Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SIZE MATTERS: Radiators for 140mm Fans - Big Roundup

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by fitseries3 View Post
    im still using my 2 GTX560's i got a year ago

i love them
    Iam not sure I want to be near your delta fans (All 8 of them)
    Desktop I5-3570k, 8GB Ram, GTX 560, Silverstone TJ08-E, Crucial M4 128GB, 750W Silver Power, ASUS P8Z77-M
    Laptop ThinkPad W520 2720QM /2 x 4 GB ram / Quadro 1000M / Crucial M4 128GB + 500Gb Hdd / FHD Screen / Intel WiFi Link 6300 AGN WLAN / 9 Cell Battery
    Laptop 2 New Macbook Pro Retina / i7 QuadCore / 650 GT / 16GB Ram / 512 GB SSD
    Server: Athlon II X4 640, ASROCK K10N78, 8GB Ram, LSI MegaRaid 8 port, 64GB Vertex 1, 5 x 1 TB WD Raid6, 3 x 3TB Seagate Raid5

Xtreme Member
    bundy (or anyone else really)

Any ideas on when the SR-1 420 and 560 might be making their way to US stores? I know HW Labs was hit by the typhoon that damaged a lot of the Philippines, so that may be why, dunno. Just curious why these seem to only be appearing in the EU..

Xtreme PITA to MM
    i'd give gary over at sidewinders a call. he was more than helpful last year when he ordered my 560GTX's. im pretty sure he already has them lined up but i'd give him a ring and see whats up.

anyone know a US distributor for NoiseBlocker fans?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer7 View Post

Any ideas on when the SR-1 420 and 560 might be making their way to US stores? I know HW Labs was hit by the typhoon that damaged a lot of the Philippines, so that may be why, dunno. Just curious why these seem to only be appearing in the EU..
    Well i was surprised myself to find them in stores here (and ordered one fast, haha). There was absolutely no mention of them on HWLabs site, or actually no mention of them on reviews and marketing stuff. The SR-1 was heavily marketed but only in 120mm sizes. I wont complain, the 140mm variants are just in time for my new build

Xtreme PITA to MM
    ben at mountainmods sized up my 560gtx and will be soon offering the hole pattern in the ascension cases so you can make use of the monster 560's in them.

perhaps that will get more people to buy the larger rads for some WC awesomeness

Xtreme Member
    anyone know a US distributor for NoiseBlocker fans?
    The only US 'distributor' listed on NB's website is FrozenCPU.

I e-mailed them asking if they had any plans to start carrying the BlackSilentPro series of fans but got no response.

That's why I had a colleague of mine in the UK just order them for me from a shop in the EU and forward them over to me - didn't want to wait

Xtreme PITA to MM
    thats the ones i want too. i'd like to see them under $10USD each though. i know thats alot to ask but i need 10 of them

Xtreme Member
    I had 7 of them ordered for me, came in right at £100 which is about ~$163 by today's rate They're certainly not cheap

Xtreme PITA to MM
    i put in a request to gary at SW to see what he can do to get them.

my delta's where actually a steal. i got them for $6 each on ebay but they sell for $38 a piece new.

the guy i got them from actually has a store. you can find him by searching for "the fan van"

I am Xtreme
    NB's are extremely over priced for what they are and do. Rating wise, I'd put them close to SilenX though not quite as bad.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme PITA to MM
    well do you have any other suggestions? i like a nice 90cfm+ fan but non of them exist in 140mm that have lower than 45db noise. im not a fan of yate loon at all.

currently i run my deltas at 9v and they are 24v fans. they are still a tad annoying thats why i want something different.

I am Xtreme
    well do you have any other suggestions? i like a nice 90cfm+ fan but non of them exist in 140mm that have lower than 45db noise. im not a fan of yate loon at all.

currently i run my deltas at 9v and they are 24v fans. they are still a tad annoying thats why i want something different.
    Not really but don't expect to get near 90 CFM and be silent/quiet with any fan. The 27dB rating is probably max under volting rating, full 12v will probably be high 30's/low 40's @ probably 70-80 CFM, maybe 15-20 CFM lower on a rad.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Addict
    I had 7 of them ordered for me, came in right at £100 which is about ~$163 by today's rate They're certainly not cheap
    Well they cost 16€ which is about the same price I have to pay for GT15 here in Denmark, you us people just have it too nice when it comes to prices
    Desktop I5-3570k, 8GB Ram, GTX 560, Silverstone TJ08-E, Crucial M4 128GB, 750W Silver Power, ASUS P8Z77-M
    Laptop ThinkPad W520 2720QM /2 x 4 GB ram / Quadro 1000M / Crucial M4 128GB + 500Gb Hdd / FHD Screen / Intel WiFi Link 6300 AGN WLAN / 9 Cell Battery
    Laptop 2 New Macbook Pro Retina / i7 QuadCore / 650 GT / 16GB Ram / 512 GB SSD
    Server: Athlon II X4 640, ASROCK K10N78, 8GB Ram, LSI MegaRaid 8 port, 64GB Vertex 1, 5 x 1 TB WD Raid6, 3 x 3TB Seagate Raid5

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    NB's are extremely over priced for what they are and do. Rating wise, I'd put them close to SilenX though not quite as bad.
    I won't argue that My main selling point with them was their rated RPM of 1700; I didn't even bother considering their noise rating which I'm sure is grossly understated. Unfortunately, as far as high RPM capable 140x25 fans go, they're about the only game in town at this point sans these non-RPM'ed Koolance 140s I just got recently (and I wanted something that had an RPM lead).

Plus they have a cool looking fan blade you can appreciate WL!

Xtreme Mentor
    It's good to see a radiator with multiple port options like the Monster Lite. I really wish more radiators would come like this.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    bundy-

Do you have any °C/W measurement values for any or all of these rads you tested? I would like to make some calculations of expected delta T given different heat loads on each of these just to see how they compare. Thanks.

Xtreme Addict
    I would like to look at Black Ice SR-1 480 vs SR-1 560.

Intel Q9650 @500x9MHz/1,3V
    Asus Maximus II Formula @Performance Level=7
    OCZ OCZ2B1200LV4GK 4x2GB @1200MHz/5-5-5-15/1,8V
    OCZ SSD Vertex 3 120Gb
    Seagate RAID0 2x ST1000DM003
    XFX HD7970 3GB @1111MHz
    Thermaltake Xaser VI BWS
    Seasonic Platinum SS-1000XP
    M-Audio Audiophile 192
    LG W2486L
    Liquid Cooling System :
    ThermoChill PA120.3 + Coolgate 4x120
    Swiftech Apogee XT, Swiftech MCW-NBMAX Northbridge
    Watercool HeatKiller GPU-X3 79X0 Ni-Bl + HeatKiller GPU Backplate 79X0
    Laing 12V DDC-1Plus with XSPC Laing DDC Reservoir Top
    3x Scythe S-FLEX "F", 4x Scythe Gentle Typhoon "15", Scythe Kaze Master Ace 5,25''

Apple MacBook Pro 17` Early 2011:
    CPU: Sandy Bridge Intel Core i7 2720QM
    RAM: Crucial 2x4GB DDR3 1333
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD
    HDD: ADATA Nobility NH13 1GB White

Xtreme Addict
    Hello Guys, here is my brandnew update for you - now there are 16 rads in this review. Sry, i had no time to translate it, so please use an online translator or just check the result charts. Thanks for reading

Update 25.03.10: Folgende Radiatoren befinden sich nun ebenfalls in diesem großen Testvergleich:

Phobya Xtreme 280:

Nachdem die Phobya Radis für 120mm Lüfter bereits seit einiger Zeit erhältlich sind, folgen nun die größeren Brüder f. 140mm Lüfter
    Für diesen Test stand mir ein Vorserienmodell zur Verfügung, welches bis auf das fehlende Zubehör bereits dem Serienmodell entspricht.
    Wie schon bei den Modellen für 120mm Lüfter, gibt es auch hier sowohl an der Front- als auch auf dem Wärmetauscher je 2x G 1/4"
    Gewinde, um entsprechende Anschlüsse verwenden zu können. Die Gewinde an der Stirnseite bringen einen kleinen Durchflussvorteil
    mit sich. Auf der Rückseite befindet sich eine Entlüftungsschraube, welche sich bei vertikalem Betrieb als nützlich erweisen kann.
    Ingesamt weiß der Phobya 280 Radiator zu gefallen, die Verarbeitung ist gut und die Leistung ansprechend ! Dieses Radimodell
    entspricht in etwa der Leistung eines Tripleradis f. 120mm Lüfter. Der Kaufpreis liegt bei angemessenen 60 Euro.

Technische Daten:

Material: Kupferlamellen, Vorkammern aus Messing
    Farbe: komplett Matt Schwarz
    Abmaße: (L x B x H): 338x145x60mm
    Anschlüsse: G1/4"
    Gewicht: ca. 1454g
    Montierbarkeit: von beiden Seiten für Lüfter oder als Halterung
    Gewindegröße Schrauben: M3
    Lüftergröße: 2x 140mm
    Druckgetestet: 2 Bar
    Sonstiges: Entlüftungsschraube

Lieferumfang:

1x Radiator
    8x M3x30mm Schrauben
    2x Entkopplung
    2x schwarze Verschlussschrauben

Als weiteren Phobya Radiator stand mir folgendes Modell zur Verfügung:

Der Radiator ist brandneu auf dem Markt und seit heute bei Aquatuning.de für knapp 60 EUR erhältlich !
    Speziell für Gehäuse mit Einbaumöglichkeit für "Monsterlüfter" wurde dieser Wärmetauscher entwickelt,
    natürlich lässt er sich auch extern betreiben und bietet aufgrund der 4x G 1/4" Anschlussgewinde viele
    Optionen zur Verschlauchung. Durch die 2 mitgelieferten Blenden, lassen sich eine große Anzahl von
    Lüftern der Größe 180mm - 220mm auf diesem Radi montieren ! Für den Test kam ein Coolermaster
    200mm Lüfter zum Einsatz, welcher einen guten Luftdurchsatz und gleichzeitig leisen Betrieb gestattet.
    Der eingesetzte Lüfter läuft mit max. 700 U/Min. Da es noch keinen weiteren Radiator dieser Größe gibt,
    habe ich mich dazu entschlossen, dieses Modell hier aufzunehmen. So hat man eine Vorstellung, wo
    sich dieser neue Radi leistungsmässig einordnet. Der Lamellenabstand ist groß genug, um auch mit
    relativ wenig Luftdurchsatz eine gute Leistung zu bieten.

Technische Daten:

Material: Kupferlamellen, Vorkammern aus Messing
    Farbe: komplett Matt Schwarz
    Abmaße: (L x B x H): 479x145x60mm
    Anschlüsse: G1/4"
    Gewicht: ca. 1976g
    Montierbarkeit: von beiden Seiten für Lüfter oder als Halterung
    Gewindegröße Schrauben: M3
    Lüftergröße: 1x 180-225mm
    Druckgetestet: 2 Bar
    Sonstiges: Entlüftungsschraube

Lieferumfang:

1x Radiator
    4x M3x30mm Schrauben
    4x M3x5mm Schrauben
    2x Lüfterblenden
    2x schwarze Verschlussschrauben

Von Koolance erreichten mich 3 Radiatoren für diesen Test. Wer sich die Bilder näher ansieht, wird erkennen, das die
    Radis die Handschrift von Hardwarelabs tragen. Die Modelle sind für 1-3 Lüfter im 140mm Format ausgelegt.
    Die Verarbeitung ist tadellos und die Leistung ab 800 U/Min. ist auch im grünen Bereich.
    Ein durchdachtes Feature ist der Schutz unter den Schraubenlöchern. Wenn man irrtümlich zu lange Schrauben verwendet,
    beugt eine kleine Metallplatte der Zerstörung des Radiators vor ! (auf dem 2. Bild in der 2. Reihe ersichtlich)
    Bei Anschlüssen mit sehr langem Gewinde kann es vorkommen, das Gewindeverlängerungen notwendig sind, diese liegen
    den Radiatoren im Lieferumfang bei.

Technische Details des 1x 140mm Modells:

Material: Kupferlamellen & Messingrohre
    Anschlussgröße: 1/4"
    Abmaße: (B x H x L): 13,3cm x 3cm x 17,1cm
    Lüftergewindegröße: M4
    Gewicht: 794g

Lieferumfang:
    1x Radiator
    4x M4x32mm Kreuz-Linsenkopfschrauben

Technische Details des 280er Modells:

Abmaße: (B x H x L): 15,3cm x 3cm x 31,6cm
    Gewicht: 726g

Lieferumfang:

1x Radiator
    8x M4x32mm Kreuz-Linsenkopfschrauben

Technische Details der 420er Version:

Abmaße: (B x H x L): 15,3cm x 3cm x 46cm
    Gewicht: 1kg

Lieferumfang:
    1x Radiator
    12x M4x32mm Kreuz-Linsenkopfschrauben

Die 3 Koolance Radis sind in Deutschland zu Preisen zwischen 50 EUR und 75 EUR erhältlich

Die Firma Aquacomputer.de, bekannt durch viele innovative und erfolgreiche Produkte, schickt ihren neuesten Vertreter aus
    der Radiatoren Abteilung ins Rennen: den Airplex Revolution 360/420 ! Die Bezeichnung lässt bereits die Besonderheit dieses
    Wärmetauschers erahnen: es lassen sich sowohl 3x 120mm- als auch 140mm Lüfter verbauen, wobei jeweils eine Seite für die
    entsprechende Lüftergröße ausgelegt ist. Für Auf- und Umsteiger der beliebten 360er Radis, die bereits den üblichen Ausschnitt
    im Gehäuse besitzen, ist dieser Radiator also eine besonders gute Wahl, da man nicht direkt erneut das Gehäuse modifizieren muss.
    Der Preis von knapp 80 EUR geht angesichts der gebotenen Leistung und Features in Ordnung. Es befinden sich beidseitig je 2x G 1/4"
    Gewinde in der Vorkammer. Denkbar sind also u.a. Radi Sandwiches, oder einfach die Befüllung über eine dieser Öffnungen, als eine
    Art Fillport. So kann man sich den sonst notwendigen Ausgleichsbehälter im Kreislauf sparen.
    Eine passende Radiblende mit zusätzlichem Ausschnitt wird von Aquacomputer bereit gehalten.
    Sauer aufstoßen lässt mich die Tatsache, das sich keinerlei Lüfterschrauben im Lieferumfang befinden und kein Inbusschlüssel,
    um die 2 Edelstahlinlay auf der Seite f. 120mm Lüfter zu montieren.
    Dies ist bei halb so teuren Radiatoren eine Selbstverständlichkeit, oftmals sogar in 2 Längen.
    Die Lackierung meines Testmusters weist an einigen Stellen Unebenheiten auf, ferner sind die Lamellenreihen teils etwas verschoben. Natürlich ist dieser Aspekt eher zweitrangig, da man dies im verbauten Zustand kaum bis gar nicht sieht.
    Der Radiator wurde in Deutschland entwickelt und laut Aquacomputer wird er auch hier produziert. Der Preis ist dahingehend gut !

Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator SR1 140

Technische Details:
    [LIST][*]Maße: 171 x 54 x 153 mm (BxHxT)[*]Material: Kupfer, Messing[*]Farbe: Schwarz[*]Gewicht: 680 g[*]Anschlüsse: 2x G1/4 Zoll[*]Lüfterkompatibilität: 1x 140 mm[*]Lüfterbefestigung: M4 Gewinde (beidseitig)[*]Preis: ca. 75 EUR

Testergebnisse:

Differenz (delta T) von der Raumtemperatur zur Wassertemperatur)
    (ein niedriger Wert ist besser)

Durchflusswerte / Flowrate

Liter / Stunde

Xtreme Member

Hope this helps!

HW Labs Black Ice SR1 560 $179.95

http://www.dangerden.com/store/black-ice-sr1-560.html

Xtreme Addict
    That SR never ceases to amaze me o.O

Thanks for the review Bundy .

Xtreme Member
    I am hoping for SWC to carry the 140mm versions of SR1s.

Xtreme Addict
    I still cannot believe how much better the TC is than all the others at low RPM. How do they do it?
    Components
    Case: Cooler Master ATCS840/ PSU: Seasonic X750/
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-z68xp-ud4/ CPU: i5 2500k 4.2-4.8 GHz @ auto/
    VGA: EVGA GTX570 SC 940, 1880, 4500 @ 1.1v (Lucid dGPU)/ Memory: 8 Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866
    Storage: Corsair Force 3 120Gb SSD, Samsung 470 128Gb SSD, WD Scorpio Black 750 (Scythe Quiet Drive)
    OSs: Win7 HP x86_64/ Kubuntu 11.04 x86_64
    Cooling
    CPU: Koolance CPU-370/ GPU: Koolance VID-NX580/ Rads: XSPC RX360, Swiftech MCR-220QP/ Pump: EK-DCP 2.2 (softmount)
    Fans: 3x Noiseblocker m12-S1 @~500-750rpm, 3x Scythe GT 800 @~450-800RPM, Cooler Master 230mm (softmount) @300 RPM
    Tubing: 3/8" x 5/8" Primochill LRT (black)
    Fittings: Koolance compressions and 45/90 degree fittings

Certified Quiet PC Loony

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Does anyone know if TC will release a 140.4 rad? I would be really interested!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodholm View Post
    Does anyone know if TC will release a 140.4 rad? I would be really interested!
    Where would you put it? In the middle of the living room
    Is there a case to be able to install it inside?
    Quote Originally Posted by creidiki
    EKs are like waterblock pr0n

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy_EK View Post
    Where would you put it? In the middle of the living room
    Is there a case to be able to install it inside?
    Looks like the Lian Li X2000 can do it
    Similar tall cases could hold them too i guess... maybe the PC-P80 ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast