Thread: zzz newegg/UPS :(

Xtreme Enthusiast

zzz newegg/UPS :(

Over a week for 3 day select :/

Edit: also its the last part i need for my computer build, 5850.
    Last edited by Klarko; 11-30-2009 at 04:08 PM.
    HAF922 (3 fan upgraded) 700w ModXtreme
    MSI GD-65 // HIS 5850 // Saitek Esclipse
    Core i5 750 @ 3.32Ghz (OC Genie) Megahalem w/ 1200rpm Scythe Slipstream
    G. Skill RipJaws DDR3 2000 4x2 gig
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB // 5:1 Dell Surround
    24inch Samsung ToC // MX518

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Klarko View Post

Over a week for 3 day select :/

Edit: also its the last part i need for my computer build, 5850.
    Off-topic: Why So Serious?

On-topic: That's messed up! You should call and complain to UPS about this. Also, why did you blacken out your location when it's in your profile? Wouldn't it be more important to blacken out your tracking number? :P Just my 2 cents.
    .:: Gaming PC Specs ::.

Case: Antec Nine Hundred
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.6 GHz, 1.44v (cooled by Xigmatek GAIA) [IntelBurnTest{Linpack} stable]
    GPU/Monitor: VisionTek HD 6950 @ 6970, 950 MHz/1375 MHz 1.30v + Sony BRAVIA 32EX400 1080p
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD4 F5
    Memory: 16 GB (4x 4 GB) Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600
    Hard Drive: 2x Seagate 500 GB 7200.11 RAID 0 & RAID 1 (Matrix RAID) + 1x WD Caviar Black 640 GB
    Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Fatal1ty Profess1onal, Logitech X-530
    PSU: Corsair AX-1200 (1500W PSU!)
    O/S: Microsoft® Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentGOD View Post
    Off-topic: Why So Serious?

On-topic: That's messed up! You should call and complain to UPS about this. Also, why did you blacken out your location when it's in your profile? Wouldn't it be more important to blacken out your tracking number? :P Just my 2 cents.
    LOLLLLL

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Man this thing is doing a tour of the USA//
    By the time it arrives to you the next gen of cards will be out.. or two!
    Now you know why I hate UPS as a company.
    They care squat for the end customer.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

SSD faster than your HDD
    Friday after Thanksgiving does not count as a delivery day for anything other than Next day air. Has been this way since 1988, at least.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ View Post
    Friday after Thanksgiving does not count as a delivery day for anything other than Next day air. Has been this way since 1988, at least.
    Oh be quiet Mr. Birthday Boy!
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    My brother works for UPS as a sorter. Usually one of the loaders is half-assing his job and ends up loading a package meant for one city onto another truck. However, they have these gloves with a mini bar code scanner that requires them to scan each package they load so he'll be sure to hear from his supervisor

-150c Club Member

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

I am Xtreme
    It's okay, I remember ordering something from Malaysia, it first went to Singapore, then to Austria, and only then to Russia.
    Don't ask me how long it it's taken me to get it.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    UPS suck , they up quiet a bit and they won't do nothing when you complain. They won't even try to get the package faster to you even on their own ups.
    i7 940/Rampage 2 Extreme/Corsair 6g Dominator/Corsair HX100W/GTX 580/SSD

I am Xtreme
    What do you expect when you ship around a holiday? If I pay over $100 I usually ship via ups overnight unless the shipper doesn't use UPS . Fedex on the other hand takes it's merry time and loves to break things.

edit: You get what you pay for.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

I've come to the conclusion that UPS 3 days means they guarantee it'll take at least 3 days to reach you.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that UPS 3 days means they guarantee it'll take at least 3 days to reach you.
    It also depends how far the original location of the item is from you. I've bought thousands of $ worth of stuff from newegg and almost all of them have arrived within 1-2 days via UPS 3 day ground. Then of course living in NY with a newegg distribution center in new jersey does help

i had a problem with newegg and UPS from the black friday sale. i bought my dad a case for christmas, i set the shipping address to my neighbors house as he is on vacation and i live at my parents house and since cases ship in their own case i didnt want it coming to the billing address since its a chistmas present. well newegg changed the shipping address to be the same as the billing address and since it was the black friday sale and the servers were swamped i got the conformation affter it went and was ready to ship so i couldent cancel or change the shipping address. then on the delivery day i was lucky and my mom was coming home and saw the ups guy a block from my house and he was nice enough to load it into her car, but the case is covered in this orange/brown paint dust stuff that looks like they repainted the truck and it wasnt all the way dry and it got stuck to the box (it did wipe off though).

this stuff wasnt a big deal like a lost package or wrong thing shipped, just annoying. and that reminds me i was going to complain to newegg so hopefully no1 else gets things shipped to the wrong place when they have a different billing and shipping address as ive heard of this happening before
    Last edited by zanzabar; 12-03-2009 at 09:27 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Cruncher
    When I ordered from the Egg I selected 'UPS time travel' shipping!

I am Xtreme
    I just cross my fingers and hope its at Newegg's Memphis Warehouse has the items. That's only 143 mi from me and I've ordered on Tues and gotten the package on Thursday. With ground shipping. It is hit and miss as far as the way they handle the packages. I've refused orders before because boxes looked like they'd played kick the can with it. Then I've seen others in pristine condition and I must I get 3 good for ever 1 poorly handled package. That use to be about 8 to 1. I've NEVER gotten anything that looked like that (damaged box) from FedEx. I try to use them whenever I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Love will tear us apart
    These metal G5 cases are extremely sturdy. I think Fed Ex put a forklift on top of the box. Got $1000 out of them for two like this. Thing still works though; I have it at home now.

Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Xtreme Member
    WOW UPS is GARBAGE beat your boxes to death and are SLOOOOWWWW!!!! fedex upgrade every time never a problem
    Intel i5 3570K@4.6ghz, Swiftech Apogee GTZ, mcp655, Typhoon III and mcr320
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, 8GB 2000 cl9, M4 128GB SSD, 2TB W-D green USB3.0
    MSI 7870 HAWK 1300gpu /1450mem, ASUS VG23AH 23" IPS 3D 72hz
    PCP&C 750W in CM651 case
    89 Ford Mustang coupe burnt orange on chrome ponies
    Bum & Hater #1
    HEATWARE: d50man

Xtreme Member
    Hey if you will notice the Fedex packages look almost like new condition but the ups looked like its been through a grinder.lol.......

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ...I further hate when UPS passes my package to the US Post Office...

Win7Pro 32-bit/ ABIT IP35 Pro v1.1 BIOS v.16beta09/ Intel C2D E8400 Batch Q748A223 /Xigmatek HDT-RS1283/ 4GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18 1.80V ver4.1/ CORSAIR 850AX/ CM Stacker 830SE/ ZALMAN ZM-F3RL 120mm Red LED/120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 Red LED/ Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer/ MSI R7870/ Dell UltraSharp 2407FPW-HC...new FPS: Groundbranch.com/
    Ace's 40mm fan solution...be my buddy

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Ledanek View Post
    ...I further hate when UPS passes my package to the US Post Office...
    Yepp! That's what happened to the last wireless card I ordered from Newegg. I ordered a HDD two days later on Tues, got it on Friday. I ordered the card that previous Friday and got it via USPS Monday 10 days later.

TO the guy above, I've only received everything in first class shape from FedEx, the boxes were clean as well.

There are good folks at UPS too, it is just too danged bad they get over shadowed by the Jerks!
    Last edited by Donnie27; 12-21-2009 at 08:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    sdn ʎq pǝddıɥs pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by Your_Boss View Post
    sdn ʎq pǝddıɥs pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

-150c Club Member
    Classic

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.