Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: HD5770 Cooling

Quote Originally Posted by Irocing View Post
    Hi,
    Later.

CM 690 II Advanced- #9 fans.
    9 FANS but luckily it looks like a fan controller on the front.
    But still, it must sound like a tornado is passing or?

For my HTPC

I have 4 fans total (5 with PSU fan)
    2 rear 80mm Noctuas case fans(controlled by SpeedFan + 50% speed resistor) - which i would love to replace with 1 bigger to remove the second worst noise source...but it just wont fit..at least not straight
    1 CPU 92mm Noctua high pressure fan (controlled by SpeedFan) - which I also would prefer to have as 120mm to run at lower RPM and get a husher box, but no way that will work
    1 GPU 92mm Noctua high pressure fan (not cotrolled ) - this bugger HAVE TO GO...I will not rest until then
    (1 PSU 120mm fan (totally inaudiable))

The GPU one is the one I am fighting with to get rid off, since it is easily the loudest (you can bearly hear the HTPC due to that fan when little ambient sound at night with little traffic), but I cant seem to get the 5770 to run cool enough without the fan at full tilt when running furmark torture test, not even with the HR-03 cooler.

Incredible that I cant get the card to run cooler without fan but with HR-03 even unclocked :/ Not even fan at 50% speed is enough to keep torture test from crashing GPU...darn

Boogie
    Last edited by BigBadBoogie; 04-12-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789