Thread: Aquacomputer Aquagratix HD 5870 CrossFire compatibility

Aquacomputer Aquagratix HD 5870 CrossFire compatibility

Hello guys, i'm planning to build a dual Radeon HD 5870 setup with Aquacomputer Aquagratix HD 5870 fullcover waterblocks, but i'm worried about crossfire compatibility: i want to connect one fullcover waterblock to the other fullcover waterblock (so i can cool, while i cool, lol ) and since my chasis doesn't have enough space for long loops (which i can use with 90 degre fittings on fullcover waterblocks) i was going to use special SLI/CF fittings, but i'm concerned will they be compatible with my waterblocks? Aquacomputer has a special twinConnect direct connection kit for these waterblocks, but the problem is that the local resellers don't sell them at all, so it's not an option for me.

It seems that there may not be enough room for there SLI/CF fittings because of the acrylic connection terminals on the each side of the waterblok.

Xtreme Mentor
    where are you from :S cant you get them shipped, im sure they sell ALL their products at aquatuning stores which are everywhere :P

"SLI/Crossfire operation is also possible without this conversion kit using bent fittings."
    Last edited by Jamesrt2004; 12-14-2009 at 07:05 AM.
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Well, i live in a god-forsaken country, which is called Ukraine - the land, where normal things don't happen very often, lol And where almost any type of international shipping is slow, expensive and has a hell lot of problems with local customs, so trying to buy that twinConnect direct connection kit from any foreign online store is my last resort

Bent fitting could work, but that would require additional long tubing, which could be a problem in my chassis, plus bent fitting are almost guaranteed to not work, if i plan to install a third videocard later - that would make a one crazy loop

Aqua Computer Rep
    That would also fit in a padded envelope which costs only 8.00 EUR for shipping

Can be ordered through mail or send me a PM.
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.