Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Project Slumber Parties UPDATED 11-19-09 10:05PM

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by scgt1 View Post
    Talk with me when I'm done with the sleeving. LOL
    I'm actually interested O.o
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Maximus View Post
    For the love of God, is this a constant rant thread or a build thread?
    Well you do realize you have the right to "STAY OUT" of my build log if the content isn't to your liking. Last time I checked it is "MY" build log and the details contained inside are in reference to the build!

Therefore

My log my content. You have the right to follow along in my missery or move on and watch another build. No one forces you to read through my ranting. Although its all in relation to the build in some form or another. I don't get on here and about the electric bill or my dog running away or any thing like that. Its all build related.

Why you edited the Just build off the message I don't know, but I can't build if I don't have anything to build.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkItZo View Post
    Any worklog of the girl in your avatar?
    HEAT
    EBAY

Project Slumber Parties aka PSP Liquid Cooling Work Log

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    I'm actually interested O.o
    Like I said get with me when I say I'm done with sleeving everything and we can talk about your I/O panel. I actually have another one here so you wouldn't really have to shut your rig down. Perfect for you huh?
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Addict
    Like I said get with me when I say I'm done with sleeving everything and we can talk about your I/O panel. I actually have another one here so you wouldn't really have to shut your rig down. Perfect for you huh?
    Damn! Convenience at its finest.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Damn! Convenience at its finest.
    TO ScottALot:
    What colors are you thinking about? There is another guy that does custom sleeving on EVGA forums that actually has a stock pile of MDPC sleeving. I'm actually needing to place another order around $100 bucks probably. He is much better than me and has some kind of system down where every heatshrink is perfectly lined up with in like a decimeter or something. I kept stretching the sleeving out the length of the wire I was about to do and then go to slide it on only to find I was an inch short or so. I ended up sliding them on then cutting them off on the last two things after I foobared on one of the I/O wires So its a little short but under the case and out of site so meh.

LOL its only because I got screwed by the first powder coater and had to pick up another case. :-( Thankfully the second case was only $50 lol Stole it from the kid.

So sometime or another I will blast the old case and build something with it too. So I can stop using my laptop as a workhorse. LOL

Update incoming.

Look out OC Maximus it includes building.
    Last edited by scgt1; 09-01-2010 at 08:18 AM.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Some painting and look out building

I'm starting to run out of things I can do prior to getting the case back. So I put the Lamptron inverter back together and dug out the model paints and went ahead and accented the lines on the feet.

Next I had to set up a jig to make use of the model paint I had to dig out.
    I'm not as steady as I used to be. Makes me wonder if I can ever do the boxes of models I haven't had time for.

End result and a little toy from across the globe in the UK.

That's all for now. I think all I can work on anymore would be sleeving and I'm not sure how much more of that I can get away with. Since I'm running real low on supplies.
    Last edited by scgt1; 09-01-2010 at 11:23 AM.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just got off the phone with Per PC's considering I was being ignored through customer service via e-mail in regards to the RX480 radiator and RMA exchange is in process.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Great log, love the rants! Mostly because you kick em in the face when they don't act their part. I can't believe your luck, I'll try and remember to include you in any future prayers

Keep going!
    P8P67Deluxe
    2500K @ 5046 MHZ
    8 GB Ripjaws
    MSI 660 TI PE

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ovard View Post
    Great log, love the rants! Mostly because you kick em in the face when they don't act their part. I can't believe your luck, I'll try and remember to include you in any future prayers

Keep going!
    Thanks.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Addict
    Looking good scgt1. It's been a long haul but you're making progress in the right direction. As for the XSPC tops, TBH I would just order another NEW top. You're getting several different revisions of older and new products. Also, glad to hear PPCs helped you out. James tends to be helpful over there. I think they deal with a lot of BS but it's been my experience that James will go the extra mile to make things right. Hell, he might even give you a sponsorship on some small items... Just to make up for the hassle :-)

Keep it up.... and I still can't wait to see the new paint job (I know you are having it super powder ceramatized or whatever and not actual normal paint lol just excited to see the finish!!! )
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinas View Post
    Looking good scgt1. It's been a long haul but you're making progress in the right direction. As for the XSPC tops, TBH I would just order another NEW top. You're getting several different revisions of older and new products. Also, glad to hear PPCs helped you out. James tends to be helpful over there. I think they deal with a lot of BS but it's been my experience that James will go the extra mile to make things right. Hell, he might even give you a sponsorship on some small items... Just to make up for the hassle :-)

Keep it up.... and I still can't wait to see the new paint job (I know you are having it super powder ceramatized or whatever and not actual normal paint lol just excited to see the finish!!! )
    PPCs didn't help me out. They wanted me to pay shipping to them and return for the item I actually ordered. (I forgot to update this) I called in and asked why and was told by Jame's "Thats the way it is" and I was hung up on. I've tried to email Hank and its obviously made its way to the trash can.

I will never do business with PPc's again. I've read numerous complaints since this has happened about PPCs and especially James. No offense to your good doings with him, but he is about as unprofessional as a 2 year old in and office job.

So I've now contacted my bank and I'm in process of filing for a charge back against PPC's. For the total amount of the sale minus the Rad cost and shipping to them as well as what it cost to ship to me in the first place. Then I will get a MO for the cost of the rad itself and mail that with the rad back to them and NEVER do business with their shadily ran company again.

Some people praise them. While others get screwed by them. I unfortunatly am one of the screwee's. I've had problems with their CS in the past, but this by far has got to be the worst online sales dealing I have had. EVER! To clearly get the exact opposite of what I ordered then be told that I have to pay for their screw up. Further more to be shut up in mid sentence when simply asking why I was to pay for shipping for their mistake. To being hung up on. Then ignored via email for one of two reasons:

1. They kept my email from getting to Hank.
    2. Hank just doesn't give a damn and blew me off too.

I also contacted XSPC, but as usual my luck with manufacturers led me no where. Their site says 2 days. Its been like a week and I haven't heard squat. So it might be my last time to deal with XSPC products. My list of NEVER deal with companies is starting to grow with this build.
    Last edited by scgt1; 09-08-2010 at 07:59 AM.
    HEAT
    EBAY

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Well you do realize you have the right to "STAY OUT" of my build log if the content isn't to your liking. Last time I checked it is "MY" build log and the details contained inside are in reference to the build!

Therefore

My log my content. You have the right to follow along in my missery or move on and watch another build. No one forces you to read through my ranting. Although its all in relation to the build in some form or another. I don't get on here and about the electric bill or my dog running away or any thing like that. Its all build related.

Why you edited the Just build off the message I don't know, but I can't build if I don't have anything to build.
    Out of respect to XS and the fine members on this forum, I've sent you a pm.

OCM

Xtreme Enthusiast
    9-26-10 Update time and some more goodies as well as my RMA Don GT's

Well I've been very busy lately and haven't had much around to work on in the spare time I have had. We just got back from 3 days over in Dallas for the 2010 RNID Symposium for Nuerological diseases such as Transverse Myelitis and MS. Headed up by the John's Hopkins Hospital in Maryland.

So the last three days have been extremely early days of 4am so I can gather my marbles then get Barbara up and ready to make the 30 minute drive to Dallas. Saturday morning was very eventful considering it was raining.

We rounded the bend on I30 eastbound coming up to I35E in Dallas when ahead of us I saw an 18 wheeler slam into the guardrail then come over onto the top of the guard rail ahead. I could see it shifting back and forth as it was breaking the posts. All this happening in the dark wet conditions while we were in the fast lane because that is the lane I needed for the exit. Had we been a little earlier we may have been hit by the truck or debris. I started slowing down and hit my flashes and pulled up to the rig slowly while it was coming to a stop and parked behind the rear half of the trailer directly in the fast lane with my hazards on. Then ran to check on the driver. While running I could smell diesel fuel. A vast amount of it.

The driver was ok, but a little shaken up. I tried to get the guy out of the truck, but he wanted to find his phone. I went around to the passenger side which was halfway in the fast lane of the westbound lane. People were navigating the debris slowly but no one was stopping. I then noticed why there was a massive amount of diesel fuel and why the ground was so slick. The passenger fuel take was sitting two lanes over in the center of the west bound lane with a gash down the side of it. debris was all over the highway. No other cars were involved that I could tell on that side.

My main concern was to get to the other side of the truck where the van was parked with my fiance and her service dog as well as the truck driver to flag people over since no one was really slowing down because of the rain and the trucks headlights being busted out they couldn't even tell there was an accident other then the right side hazard that was visible on the back of our van. Finally the fire department showed up on the westbound side. The flashing lights are what finally made the people in the eastbound lanes slow down. Come to find out the truck driver just fueled up with 200 gallons of diesel. So the roadway was covered and I was sliding all over in the stuff with the rain mixing with it. I think my brand new tennis shoes are trashed. I've washed them 3 times and they still smell of diesel. lol eh oh well.

I spend the day soaked and freezing the the rooms at the hotel for the Symposium. Thankfully I had another pair of shoes in the van so I could take my soaked socks off and the shoes that reaked of diesel as well as the soaked shoes. So I went sockless all day, but my feet were dry. I washed my legs off in the bathroom at the hotel with soap and what must have been half a roll of paper towel because they were covered in oil and diesel fuel from the rain making it all splash up since it started pouring right before the fire department said I could go with being the first on scene.

So the Symposium is over and I can finally upload some pictures from Friday night.

Several days ago I finished the 4 way y fan adapters:

I then ordered this great combo deal a few days ago I believe I received it on Thursday. Total $93 bucks I believe.

Then my ram from Corsair "FINALLY" came back. I hope to never have to deal with their system again. Its well close to a month total to turn around. For the original price I paid that is completely uncalled for. Any other company has taken maybe a week to turn around including when you file for RMA. Corsair takes a minimum of 2 days before they respond to answers or questions. I don't understand why they have you run memtest if they are going to go through the ram with a fine toothed comb for 10 days.

For those wondering the kit number is:
    CMT6GX3M3A2000C8
    According to the department this is the only kit they make and have available now in the 3x2GB 2000 Form factor. So if you have Elphida Hypers die that you paid near $500 for they are going to give you these cheap "IC" sticks that retail for $249.99 at Newegg. So get ready to kiss that investment goodby. I was not happy with this what so ever. As I'm sure many have noticed.

I believe there should have been some form of monetary adjustment done along with the RMA. Considering the Elphida Hyper chips were more money then the standard (cheap IC) chips. The last of the Hyper IC chips I saw at Newegg were going for $409.99 while there was the same kit just different IC's for around $279. So the Elphida obviously costed the company more to produce therefore those of us that now have to settle for second best should be getting some money back with the RMA's I believe. I know I'm not the only one with these views on this matter. Nor would anyone with common sense be against the thought either. But whats done is done and well Corsair are money hungry, but unwilling to fix the problem after it happens so I believe I'm done with them as a company from now on.

Now to the case:

Stopped by I would say Wednesday maybe it was Thursday at Specialized Performance Coatings to check on the case. Everything was blasted, but the side panels and top and bottom panels. So progress has begun on the case. I would assume it will be ready around my next pay check. I hope so anyway. I spent the money for the case this time on another goodie that I will be saving $165 bucks on and I had slated for the build anyway. Just not as large as this one. Bigger is better right?
    This item should arrive on Tuesday although will be late after dark as that is when they have delivered the last two times. Close to 8pm. :-( I want our old guy to come out of retirement. Man 10am on the dot since UPS is right around the corner. :wallbash:

I believe that is really all for now. Until I get more items in there really isn't anything I can do. I'm waiting to hear back from FrozenQ on if he dropped a replacement black light in the mail for one of my reservoirs since its defective. I need to calculate the last of the MDPC sleeving I need for doing sata cables, the ccfl lights and I'm contemplating doing the exterior cables outside the back of the case. Anyone else ever do this? I want to clean it up some, but don't know if that's going to be too much overkill or not.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Addict
    Wow man, nice progress so far. Never a lack of drama in your life is there? lol

Still looking forward to seeing the new paint job. (I know it's not paint but don't know what else to call it!) I have that same RAM and TBH I wouldn't worry about the Elpida hyper kits. The Elpida hyper's are known to die prematurely. Corsair should send you MORE RAM to make up for the price difference though.
    Last edited by Vinas; 09-27-2010 at 10:23 AM.
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme 3D Team
    Then my ram from Corsair "FINALLY" came back. I hope to never have to deal with their system again. Its well close to a month total to turn around. For the original price I paid that is completely uncalled for. Any other company has taken maybe a week to turn around including when you file for RMA. Corsair takes a minimum of 2 days before they respond to answers or questions. I don't understand why they have you run memtest if they are going to go through the ram with a fine toothed comb for 10 days.

For those wondering the kit number is:
    CMT6GX3M3A2000C8
    According to the department this is the only kit they make and have available now in the 3x2GB 2000 Form factor. So if you have Elphida Hypers die that you paid near $500 for they are going to give you these cheap "IC" sticks that retail for $249.99 at Newegg. So get ready to kiss that investment goodby. I was not happy with this what so ever. As I'm sure many have noticed.

I believe there should have been some form of monetary adjustment done along with the RMA. Considering the Elphida Hyper chips were more money then the standard (cheap IC) chips. The last of the Hyper IC chips I saw at Newegg were going for $409.99 while there was the same kit just different IC's for around $279. So the Elphida obviously costed the company more to produce therefore those of us that now have to settle for second best should be getting some money back with the RMA's I believe. I know I'm not the only one with these views on this matter. Nor would anyone with common sense be against the thought either. But whats done is done and well Corsair are money hungry, but unwilling to fix the problem after it happens so I believe I'm done with them as a company from now on.
    You should probably realize that Elpida Hyper was condemned as End Of Life by Elpida mid way through last year. Last orders were taken at a higher price, and that was it. Corsair is a popular brand as you know, and Eplida Hyper isn't the most reliable ram, as you should know, and...they ran out of RMA (all) supply. Your new modules are PSC chips, which are cerftified to run at 2000 8-9-8 @ 1.5v. You should realize that this is all they had, because...Elpida Hypers of 2000 CL8 bin are not worth $400 anymore. More like $250. (See here, a 3x2GB 2000 CL8 Elpida Hyper kit for $209: http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?...nel-Memory-Kit)

Corsair are not money hungry, they are just unable to give you anything else. They have no Hyper left, and they sure as heck are not RMA'ing you with super binned PSC that costs $650.

As far as PSC being "cheap"...no, not really. tRCD must be run slightly higher than Elpida Hyper, but you should realize pretty quick that your sticks will do 2000 7-9-7 with 1.6v or so when your 2000 8-8-8 Hypers may have done 2000 7-8-7 @ 1.65v. It's a modest trade off.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 09-27-2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Smile

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I know the whole rma thing sucks. but I sell it for a living ram pricing fluxuates widely depending on silicon and demand. Your not getting "ripped off"

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme Enthusiast
    10-9-10 Some powder coated parts

Been a while since the last update. I was forced to file a claim with my bank over the miss-hap at Per PC's. Funny enough they were willing to do the correct thing (they should have done this weeks ago) once Mastercard dropped them a nice phone call.

So I've since reordered another RX480 from Jab-Tech this time around. John was very helpful in understanding the situation I went through and was more then happy to physically check the radiators they had in stock to insure they did in fact carry matte black.

That I would think should arrive today and I can start putting a few things together once it does.

As for powder coating. I received a call from Michael at Specialized Performance Coatings about the dual paint on the top and bottom panels. Needless to say there was really no way to avoid bleed through once the powder was heated up. Therefore the top and bottom panels will not be red internally due to all the angles and holes for the grills. Not too big of a deal I suppose it will offset the mass of red anyway. So I picked up all the red pieces and the rest should be finished Mon-Tues next week. Today while looking everything over good I do need to take 3 pieces back for a 2nd coat due to there not being enough coverage. Not too big of an issue.

Now on the other hand the hold down plate and the insert for the Apogee XT got plenty of coating. So much where I had to take a razor knife and scrape it mainly off where it seats against and inside the waterblock. I didn't even think this would have been a problem due to they were already coated from Manufacturer from copper. So I spent a good time last night scraping off powdercoating around the edges of both pieces. Unfortunally you can somewhat see it on the edges of the block insert. Fortunatly though you cannot tell on the block hold down. So its a toss up I guess.

I really like the look of it as is. Since the original plan was to not have anything silver or chrome I didn't want the insert or the hold down their original colors. Unfortunatly the GPU block is Nickel. I guess I can have one thing stick out like a sore thumb. LOL

I would have gotten a shot of the block complete, but to be honest I have about 5 parts boxes waiting for assembly of this build and I have no clue where the rest of the block is at this time. LOL Once I get everything I just know it will take a month to assemble.

So without further delay and ramblings I give you some of Specialized Performance Coatings of Arlington, TX work.......

Had to pull out the Dremel and put some wire disks on to bur off the powder on the shaft because these puppies weren't going on without it.

I'm hoping the pooling that is at the corners of the front and back piece's won't effect the fitament into the top and bottom panels of the case since they are slotted. :worried:

Now for some comparison shots of the work of Ideal Coatings vs Specialized Performance Coatings

I also ordered this guy a few weeks ago and have it up and running in a dual boot with win xp on a spinning drive to utilize my Act Labs Force RS setup since Act Labs dropped driver support after XP. That's a $600 investment I really enjoy being able to still utilize. I think I would be forced to save up for that $1500 job out there otherwise. Nothing comes close to a great performing racing setup when your as much into racing as I am.

Also I'll update this post instead of turning around and making another one. I started typing this in the wee hours this morning and just got around to uploading the photos and such and since that package I figured would arrive today arrived. So It has some issues also. Some messed up fins (not bad enough for an RMA) but it also has two crimped coils that I'm worried about. So I've been in contact with John at Jab-Tech this evening about it and took some shots to send to him. Still awaiting his thoughts.

It consisted of the typical box damage I've seen with three of these radiators now. Where it looks as if they are stacked too high in shipment from the manufacturer. So the top gets smooshed. My RX360 and the original RX480 from PerPCs both had the screw package on top of the rad which there was not a single bent or tweaked fin on the RX360 but there was on the first RX480 as well as the new one from Jab-Tech. Although the one from Jab-Tech had the screw package tucked away on the side of the radiator instead of on top. Yet there was still some minor fin damage located on both sides. Its as if they are being handled roughly while packaging or something. Still doesn't really explain the damage to the coils though in two separate locations.

One of the coils looks much worse off then the other and actually appears as if it could leak with pressure. Although I haven't pulled out a magnifying glass and looked it at though.

So Still awaiting word on what John at Jab-Tech thinks. Michael at SP Coatings told me on Friday that the other 4 panels should be done Mon-Tuesday. Although I have two small grills to take back for a second coat and the motherboard tray for a second coat. As well the fittings need to be ceramic coated yet. Hopefully it will all be done Tuesday at the latest. I'm looking at placing another order for MDPC-X sleeving. not sure if I will jump on a group buy at EVGA or just order from nil's myself as the shipping in the group currently is a bit too high unless some more jump in and cause the cost to lower some.

I'm looking at some more small sleeve for Cathods as well some cable hold downs and sata sleeving.
    I havent' heard back from FrozenQ about sending me a replacement Cathod for a helix res so i guess I will be looking at replacing the defective light on my own dime. So I need to search out 8" Black light ccfl's and get a few for future use. Also may need some ccfl extension wires considering I'm looking at 4 12" tubes and the black light ones for the helix reservoirs. I'm looking at tucking the inverter away and believe that the cables won't be long enough on at least two of the 12" tubes. :dremel:

I did find the hold down's for the XT block and I've been working on repainting those the hammered steel since they were well chipped up and used. Couldn't have the sexy block being held down by sub par looking retainers.:duh:

Anyway that's all for now I suppose.
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Addict
    That block is damn epic! With the paintjob, it reminds me of the shape of the Enzotech Stealth.

Xtreme Enthusiast

10-17-10 Just a little update and some pics

10-17-10 Just a little update and some pics.

After many emails back and forth with John at Jab-Tech over the RX480 I hooked it up to a pump and pressure tested the creases in the two coils. No leaks so I'm going to use the one he sent me. If no one has ever taken a look into Jab-Tech I highly recommend them. Hands on and personal something you don't see anymore in companies. Why, because its a small few man operation so they haven't been overrun by the business monopoly so many business's have as of late. I even got a response from John while at home watching a toddler on a Sunday. I even requested it not be answered until Monday when he is at work so he can have some family away from work time. Although he didn't heed to my wishes. LOL

So I took it out to the light box and did a few shots with the RX360. There is a bit of matte black difference, but its for sure not a gloss black like the previous one from PerPCs that caused such a big ordeal. I'm happy and John's happy I'm sure now that he has one less out of his inventory.

Since I was keeping the RX480 I pulled out the fans I ordered and the rad stand from the UK on Friday morning. I went to mount everything up to find that the already powder coated rad stand to find that the slots for the fittings on a radiator were not correctly cnced for the RX480. to have the holes line up for the bottom fan I would have to have the rad at an angle and not straight up and down due to the welded on nuts of the rad comming in contact with the rad stand. So I had to pull out the trusty dremmel and hack away. This was the day I should have been picking up the rest of the case.

So I called Michael at Specialized Performance Coating and told him about the dilema and that I needed one other piece coated. He told me to bring it by because he was about to do the other pieces. Later in the day Friday I received a call that the case parts weren't taking the 2nd coat well and were not consistent. He said that the panels would have to be burned so they could get the powder off in the spray booth to start over on them. So I should be getting the case done this week sometime.

In the meantime I heard from Hugo in New Orleans from Cangogh and my art work is done, but he is awaiting one of them to dry more before shipping. He said he will try to get them out tomorrow priority mail. So things appear to be finally coming together. Although I have several odd ball things to still order.

I finally found the hold downs for my cpu block and thought they needed an improvement. Due to:
    1. The paint being jacked up on the screws
    2. The paint being gloss black

So I pulled out the hammered steel and shot all 8 pieces. When done I set it all together and noticed there was no white and there was too much black in one spot. So I ended up with the following sexiness!!!!

Man I can't get enough of that block. I almost don't even notice the scuffs on the block insert where I had to scrape down the coating to get it to fit into the block. LOL I still of course know its there and wish I could do something about it. :-(

Oh yea and I've been in contact with Alex at FrozenQ for a while about my old style Helix reservoirs that have been sitting in a box wrapped up for most of this build. Well about the last 9 months or so. Where one black light bulb is defective and I can't get all the gloss black caps off to paint them a different color. (Since I'm not doing anything in gloss black) Well the conclusion of all those pms should be heading out in the mail on Monday. That of which I'm highly surprised about. I really only mentioned the fact of having them so long and this build being a up and down battle from day one (When FedEx delivered the case to the wrong house and I had to go find it) to everything else I have encountered that my luck one or both of the reservoirs would leak by the time I got to use them. Alex is reassuring that I wont have to worry about that issue and I wont need to bother with trying to get the caps off my reservoirs and paint them either. So I'm stoked with the fix for these problems he has approached me with. :rock:

On top of what I've worked on this past few days. I've been burning brush for 12 hours+ a day clearing out all the old branches that were cleared off the lot next door and everything here at the house from the last year for 8 days straight. Some of those branches went to use on the deck for Halloween decorations which took a day in its own right to setup. I had my kiddos this weekend also so I've been very busy lately. Its a good thing I didn't get the rest of the case on Friday. It would have just sat around. or gotten damaged Saturday night while my girls and a neighborhood girl were camping out in a tent in the back yard saturday night. Its just been busy busy lately.

So more when I get it or is it get time or both.........:dremel::thumb:
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Addict
    ^ Makes me wonder why they don't sell blocks like that... that looks so much more amazing than the original.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ^ Makes me wonder why they don't sell blocks like that... that looks so much more amazing than the original.
    Thanks!
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Guru
    Because neutral color finish makes it better fit in all kind of color themes builds out there, and releasing several different finish blocks makes less business sense/increases price/unsold inventory of unpopular colors.

Xtreme Enthusiast

10-22-10 Art Update

10-22-10 Art update

Well got an email from Hugo in New Orleans. My art is on its way to TX. Also got somewhat bad news also, but for good reason. Hugo has been doing spray paint art for 27 years and is nearing 50 years of age so he will be throwing in the towel soon. From what I gathered sometime in the next 6 months. His great art will be missed dearly. Its a shame I didn't meet him sooner then April of 2010.

For anyone interested you can see some of his bio here

He has been featured in many news articles and runs a restaurant, club, art gallery, and is head of the Jazz fest in New Orleans. He used to perform in front of Arbys on Canal street Friday and Saturday nights around dark until 12-1am in the morning. I'm not sure where he is performing still or when but if anyone is interested that lives in the area or would like to take a trip and see what he does let me know and I will find out. Keep in mind its not going to be for much longer as life is just plain catching up with him and he would like to move on and pursue other ventures while he still has time.

So hopefully I will receive some artwork early next week and possibly my case will be finished tomorrow. Yesterday I called and he was done with the wrinkle black on the four panels. He just had to ceramic coat the fittings and powder the mobo tray again and the two outer grills on the HAF face. Then it will be done. I'm hoping he will have it finished well I guess its today since its after midnight so that means I called on Wednesday not yesterday. LOL Oh well. anyway until then.......
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Should have some eye candy this afternoon. WOOT!!!!!
    HEAT
    EBAY

Xtreme 3D Team
    It looks good. Have you tested your ram yet?
    Smile

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast