Thread: Lian Li PC-60 - ideas for stuffing a second PSU in this case

Question Lian Li PC-60 - ideas for stuffing a second PSU in this case

I picked up an old LL PC-62 case for free (was getting pitched) now I'm not a fan of LL cases in general but hey it was free I chopped out the back of it to fit a 120mm fan back there instead of the old 80mm. Put a Q6600 and a GTX260 in the case running off an Antec Smartpower 2 500W PSU. Works great.

I want to stick another GTX260 in this PC (I fold). Issue is I don't want to tax the old 500W Antec too much, not sure if it could handle the Q6600 and two GTX260 cards at full load so I got the idea of sticking this 350W Antec Smartpower 2 in there as well to help with the load. Issue is, it won't fit in the 5.25" bay like I was hoping

Any ideas how to get this PSU in there? Or could the 500W handle it long-term? Or am I screwed and either need a different case or just a single more powerful PSU?
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    sparky;
    I am going to shoot you!
    LL PC62's are rare and perfect for sammy's even with the 80mm in back and the 2-80's in front..
    Don't carve this up PLEASE!
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

I'm looking at it and I don't see how sammy board would fit in there? I thought they were longer than most ATX boards? The P35-DS3P already is only about 1.5 inches from the 5.25" bays. I had to leave the HD bay out of the case because the GTX260 was hitting it

The case isn't even in good shape. Part of the reason I got it for free is it is kinda banged up.

I wasn't looking to do too much chopping to fit another PSU in there really. But that 80mm in the back just had to go, wouldn't trust cooling a working Q6600 to just that
    Last edited by Sparky; 11-25-2009 at 12:10 PM.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    LL PC60 is ATX.. LLPC62 is EATX.. Trust me, got one in the other room with sammy in it..
    OK, your forgiven since it was banged up..
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

OK so maybe this is a PC60 then. It won't hold EATX.

I just didn't see that model on the lian-li site so I assumed it was the PC62 since that's what was listed. But I see now that it isn't since it doesn't even have a removable tray to it.
    The Cardboard Master