Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASUS EAH5970: Hail to the new KING !

Xtreme Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MpG View Post
    ... ATI's got some work to do on their driver support for this card.
    The story of ATI's life.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Hound View Post
    What was the crysis setting's in Wizzards review ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vit^pr0n View Post
    I'd like to know as well. The scaling just looks too unreal
    I pm'd him myself, according to him its all set to ultra max settings.

all on ultra afaik. i never changed the settings between the different cards, so the relative increase does apply. yes 9.6 from june
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kadozer
    I noticed your Crysis vanilla results for 5970 is very impressive. Was that with 16af all enthusiast for 1920 and up resolution?

Also you state 9.6 Catalyst. Is that from Catalyst from last June? or a special review catalyst driver?

I only ask because some people on other forums doubting your result and I want to clear it up.

So, what does this Asus card offers different than the other reference 5970s apart from the fancy software bundle? (software and bios can be transfered to other brand's reference cards right?)

Xtreme Member
    Wonder if you can just flash a 5870 bios onto both cores of this 5970 and just run it at 5870 speed of 850/1200 for 24/7?

Xtreme Addict
    Good luck trying to find one to buy before Christmas... you think 5850/5870's are hard to find...

Xtreme Member
    i think i'll wait for the dual 5950

Xtreme Enthusiast
    5 in stock in nz, sapphire brand

Xtreme Addict
    Sapphire HD5970 here in Greece retails for 565€. That's the only one listed in Greece so far
    It's not available yet, but from what I've heard it will be available in relatively small quantities, at least for the time being.

@jt digital: Why 2 x 5950s ? I'd prefer 2 x 5870s instead Bad thing is that we have to wait for the drivers to mature. And it's so typical of ATi to never have proper drivers for gaming... For the first two months we're going to see their full power being unleashed on benchmarks only.

@lowdog: Can't seem to understand your logic behind this post Why not just raising the voltages a bit and overclock both the core and the memory without having to flash 5870's BIOS ?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by George_o/c View Post
    Sapphire HD5970 here in Greece retails for 565€. That's the only one listed in Greece so far
    It's not available yet, but from what I've heard it will be available in relatively small quantities, at least for the time being.

@jt digital: Why 2 x 5950s ? I'd prefer 2 x 5870s instead Bad thing is that we have to wait for the drivers to mature. And it's so typical of ATi to never have proper drivers for gaming... For the first two months we're going to see their full power being unleashed on benchmarks only.

@lowdog: Can't seem to understand your logic behind this post Why not just raising the voltages a bit and overclock both the core and the memory without having to flash 5870's BIOS ?
    HD5970
    HD5950 (waiting for this, i think it will be released by christmas)
    HD5870
    HD5850

i think it will offer the best bang for the buck, we'll see, waiting on reviews...
    Last edited by jtdigital; 11-18-2009 at 06:58 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    HD5950 is supposed to consist of 2 x 5850s without the extra two SIMD units ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12