Thread: OCAU passwords Hacked

Xtreme Addict

OCAU passwords Hacked

If you are a member of OCAU forum they recommend you change your password as they may have had some sort of security breach. Many forum users use the same passwords for a few sites so be warned!! Cheers.

"Unfortunately last night I became aware of a possible security issue on one of our servers and noticed some unusual activity. I am investigating it in more detail and will be working with the vendor of our forum software and quite possibly the Police to determine what has actually occurred. For now it doesn't seem that the issue is too serious, but I would say as a precaution you might want to:

* change your forum password
    * change your password on any other services that use the same password (although sharing passwords across services is a very bad idea, so you shouldn't be doing that anyway)

I'll give more info as it comes to hand."
    Respec'
    System:Bunch of crappy overclocked PC's that cost an arm and a leg

Then infected, now down

I am a member there, and last night while browsing the OCAU forums i noticed that the page would redirect to a dodgy website (leasycrabs dot cn) where it then downloaded a pdf file. This morning OCAU wouldn't even load (both forums and front page)!

(And yes I have changed my passwords...)
    kuroikenshi: "I cannot believe that their flagship product will be New Zealand (they should make an all blacks version of it)"
    SexyMF: "I am stoked that I can get a decent GPU branded with my country "
    MrMojoZ: "Now all you need is electricty. "

Xtreme Member
    I can't access OCAU today either.
    Oh well, Dragon Age Origins her I come...
    BLACKOPS mobo., 4 GB Corsair xms3 XMP DDR3 RAM @1333 7-7-7-20, seagate 'cuda v11, 1TB, Q9650 @ 3.7, Megahalems cooler, corsair HX620 PSU, Galaxy 9800 GT. Win 7 HP 64. Intel X25-M G1 80 GB ssd

Xtreme Addict
    Yes, the official news is that it will be down until "At least Monday" with no further information

Xtreme Addict
    ^ Thanks mAJORD, I was wondering why no OCAU today (slobber)
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mAJORD View Post
    Yes, the official news is that it will be down until "At least Monday" with no further information
    ...at least i know its not just me
    it is sort of freaking me out not having my daily ocau dose\

however xs is helping ease the pain
    |W3570|ClassifiedE760|12gbGT2000c7|2x[XFXgtx295]|X-fiForte|2xF120raid0|2x300gbVraptor|HX1000|LianPC-71|Dell3007wfp-HC|

Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    SuperPi is like caviar. It's an acquired taste.

Xtreme Member
    I read about this the other day but didn't think it was too serious. Now that the site's down, I'm having my doubts

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontl1ne View Post
    I read about this the other day but didn't think it was too serious. Now that the site's down, I'm having my doubts
    You should.
    If the risk was minimal, they'd most likely announce that everything was alright.
    But since they specifically told everyone to reset their passwords, I'd at very least do so.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Ya know if they're asking you to reset your password that sort of implies they weren't encrypted in the db...

Xtreme Addict
    vB stores passwords encrypted... but MD5 can be reversed if you got the right tools and vB version software

Belgium's #1 Hardware Review Site and OC-Team!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Muunsyr View Post
    I am a member there, and last night while browsing the OCAU forums i noticed that the page would redirect to a dodgy website (leasycrabs dot cn) where it then downloaded a pdf file. This morning OCAU wouldn't even load (both forums and front page)!

(And yes I have changed my passwords...)
    I think maybe the rest of the world would be better off returning the favor to China and firewalling them off just like they firewalled us.
    Asus G73- i7-740QM, Mobility 5870, 6Gb DDR3-1333, OCZ Vertex II 90Gb