Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [PROJECT] - The Project

Xtreme Enthusiast

Talking [PROJECT] - The Project

Well, here is an odd name for something i've had in my mind for over 4 years. I finally decided to purchase the case of my dreams, the widely known and more-than-seen-and-modified Silverstone TJ07. This is not going to be just another TJ07 build, this will be my last case (hardware will be upgraded occasionally) so i'm going to make it special, hence the project name.

It's going to be all black inside, there will be acrylic panels fully customized for the needs of this build and already in production, and will feature a dual loop, one for CPU and Motherboard, the other being used for the graphics card. Enough talk, here's the hardware, most of it is from my older build. The current case will house my GF's PC in the future...

Computer parts:

- ASUS Rampage II Extreme motherboard
    - GSKILL Trident PC3-16000 6GB RAM
    - Intel Core i7 920 CPU
    - EVGA GTX295 video card (might change soon, undecided)
    - PCPower & Cooling 750W Power Supply
    - Intel X-25M SSD x2 (RAID0) for OS
    - Samsung HD103SJ 1TB x2 (RAID0) for games, data, etc
    - Alphacool LCD dual bay
    - Scythe KAZE Master fan controller

Watercooling parts:

- Two Swiftech MCP-350 pumps
    - EK Acetal top for the pumps
    - EK 150mm reservoirs
    - Watercool HeatKiller LT CPU waterblock
    - Feser 480 Radiator
    - Feser 240 Radiator
    - Black Ice GTS 240 Radiator (for the top, might not use it)
    - Fractal white fans (undecided, depends on looks)
    - Enzotech 3/8" ID 5/8" OD fittings
    - Bitspower full cover block for Rampage 2 Extreme
    - EK MOSFET waterblocks in acetal
    - EK Nickel and plexi full cover block for the video card (undecided on video card)
    - Feser tube, colour depending on theme but will probably be white/blue (undecided)
    - Aquaero, will use it if i find a place to put it where only the display can be seen (undecided)

Well, this is about it. I already bought some items and i currently await the fabrication of the acrylic parts so i can check proper clearance for every other component and what goes where.

First thing to get is obviously the case...

Here, starting to unpack and check whether everything is okay inside:

Yeah, poor neighbors... I play guitar and it's not soft music at all

Oh, there you are Doesn't look bad, let's proceed

Out of the box, everything seems to be in place. This is the older version, but it doesn't really matter as the tray will be *heavily* modified. I said modified, not butchered, no worries there

Some of the guys that will make part of this project, first ones to arrive

I really love this pump, loads of pressure and no noise operating.

Schythe Kaze Master, my preferred fan controller, will help me control noise/performance if required. Also it will cut down the dull look of the front case panels.

Swiftechs...

One of them has to be returned, it's missing some sort of holder in the bottom

Unpacking the Kaze Master is a delight. Carefully packed, looks like it's got real high quality, and i surely hope so.

Components...

Blurryness

Still with the protective film applied. Looks great tho

Last but not least, the great EK reservoir, let's see which colour will you hold inside

I love these brackets. Eddie surely knows his thing, looks great.

That's it for now, currently waiting for the radiators, more blocks and most importantly the acrylic parts which will allow me to proceed butch... er... modifying the TJ07

Yes, there's an SLR being planned in the future as well as some photo lessons

Enjoy!
    Last edited by NaMcO; 11-16-2009 at 05:35 AM.
    ASUS Sabertooth P67B3· nVidia GTX580 1536MB PhysX · Intel Core i7 2600K 4.5GHz · Corsair TX850W · Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    8GB GSKill Sniper PC3-16000 7-8-7 · OCZ Agility3 SSD 240GB + Intel 320 SSD 160GB + Samsung F3 2TB + WD 640AAKS 640GB · Corsair 650D · DELL U2711 27"

Xtreme Member
    Very nice Mr namco , good case but one of the most used anyway , unveil it also in Aqua hahahaa

Hope to see progress in it soon

Saudaçoes .

Can't wait to see the progress on this one, especially considering the wonderful job you did on Storm Sniper!

Xtreme Member
    Busted lol

Fractal Arc Midi
    Asus P8Z77V-PRO
    Intel Core I7 3770K
    Corsair Hydro H80
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaw-X 2133Mhz
    eVGA GTX670 SC 2GB
    Corsair AX-850W Gold

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    Very nice Mr namco , good case but one of the most used anyway , unveil it also in Aqua hahahaa

Hope to see progress in it soon

Saudaçoes .
    It'll be there soon, worry not

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Can't wait to see the progress on this one, especially considering the wonderful job you did on Storm Sniper!
    Thank you shazza, if everything goes well it will turn into a real great build. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by LinkinParkBoy View Post
    Busted lol
    No offtopic please
    ASUS Sabertooth P67B3· nVidia GTX580 1536MB PhysX · Intel Core i7 2600K 4.5GHz · Corsair TX850W · Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    8GB GSKill Sniper PC3-16000 7-8-7 · OCZ Agility3 SSD 240GB + Intel 320 SSD 160GB + Samsung F3 2TB + WD 640AAKS 640GB · Corsair 650D · DELL U2711 27"

Xtreme Cable Management Freak
    looks like its gonna be a good one, cant wait to see another great tj-07 build
    Project: HeadShot
    Intel i7 3770k | Corsair H100
    EVGA GTX-590 Classified | XSPC GTX 590 Waterblock
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 MotherBoard | Swiftech MCR-320 Res/Rad/Pump
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Ram
    Crucial M4 128GB / Intel X25-M 160GB / WD 1TB Black
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    27" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1440)
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

You best be Crunching and Folding/GPUgrid'ing!

great project name! waiting for progress

Xtreme Member
    Like Shazza said, loved the work you did on your storm sniper, cant wait to see what you can do with a TJ07 ...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaByBoI View Post
    looks like its gonna be a good one, cant wait to see another great tj-07 build
    Thank you, i'm going to do my best, taking the time it needs (and deserves) so everything goes as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by illidan View Post
    great project name! waiting for progress
    Progress is here... well, a little at least

Quote Originally Posted by jpm804 View Post
    Like Shazza said, loved the work you did on your storm sniper, cant wait to see what you can do with a TJ07 ...
    I expect nothing but to take this '07 to new heights, hope i'm up to it

The FESER family finally made their way home.

I had no idea they offered a "corrosion blocker" with their 480 model. Nice!

There were no acetal tops available, but as the pumps will be hidden it's no big deal. It would look nice anyway, don't you think?

Here already assembled and properly sleeved. I know it's going to be hidden but if i didn't sleeve it, it would probably hunt me in my dreams, so... I did it!

Unfortunately the camera battery died on me, so no more pictures for now. The acrylic parts are near complete, my guess is that those will be far more interesting to show then the "i've seen it all before" parts anyway.

I am waiting for those parts to arrive so i can check which sections of the case will need painting and to make the final loop design.

See you soon!

Xtreme Member
    Looking forward to seeing how you'll layout the pumps and reservoirs. Keep up the good work!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Greetings!

I am almost done with the painting, the acrylic parts should arrive this week too so i'm gonna have something to work with next weekend. Meanwhile i checked how much room would i have to work with once the radiators are in place...

This Feser 480 is really really huge. Can't even start to imagine how big is the 'Monsta' model

Here are the PCI-E covers already painted. This time i used 2 layers of primer and 2 layers of paint.

The guys responsible for the painting...

Wow, i'm amazed at the result. Turned out impressive

Most of this will be covered in the end, but if anything shows, i want it to be black.

Some other parts, in queue for the paint job.

Thanks for looking, next update will probably be bigger and with a few surprises

Cheers!
    Last edited by NaMcO; 11-23-2009 at 08:51 AM.

That paint job looks like powder coated.
    Cheers!

Hi NaMcO , is that the same paint that you've used in Storm Sniper ?

Looks great the paintjob , just like Sniper

(nş 1 post)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yup same paint. This time i used primer, it does make a difference in the finish.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NaMcO View Post
    Yup same paint. This time i used primer, it does make a difference in the finish.
    Looks nice but there´s an area at one of the photos you can see a kind of bubles in the paint at least 3 of them .. altough its not the best paint for this kind of use , it looks really nice ...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Those are probably debree that got stuck in the metal prior to applying primer. It's not important, and you'll see why later on

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well... Today is the day where the heavier modding begins. The acrylic parts are 80% made and already here for the final adjustments (if required) and they're absolutely superb. Mister Patuga from Coldzero (www.coldzero.pt) once again exceeded himself with these custom TJ07 parts.

The main chassis looks like this for now...

Already painted the stands that keep the case's shape as intended...

This one's not difficult to figure out:

The attention to detail is breathtaking, unlike the photos which fail to display it properly:

So that part goes together with this one, also painted from the original case...

And also this acrylic one...

To form a customized TJ07 motherboard tray

Back view. There will be no fans, only on top as everything will be cooled by water.

This is a Power Supply holder also acrylic so it matches the other parts.

This is a 240mm radiator stand:

And its bigger brother which will hold the 480mm Feser:

Meanwhile you may try to figure out what this is...

Well, that's it for now. It's late here and i had a real taxing day. I will update soon with day shots and will also include the rest of the parts. There's a lot to assemble and organize now

See ya soon
    Last edited by NaMcO; 11-25-2009 at 11:58 PM.

Excellent paint work Namco, like all the customized parts on your TJ07.
    Guess the last 2 photo was a mid plate on your TJ07, the last photo show there should be your 24 pins past through the hole.

Xtreme Member
    Midplate is my guess too!

Is that website coldzero.com incorrect?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
    Midplate is my guess too!

Is that website coldzero.com incorrect?
    I found a www.coldzero.pt dont know if it is the samething or not
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm sorry guys, it's indeed www.coldzero.pt, the guy that produced all these wonderful acrylic parts. That "mysterious" part is actually an extension to the motherboard tray which will cover the rest of the space up to the front of the case. It will drive the 24-pin power cables to the back as well as some tubing

Xtreme Member
    Namco - that custom motherboard tray looks amazing.

Do you know if codzero would be willing build another motherboard tray ( just where the motherboard goes) upon request? I would love to get my hands on something like that for my build.

Also keep up the good work, can't wait to see how the plate with the power connector and tubing turns out.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    NaMcO: There's an intangible, modular, quality in your projects that jive REALLY well with my own design tendencies. The parts placement maybe, or the fact that the 24pin splitting plate is screwed in and not epoxied. I really like it man, and I hope you don't mind, I get a lot of good ideas from your projects. Keep it coming!

Those parts seem familiar

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast