Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: France robs Ireland

Xtreme Mentor

France robs Ireland

I know most people here are from the US and dont care about football but this has to be shown.

Tonight the 2nd play off game between Ireland and France was played.

Ireland was the better team in the first game but failed to use their chances and lost 0-1.

Tonight they again where the better team and where leading after 90 min with 0-1.
    They played 2 good games only to lose by such a disgracefull foul in the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oBty...layer_embedded

2 things non of the referees saw. 1 french player off side during the long pas and Henry making a handball to prevent the ball from going behind the line and get it under control.

For years people have been demanding the use of camera footage and for years the Uefa and Fifa have been ignoring these demands. Every other sport goes with their times and uses camera footage to prevent wrong decisions but according to Platini football doesnt need it.

How utterly awfull is it to get this far as the underdog and to even deserve the win and then lose because 3 referees on the pitch are blind.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Admin
    Looks like there were 2 handballs on that one play....by #17 on the initial descent of the ball and by Henry to keep it inbounds. And definitely an off-sides as well.

That goal definitely was not deserved

Xtreme CCIE
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    I know most people here are from the US and dont care about football...
    Americans love football, you're talking about soccer

Seriously though, I agree that video replay should be in sports these days. I understand wanting to keep the nostalgia, but when you have cameras pointed at the net anyway it is a really hard argument to keep up.

For a long time professional hockey over here didn't have it either, because it "doesn't need it". Then my then-local team (Calgary Flames) was in game 7 for the Stanley Cup and - with the score tied - had a goal robbed from us at the end of the game that would have won it because video replay wasn't used... the result: the team that should have lost won the most important game in the NHL.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Seriously though, I agree that video replay should be in sports these days. I understand wanting to keep the nostalgia, but when you have cameras pointed at the net anyway it is a really hard argument to keep up.
    Every single play in college football is reviewed, and it doesn't help in the slightest. If anything, it makes the situation worse. I can't count the number of legitimate calls that have been overturned this year after video review.

naked X2 3800+ Toledo LCBIE 0618EPMW ]3020mhz@1.554v]
    TT BigTyphoon
    DFI LP UT NF4 Sli-D - 4/06 BT mod
    PCP&C Silencer 750w

2x1GB Mushkin XP4000 Samsung C-UCCC @253mhz 3,4,3,8 1T @ 2.65v
    eVGA 8800GT 512MB@ 787/1944/2244

Tell me about it.

I hope Henry dies of Ebola and his remains are consumed by pigs.

Xtreme Addict
    Yes it was an illegitimate goal because of the handball but lets be honest here. Who would you rather have at the World Cup.

Ireland who are a very average basic team with no flare at all. Or France who are former World Champions and do have some very exciting flare players but unfortunatley have a crap manager that doesnt know how to use them.

Id pick France everyday of the week. Ireland wont be missed at all as they never make Euro/WCs anyway.

Engineering The Xtreme
    f**k henry for being a ... god damn thats annoying.

rus and ukraine are already knocked from 2010, why shouldn't Ireland have its fair shot at going to the world cup? especially since cheating by the big squads is so rampant (italy vs australia in 06 anyone? italy should even have made it out of group play.)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the simple answer is that acting will always be a part of football...dont you think the football clubs could afford to buy cameras for the most popular sport in the world?

And honestly, speaking only about the game we saw last night, I wouldn't have allowed neither team to go to the WC >_<
    Both teamed sucked at playing soccer, whatever the reasons are. And I can't see the french team playing better in 6 months in South Africa.
    Here in France, some people are talking about 1998, where Aimé Jacquet (coach at that time) was saying to be a bad coach, and then he made us win the WC. And those people hope that it will be the same with Domenech. But hey, it's really hard to believe >_<

Funny thing, last night, there were more people celebrating Algeria team win than France team win in... France xD (speaking about the major cities, Paris, Lyon, Marseille)
    Sorry for my bad english, I'm trying to improve it

Quote Originally Posted by Scubar View Post
    Yes it was an illegitimate goal because of the handball but lets be honest here. Who would you rather have at the World Cup.

Ireland who are a very average basic team with no flare at all. Or France who are former World Champions and do have some very exciting flare players but unfortunatley have a crap manager that doesnt know how to use them.

Id pick France everyday of the week. Ireland wont be missed at all as they never make Euro/WCs anyway.
    The French were outplayed. They have no flare. What moon have you been living on? They haven't had flare since Zindane.

Xtreme Mentor

Ive read this many times already but i want the one who deserves it the most in South Africa.

This French team does not deserve to go to South Africa.
    I know that France is a bigger name and has won the WC and EC but this france isnt the team that won those trophys. The current French team is nothing compaired to the French team of 10 years ago. It has lots of big names but its a very bad team.

If they are really so much better then Ireland they wouldnt have finished 2nd in their group and they would have won both games in a fair way without using foul play.

Your supposed to go to the World Championship because you qualify for it and not because of some crappy foul and then people are ok with it because your team has the bigger reputation.
    Like said the current French squad sucks. Its entire rep is based on the performances of previous squads.

@Serra
    Dont make me smack you.

Atm the Uefa is having a test in the Europa League. They added 2 extra referees who stand next to the goals and are alowed to walk around in the box. But its turning out to be an epic fail. The times they walked into the box they stood in the way. And the few times that something happened in front of their nose they didnt see it cause they werent paying attention.

I hope the French get slaughtered just like in the last tourny.

@[XC] riptide
    No riots in Ireland?

I wonder what the french newspapers wrote.
    Groucho Marx

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    The French were outplayed. They have no flare. What moon have you been living on? They haven't had flare since Zindane.
    France have quite a few Flare players, the likes of Henry, Anelka, Ribery, Nasri can all produce moments of pure individual magic to create a chance or a goal. Unfortunately the manager is a muppet who doesnt know how to utilise them properly. The team as a whole isnt particularly exciting but when you have those sorts of players you can usually count on a moment of individual brilliance to stand out.

Ireland dont have a single flare player in their team, their best player is Shay Given and he is their goalie. The rest of them are pretty average players who play for average teams. Their next two best players are Keane and Dunne who play for Tottenham and Villa, That says alot about them really.
    Last edited by Scubar; 11-19-2009 at 09:41 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    I enjoy Henry as a player for the talent that he has, but that was ing dirty.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Worlds Fastest F5
    Unfortunately the manager is a muppet
    Oi!

That is insulting to Muppets, that is

ps. Team green was robbed!
    X5670 B1 @175x24=4.2GHz @1.24v LLC on
    Rampage III Extreme Bios 0003
    G.skill Eco @1600 (7-7-7-20 1T) @1.4v
    EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB
    Auzen X-FI Prelude
    Seasonic X-650 PSU
    Intel X25-E SLC RAID 0
    Samsung F3 1TB
    Corsair H70 with dual 1600 rpm fan
    Corsair 800D
    3008WFP A00

Xtreme Member
    what to say... handree is a new nickname xD
    i7 920 D0 @ 4ghz HT on + TRUE black + Noctua p12
    Gigabyte UD3R rev 1.6
    2x2 GB Mushkin Red Line 1600mhz CL6
    Gigabyte 6870 1080/1250 - testing in progress
    Antec 182
    Enermax revolution 850
    WD 1Tb
    www.pcaxe.com

I wonder what the french newspapers wrote.
    Things like "Hey, he made many things in his carreer that were great, so don't blame him because he made a little foul".
    And a state representative (Rama Yade) said that we can't know if it was intentional, so we can't blame him for it.

Globally, they say "He made a foul, but we're qualified, so that's cool".

This evening, a satiric TV show said that the future shoes of Henry will be... Gloves
    Sorry for my bad english, I'm trying to improve it

France have quite a few Flare players, the likes of Henry, Anelka, Ribery, Nasri can all produce moments of pure individual magic to create a chance or a goal. Unfortunately the manager is a muppet who doesnt know how to utilise them properly. The team as a whole isnt particularly exciting but when you have those sorts of players you can usually count on a moment of individual brilliance to stand out.

Ireland dont have a single flare player in their team, their best player is Shay Given and he is their goalie. The rest of them are pretty average players who play for average teams. Their next two best players are Keane and Dunne who play for Tottenham and Villa, That says alot about them really.
    Yes I forgot. Arsenal is the best Team in the world /looks at avatar of 'The Scum' jersey./

Ireland doesn't have a "flare" player because its not the style. England does not have a "flare" player, because its not the style played. Germany had no "flare" players when they won the World Cup last. (And its flair. )

Here's the thing though, they outplayed the French. And were winning away from home.

And BTW, Given is not the best player on the team. Not in my opinion anyway. He isn't a fantastic Keeper at all.
    Last edited by [XC] riptide; 11-19-2009 at 11:33 AM.

@[XC] riptide
    No riots in Ireland?
    No. But I'll be dining on "Freedom Fries", just like the Yanks from now on.

Xtreme Mentor
    Ireland requested a replay of the game.

The Fifa is thinking about it but i doubt theyl do it.
    Groucho Marx

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    Yes I forgot. Arsenal is the best Team in the world /looks at avatar of 'The Scum' jersey./

Ireland doesn't have a "flare" player because its not the style. England does not have a "flare" player, because its not the style played. Germany had no "flare" players when they won the World Cup last. (And its flair. )

Here's the thing though, they outplayed the French. And were winning away from home.

And BTW, Given is not the best player on the team. Not in my opinion anyway. He isn't a fantastic Keeper at all.
    So who would you say is the best on the team then ?

PS: Arsenal are the most exciting team to watch with their style of football.

Xtreme Member
    Guy of a Irish clan i used to be in posted some stuff on their forum.

And heres a nice wiki page
    http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=326715091

» Xeon X3360 @ 3.7 ~ 1.304 VCore
    » TRUE Black ~ Dual GT AP-14
    » Rampage Formula (Bios 902)
    » Corsair Dominator 8500C5D 2x2GB
    » X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro
    » Asus HD5850
    » 80GB X25-M G2 ~ 40GB X25-V ~ 2x WD10EADS (RAID 1)
    » Seasonic X-750
    » Lian Li PC-A05N

So who would you say is the best on the team then ?

PS: Arsenal are the most exciting team to watch with their style of football.
    I would have to say O' Shea, TBH. He's a solid player and generally consistent. You might know him. He plays for Man. United.. one of those "average teams"

Xtreme Addict
    O'Shea is average, Hence why he never gets into Utds team unless they are completely dessimated by injuries like currently. He isnt a first team player so cannot be considered good in the first place. Dunne and Keane play first team football week in week out.

Xtreme Legend
    NOW you guys know how Australians felt about Italians diving in overtime at world cup to get a penalty to beat us 1:0 to advance to next round

ing shameless bastard Henry....i would really hate to be an Irish football fan man
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Earzz View Post
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast