Mobo Amd 955-965 PHII cpus and 2gig Crucial value PC10600@800mhz 7-5-5-15 1T
    And 4x500GB Seagate 7200.12 in raid0
    4xHD5770 in CFQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    You will still need a Gulftown, a LN2 pot and dewar, a HD5870, and a GPU LN2 pot. All they have done is forced users to bench GPUs on LN2
    It's the competitive spirit in your own body that wants you to push harder lol that is not HWBot's nor the ORB nor Rippings fault...

Wait till the new rev gets online, then judge
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    It's the competitive spirit in your own body that wants you to push harder lol that is not HWBot's nor the ORB nor Rippings fault...

Wait till the new rev gets online, then judge
    Yes, I am competitive, but it is hwbot that dictates what I must to to be competitive. Single GPU will be king, it'll be the most popular category and currently the HD5870 is the most powerful single-GPU card making it the only viable competitive option. Can't wait to see some killer results when Rev 3 comes out