Thread: 6.1 Surround Sound Help

Xtreme Member

6.1 Surround Sound Help

I'm having trouble setting up my surround sound. I have an old Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2zs. I think there was a time when everyone had this. Anyhow. I bought a computer awhile back and it came with BOSE speakers, 2 tweaters and a subwoofer. The only way I can get it to work, is by putting it in the Digital Output plug. The Digital Output plug-in is the top one above the "Line In" plug. The BOSE's speakers and sub-woofer work when either Digial or Analog Output is selected. However the rest of the speakers wont work if I select Digital Output. Why it still works in Analog and Digital is beyond me. For some reason Creative's drivers must automatically know which set of speakers it should be, whether its Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left, ect... So I could have all the other speakers in their correct plug-ins, and the Creative drivers automatically use the BOSE speakers for the missing locations to complete the 6.1 surround sound. Anyhow, I can get everything working, but the sound for the Rear Center is really really faint. To the point its pretty much non existent.

In this picture, you'll see how I have everything set up. When you hit the channel button, it goes around to each speaker tests it. When it gets to the sub-woofer, I can hear it in the Rear Center a little bit. No base comes out of the BOSE sub-woofer because it's hooked up to the Front Left and Front Right BOSE tweaters. However the sub-woofer works just fine during any movies, music, and games. I'm wondering if it's confusing the Rear Center with the Sub-Woofer. See how the orange plug has Front Center (FC)/Sub-Woofer (SW)/Rear Center (RC)? How do I go about fixing this?

Is there another utility program that I can use to reconfigure each speaker? I would use the BOSE speakers for the Front Center, Rear Center, and Sub-woofer plug-in, but it doesn't work. It only works when I plug it into the Digital Output plug.
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; 12-03-2009 at 04:04 PM.
    | NZXT H630 (White) | ASUS Maximus VI Hero | Intel i5 4760K | CORSAIR Dominator GT 8GB @2000MHz Memory | MSI Gaming Twin Force GTX 770 2GB @ Power Limit + %185 | ASUS Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe Audio Card | Philips amBX Premium Kit | Nvidia 3D Vision 2 |

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad213Boy View Post
    I'm having trouble setting up my surround sound. I have an old Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2zs. I think there was a time when everyone had this. Anyhow. I bought a computer awhile back and it came with BOSE speakers, 2 tweaters and a subwoofer. The only way I can get it to work, is by putting it in the Digital Output plug. The Digital Output plug-in is the top one above the "Line In" plug. The BOSE's speakers and sub-woofer work when either Digial or Analog Output is selected. However the rest of the speakers wont work if I select Digital Output. Why it still works in Analog and Digital is beyond me. For some reason Creative's drivers must automatically know which set of speakers it should be, whether its Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left, ect... So I could have all the other speakers in their correct plug-ins, and the Creative drivers automatically use the BOSE speakers for the missing locations to complete the 6.1 surround sound. Anyhow, I can get everything working, but the sound for the Rear Center is really really faint. To the point its pretty much non existent.

In this picture, you'll see how I have everything set up. When you hit the channel button, it goes around to each speaker tests it. When it gets to the sub-woofer, I can hear it in the Rear Center a little bit. No base comes out of the BOSE sub-woofer because it's hooked up to the Front Left and Front Right BOSE tweaters. However the sub-woofer works just fine during any movies, music, and games. I'm wondering if it's confusing the Rear Center with the Sub-Woofer. See how the orange plug has Front Center (FC)/Sub-Woofer (SW)/Rear Center (RC)? How do I go about fixing this?

Is there another utility program that I can use to reconfigure each speaker? I would use the BOSE speakers for the Front Center, Rear Center, and Sub-woofer plug-in, but it doesn't work. It only works when I plug it into the Digital Output plug.
    Give us a link to the exact type of Bose speakers you have? They sound like they're digital only! Also check your speaker calibration settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!