Thread: Apogee GTZ LGa1156 retention Kit.

Smile Apogee GTZ LGa1156 retention Kit.

Hello there.
    I am looking for Apogee GTZ LGA1156 retention kit - I haven't found out any - neither on swiftech website.
    Does anybody know which WC manufacturers retention kit is ideal for substitute?

thanks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't believe anyone will be making a socket 1156 kit for the GTZ anytime soon. I was looking at the GTZ for my i7 860 until I found out that they came out with a new block - the Swiftech Apogee XT (currently the best block on the market too) and it is the only swiftech block that will fit 1156 sockets.
    i7 860 @ 4.2Ghz | ASUS Maximus III Formula | 8GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 | ATi 5970 | 3x WD Raptor X HDD's | NZXT Khaos Case | Corsair 1000w PSU | Swiftech H20 Cooling CPU | Windows 7 x64 | Sony Bravia 52" LCD Display

3DMark06 Score - 20k Club | Youtube Account

Xtreme Guru
    IIRC, Gabe did make mention of planning on putting out a socket 1156 mounting kit for the GTZ. They may have gotten a little behind though. He did say there were no plans of phasing out the GTZ yet though.

If you don't want to wait, the XT performs better than the GTZ, but still has the same type of mounting system.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Admin
    AFAIK, the GTZ isn't being phased out at all...it's going to be Swiftech's 'budget' block with an MSRP of $50. They'll get an 1156 bracket out....Gabe hasn't given us an ETA though.