Thread: Top Gear Stratos Kit car

Ker-Pow !

Top Gear Stratos Kit car

A very interesting post here on last nights Top gear episode...(Episode 3)

http://www.stratossupersite.com/foru...?threadid=7683

Appears that TG broke the car themselves rather than it falling apart, they even blew the engine !

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Interesting but no facts or proof...
    Maybe I was the one who jinxed the car anyway
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Ker-Pow !
    There is now another post in there about another top gear experience...about the lotus lada this time....not exactly positive either...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm sorry, I know this may sound a bit callous, but I don't have much sympathy for either the stratos guy or the Lada guy. In the case of the Stratos that they ballsed up, they paid to get it fixed didn't they? Plus, the owner of the Stratos didn't have to lend the car to top gear. He wasn't under any contract or anything like that to allow them to use the car. It was the owners vanity to get the car on the tv show that caused the problems. Tv programms are made to an incredibly short shooting schedule if something isn't going to be ready on time don't say. 'I can do it.' Just so that you can ring up your friends when top gears on and say 'thats my car!'

And yeah, I'm sure that the two guys complaining in that thread did put in a lot of hard work and worked long hours. But actually, due to the tight nature of the shooting schedule so do most of the people working on the programme. The runners, the camera men etc. Only they aren't working on one episode, they are working on an entire series.

I don't think the car actually came off that baddly in the show, I just think the guy is upset because they didn't wax lyrical about his hard work. At the end of the day, the car was faulty, the engine did die, the owner was aware that it did have problems but gave the car over to them to test anyway and is now upset because the car wasn't met with a five star reveiw.

Xtreme Cruncher
    And it's handling was all over the place. The STIG spun it a couple of times, considering what kind of driver he's meant to be and he couldn't keep it under control. I'd build one though, looks like GREAT fun. On a track and such it's a laugh when a car is trying to kill you.
    Main Rig

AMD Athlon X2 3800+ @ 2.8GHz (10x 280MHz) | ABit Kn9 NF4 | 4GB GSkill DDR2 - 800MHz | ATi Radeon HIS HD3870 | 530w Hiper Type M PSU

80GB Western Digital SATA300 Boot Drive | 500GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive | 400GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive | 400GB Seagate Barracuda UDMA IDE Storage Drive | 200GB Samsung Spinpoint UDMA IDE Storage Drive | 160GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive

Windows Server 2008 x64 | Dual Screen: 20" TFT @ 1920x1080 | 19" TFT @ 1440x900

Media Streaming Rig/Spare PC

Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz | Generic Motherboard | 768mb Kingston DDR - 400MHz | ATi Radeon 9250SE | 350w AOpen PSU

20GB Western Digital IDE Drive

Windows XP Professional x86 w/SP3 | TV/Monitor @ 1920x1080

Entertainment Centre

40" Sony Bravia @ 1920x1080 | Sony Playstation 3 | Microsoft Xbox 360 (RED RING OF DEATH)

Xtreme Cruncher
    top gear is not to be taken seriously, its just stupid entertainment. Any conclusion or opinion they reach should not be considered seriously at all...

Q9300 [Crunch] / XFX GTX285 [Fold] / EVGA 750i
    Two 250GB 7200 / 4GB XMS2 800 / 1Kw XPS PSU / Freezer Pro 7
    10,797 3DMark Vantage / Scythe 120mm Case fans / Vista U. 64
    PS3 - 700 Work Units and going strong!, XPS 720 H2C Case
    Crunching 24/7 on Q9300....might upgrade to an i7

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSRboy View Post
    top gear is not to be taken seriously, its just stupid entertainment. Any conclusion or opinion they reach should not be considered seriously at all...
    Stupid ? hardly. You must be thinking of American entertainment shows again.
    Lian Dream: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz, Asus Maximus IV Gene-z, MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr III, 8GB 2x4GB Mushkin Ridgeback, Crucial M4 128GB x2, Plextor PX-755SA, Seasonic 750 X, Lian-li
    HTPC: E5300@3.8, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, Gigabyte 5750 Silentcell, Mushkin 2GBx2, 2x 500gb Maxtor Raid 1, 300gb Seagate, 74gb Raptor, Seasonic G series 550 Gold, Silverstone LC16m

Laptop: XPS15z Crucial M4
    Nikon D700 ~ Nikkor 17-35 F2.8 ~ Nikkor 50mm F1.8
    Lian Dream Work Log
    my smugmug
    Heatware