Thread: Nvidia Fermi GF100 working desktop card spotted on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by s0lid View Post
    Well here's that picture analysed, no idea who did it but:

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BAGR_001 View Post
    lol dude, you got too much time

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Also, an argument isn't ad hominem if the person doesn't try and use the attack as proof of a point. You can make fun of someone all you want to in a valid argument.
    Yeah, I know the rules of logical fallacies. It seemed like he was simply leaving out the implied "Therefore...". But if he just came in the thread to insult a bunch of people and didn't really have any point, that doesn't really make the post any better.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solus Corvus View Post
    Yeah, I know the rules of logical fallacies. It seemed like he was simply leaving out the implied "Therefore...". But if he just came in the thread to insult a bunch of people and didn't really have any point, that doesn't really make the post any better.
    Hi.... I'm just laughing and smiling for what I see could only be seen as funny. If the shoe fits, then I suggest you try it on. It is waiting for you.

Xtreme Addict
    Question:

Why would they, when they feel the need to fake a picture for facebook, be as incompetent as to place the system that the monitor is actually plugged into, right next to the 'fake' Fermi system in said picture (together with that ominous second mouse)? Wouldn't it be more convincing to have just the 'fake' Fermi system in the picture and the 'real' system right left to the monitor, where it could never be seen unless you're able to zoom into pictures like in CSI?

Then again, a fake picture on a platform for fake friends is just about an adequate way of gaining publicity, a befitting follow-up for that wooden-screw-fermi-mockup-desaster.

So what is right and wrong here?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooProphetII View Post
    Hi.... I'm just laughing and smiling for what I see could only be seen as funny. If the shoe fits, then I suggest you try it on. It is waiting for you.
    So you think that believing the picture is probably real is being gullible and ignorant? I'd like to see you try and defend that position. Lol.

Xtreme Addict
    Well maybe they have more than one fermi setup shown in the picture, why is the picture limited to one possible fermi, its endless speculation.

Its a supposed picture of fermi, if you want to see a working fermi get some tickets and goto SC09.
    Work Rig: Asus x58 P6T Deluxe, i7 950 24x166 1.275v, BIX2/GTZ/D5
    3x2048 GSkill pi Black DDR3 1600, Quadro 600
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 810

Game Rig: Asus x58 P6T, i7 970 24x160 1.2v HT on, TRUE120
    3x4096 GSkill DDR3 1600, PNY 660ti
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 830

AMD Rig: Biostar TA790GX A2+, x4 940 16x200, stock hsf
    2x2gb Patriot DDR2 800, PowerColor 4850
    Corsair VX450

Xtreme Addict
    Oh I would really like to see a working Fermi-type card, having one even more so. Because it looks like a winner for Folding and because it's actually a new design, not a blown-up version of G80. =)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    who knows for sure, with the huge amount of cable mess coming down from the unknown second system and the only cable seeming to come out of the "fermi" system being a monitor cable that's going straight downwith no apparent loopback
    Current System:
    eVGA 680i SLi "A2" P30 BIOS
    intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (currently at stock)
    OCZ ReaperX 4GB DDR2 1000 (running at DDR2 800 Speeds with cas4)
    320GB Seagate 7200.10
    XFX 8800GT XXX 512MB (stock clocks)
    auzentech X-Fi Prelude
    PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 Quad Copper
    Win XP Pro

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solus Corvus View Post
    So you think that believing the picture is probably real is being gullible and ignorant? I'd like to see you try and defend that position. Lol.
    I don't need to defend it, as the reason why you guys are so quick to jump at this either positive or negative is the exact reason why I pass comments the way I do. Edit (However, I do feel that the negative deserve more of a laugh then the positive, for the positive leans towards hope, and the negative, well what exactly do you gain?) If the age group invovled were between 12 and 16 I could somehow comprehend the reason for reaction, but I doubt that the age group is limited to those numbers.
    Last edited by VoodooProphetII; 11-18-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    I don't need to defend it, as the reason why you guys are so quick to jump at this either positive or negative is the exact reason why I pass comments the way I do. Edit (However, I do feel that the negative deserve more of a laugh then the positive, for the positive leans towards hope, and the negative, well what exactly do you gain?) If the age group invovled were between 12 and 16 I could somehow comprehend the reason for reaction, but I doubt that the age group is limited to those numbers.
    So simply looking at a picture and making up our own minds about the probability of being real or not is being gullible and ignorant? The only ones that aren't gullible and ignorant are picture agnostics?

Xtreme Member
    Hi Solus Corvus.... don't take my comments too personal. I'm just messing with you. But I do find it funny.... no wait....interesting how passionate some of us get about certain topics.

Anyways, not worries. Just tired and need to go and sleep. ha ha ha

Xtreme Addict
    Hi Solus Corvus.... don't take my comments too personal. I'm just messing with you. But I do find it funny.... no wait....interesting how passionate some of us get about certain topics.

Anyways, not worries. Just tired and need to go and sleep. ha ha ha
    I'm not taking it very personally. I'm just trying to figure out what your point is. I can't seem to pin it down, but you are still using some form a fallacious reasoning, IMO.

Xtreme Member
    fallacious reasoning... Man those words are too muvh for me right now.

Let me put it this way. I feel that there are worse, or better things to be passionate about then a piece of non existing or existing computer hardware. But don't mind me. I am usually the only person thniking or reasoning this way.

Xtreme Addict
    fallacious reasoning... Man those words are too muvh for me right now.

Let me put it this way. I feel that there are worse, or better things to be passionate about then a piece of non existing or existing computer hardware. But don't mind me. I am usually the only person thniking or reasoning this way.
    Just because I'm passionate about nonexistent hardware doesn't mean I can't be as or more passionate about something else. How do you know what I do off these forums? Ever hear of a false dichotomy?

Xtreme Addict
    I find this to be the perfect place to get passionate about computer hardware. I would understand your reasoning voodoo if it was a 'Tupperware' forum but it is not. We are talking computer hardware amongst enthusiasts on a forum called 'Xtremesystems'. Correct me if I am in the wrong place. It is very easy to sit on the outside of everything and criticize. It another matter entirely to actually be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ethomaz View Post
    The card in that HP system isn't a Tesla
    Last edited by blob; 11-18-2009 at 02:08 PM.

take me to the manbar
    i think this senseless discussion will all be resolved when fermi is released and rapes on liquid nitrogen, because thats all i care about.
    Who cares if the card is really working or not, when it is released you will see. And if the 5970 is still better then so be it welldone ATI but i believe nvidia's got a big mother effing surprize waiting for us.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    i think this senseless discussion will all be resolved when fermi is released and rapes on liquid nitrogen, because thats all i care about.
    Who cares if the card is really working or not, when it is released you will see. And if the 5970 is still better then so be it welldone ATI but i believe nvidia's got a big mother effing surprize waiting for us.
    your right, it is big, it should hopefully perform nicely relative to its size

take me to the manbar
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    your right, it is big, it should hopefully perform nicely relative to its size
    lol love your sarcasm .

But i think we are all missing the point here, THAT IS ONE AWESOME LOOKING DRAGON on that screen

Xtreme Addict
    But i think we are all missing the point here, THAT IS ONE AWESOME LOOKING DRAGON on that screen
    Absolutely!!
    Work Rig: Asus x58 P6T Deluxe, i7 950 24x166 1.275v, BIX2/GTZ/D5
    3x2048 GSkill pi Black DDR3 1600, Quadro 600
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 810

Game Rig: Asus x58 P6T, i7 970 24x160 1.2v HT on, TRUE120
    3x4096 GSkill DDR3 1600, PNY 660ti
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 830

AMD Rig: Biostar TA790GX A2+, x4 940 16x200, stock hsf
    2x2gb Patriot DDR2 800, PowerColor 4850
    Corsair VX450

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah, it doesn't look half as good when rendered on a 5870!

Xtreme Guru
    i believe nvidia's got a big mother effing surprize waiting for us.
    I disagree, just look at NVIDIA's marketing in the past. When they had a winner, it was always well anounced and there was hardly any ambiguity as they were launched on time. Its the samething with intel vs amd, the company with the better product is always sure to launch first.

Just think about how fast the 4870 and 5870 came out compared to the r600, albeit supply was an issue at launch, but there were no major delays. If anything, the 5870 came out earlier than I expected, I thought they would have milked the 4870x2 a bit longer.

I do agree, the debate is senseless over whether that is a real card because more than likely NV will never reveal the truth unless it is advantageous to them (which I don't see happening). However there is also no real discussion needed on whether fermi will be game changing, simply put, if it didn't have problems, it would have been out already (there's no way you can deny that logic, because if its not true, then NV's product must either suck or their management is retarded).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by s0lid View Post
    Well here's that picture analysed, no idea who did it but:

That made my day.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Piotrsama View Post
    And not to forget the fermi "review" that surfaced on Youtube like one month ago!
    That was a great thread. Too bad it went away. I was having so much fun with it.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast