Thread: Crashed Bugatti

Xtreme Addict

Crashed Bugatti

Guy swerves into a Texas lake and gets his Bugatti Veyron a little wet.
    http://www.am1500.com/link/Guy_crash...dging_pelicans

Edit- Guess it was the same guy that had his Enzo crashed by Eddie Griffin.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Actual video of the crash, taking by someone gawking at the veyron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtY1G...feature=autofb

I was just on my way to post this in the cars section. This guy is such an idiot, he has the privilege to have a veyron and hes ignorant enough to be on his cell and not paying attention. I hope Top Gear destroys him in their news section, surly they will talk about this massive FAIL

Q9300 [Crunch] / XFX GTX285 [Fold] / EVGA 750i
    Two 250GB 7200 / 4GB XMS2 800 / 1Kw XPS PSU / Freezer Pro 7
    10,797 3DMark Vantage / Scythe 120mm Case fans / Vista U. 64
    PS3 - 700 Work Units and going strong!, XPS 720 H2C Case
    Crunching 24/7 on Q9300....might upgrade to an i7

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That guy should be euthanized out of courtesy.

Xtreme Cable Management Freak
    MY god.... i would cry for ages if that was my car.... he needs to have his money stipped from him before he ruins anymore nice cars..
    Project: HeadShot
    Intel i7 3770k | Corsair H100
    EVGA GTX-590 Classified | XSPC GTX 590 Waterblock
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 MotherBoard | Swiftech MCR-320 Res/Rad/Pump
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Ram
    Crucial M4 128GB / Intel X25-M 160GB / WD 1TB Black
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    27" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1440)
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

You best be Crunching and Folding/GPUgrid'ing!

Xtreme Member
    omg
    www.vitesse24.de
    www.vitesse24.de

C2Q q6600 3.3GHZ @ 1,184V
    4,5GHZ@ 1,52V ( 9* 500 )

Corsair Dominator 10000 2gb, 8888 2gb, 9136 1gb

Xtreme Addict
    Oh, that poor hyper machine :'(

What a reckless operator.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I see this type of e being said all the time. Privileged to own a car? I am sick and tired of this crap, obviously the guy has money and he bought one not because it was a privilege but because he shelled out his money.

I can say one thing though, ok he drove it into a marsh, I am sure its not the first or last time that type of crap will happen. The only difference here is because the guy crashed a multi million dollar car vs 500 dollar beater he ends up being the laugh of the web. Money is a relative thing, in some countries 500 dollars are more than 6 months pay to put things into perspective.

The way I see it I nether feel bad for the car nor the owner. I am sure he can replace the damn thing if he wants to.
    My pc: |||Abit AL8-V||| P4 631@4.6ghz||| 4x512 PDP pc2-4200@4-4-4-12 2.0v|||1x250gb WD 16mb sata||| 6600gt 500/1000@ 610/1240||| TDK dvd burner||| watercooled cpu and gpu and custom moded case.

Project Hard Lined

Xtreme Cruncher
    Bugatti Veyron: 1.2 Million dollars
    Highway: many many tax dollars

Not being able the drive it down a straight road: priceless

Life's Replay
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguarking11 View Post
    I see this type of e being said all the time. Privileged to own a car? I am sick and tired of this crap, obviously the guy has money and he bought one not because it was a privilege but because he shelled out his money.

I can say one thing though, ok he drove it into a marsh, I am sure its not the first or last time that type of crap will happen. The only difference here is because the guy crashed a multi million dollar car vs 500 dollar beater he ends up being the laugh of the web. Money is a relative thing, in some countries 500 dollars are more than 6 months pay to put things into perspective.

The way I see it I nether feel bad for the car nor the owner. I am sure he can replace the damn thing if he wants to.
    Yes. Yes, yes, yes. I think the people who complain about this are pathetic. it makes zero difference if the car he drove into the lake is worth 1.4 Million USD or 300 bucks, none. You buy what you can afford and what you want to buy, it's nobody else's business and whoever judges the driver based on what car they drive is a shallow moron.

Why is he a bad person for destroying something more expensive? If I can afford to buy a Veyron, I can afford to crash it. End of story.
    Self-proclaimed and convincing.

Intel i5 760 | Prolimatech Genesis CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 480 | Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme Plus II GPU Cooler | Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600 | Crucial C300 64GB SSD | 5 TB+ of storage | Corsair Obsidian 550d | Corsair HX850

13" Macbook Pro

Nikon D90 | Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR | Nikon 35mm f/1.8G | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 Macro HSM | Nikon SB-900 | Braun 5000

Twitter | Life's Replay

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSRboy View Post
    Bugatti Veyron: 1.2 Million dollars
    Highway: many many tax dollars

Not being able the drive it down a straight road: priceless
    Try doing whatever he was doing at the time, I doubt you would be able to either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootup05 View Post
    Try doing whatever he was doing at the time, I doubt you would be able to either.
    I hope that most people have the sense to not be so careless while driving, regardless of what car they own. This story could be much worse, just imagine if instead of a lake, it was a brick wall, or a group of school children.

Xtreme Cruncher
    i guess it comes down to whether your a car enthusiast or not. Some people arnt into cars and dont care, and some people care a whole lot

Fact is, he wasnt putting the effort into driving this car that he should have, typically when driving a 1 million dollar car you pay attention to you road, its not an excusible mistake, hes an idiot, and thats how it is

Xtreme Member
    Jay Leno can afford a Veyron and I'm pretty sure it hurt him a little to see a destroyed Bugatti.
    It's like saying "it doesn't matter if you destroy a picture of your mum or the Mona Lisa".

Generalizations are, in general, wrong.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gallardo View Post
    Jay Leno can afford a Veyron and I'm pretty sure it hurt him a little to see a destroyed Bugatti.
    It's like saying "it doesn't matter if you destroy a picture of your mum or the Mona Lisa".
    Thats right, however on last count Mona Lisa is one example vs the veyron is not. Not to mention I praticularly dont care for the car itself. If I had an unlimited amount of money and could buy all the cars in the world, the veyron would be right under a yougo with a URQ drivetrain swap. Get my drift? The veyron is not art in my eyes, its not even a technological wonder. Its the equivalent of a 100,000,000 dollar tshirt. braging right on how much money I spent on crap, not built on its own merits. Now if it was an old jag D-Type I would weep a bit because that car has the petigree and the beauty asociated with art.
    My pc: |||Abit AL8-V||| P4 631@4.6ghz||| 4x512 PDP pc2-4200@4-4-4-12 2.0v|||1x250gb WD 16mb sata||| 6600gt 500/1000@ 610/1240||| TDK dvd burner||| watercooled cpu and gpu and custom moded case.

Project Hard Lined

Xtreme Member
    Thats right, however on last count Mona Lisa is one example vs the veyron is not. Not to mention I praticularly dont care for the car itself. If I had an unlimited amount of money and could buy all the cars in the world, the veyron would be right under a yougo with a URQ drivetrain swap. Get my drift? The veyron is not art in my eyes, its not even a technological wonder. Its the equivalent of a 100,000,000 dollar tshirt. braging right on how much money I spent on crap, not built on its own merits. Now if it was an old jag D-Type I would weep a bit because that car has the petigree and the beauty asociated with art.
    It doesn't matter if it's the prettiest or fastest car in the world. It doesn't matter if it's art in your eyes. It matters that it's one of the rarest cars in the world and that rarity is what sells.
    Of course it's not one of a kind like the Mona Lisa. That's why the Mona Lisa is worth more.
    But think 50-100 years in the future. When you can count the number of Veyrons in the world with your fingers. It's a car that cost 1 million euros and yet the company that made it had a 300% loss on every one of them. It's a 1000HP car when other car makers were just getting to 500HP. It's not a tricked up Supra, it was designed to keep those 1000 HP under control and be a reliable car. And as luxurious as the best of the german limousines. It has it all and the looks are NOT BAD, even if they're not the best.
    Combine all that with the incredibly exclusive brand name that is Bugatti and you just know that car is going to be a future classic. It has happened before, you know:

And that's why destroying a Veyron is such a shame.

Generalizations are, in general, wrong.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I wouldn't worry about what he says dude, he's not one for art and cars it seems.

It's a shame that he messed up such a car though, he should of gave it to me or something instead of ruining it.
    Main Rig

AMD Athlon X2 3800+ @ 2.8GHz (10x 280MHz) | ABit Kn9 NF4 | 4GB GSkill DDR2 - 800MHz | ATi Radeon HIS HD3870 | 530w Hiper Type M PSU

80GB Western Digital SATA300 Boot Drive | 500GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive | 400GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive | 400GB Seagate Barracuda UDMA IDE Storage Drive | 200GB Samsung Spinpoint UDMA IDE Storage Drive | 160GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive

Windows Server 2008 x64 | Dual Screen: 20" TFT @ 1920x1080 | 19" TFT @ 1440x900

Media Streaming Rig/Spare PC

Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz | Generic Motherboard | 768mb Kingston DDR - 400MHz | ATi Radeon 9250SE | 350w AOpen PSU

20GB Western Digital IDE Drive

Windows XP Professional x86 w/SP3 | TV/Monitor @ 1920x1080

Entertainment Centre

40" Sony Bravia @ 1920x1080 | Sony Playstation 3 | Microsoft Xbox 360 (RED RING OF DEATH)

I am Xtreme
    lol I had posted this here <><><><>Linkage<><><><>
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Cruncher
    @gallardo - i agree with you. Most people dont understand what the Veyron is, they think it just 1,000hp. The 1,00hp is not what makes the veyron amazing, its that it does 254mph with my mom behind the wheel all while being rock solid. Its being able to do 175mph with one hand on the wheel and carry on a conversation. Its more complex than a body w/ lots of power.

And i do see it as a work of art, its a combination of form and function, they spend a decade working on it, they spend 5 million to build one, and there are only 15 on the US. I can see it being rear-ended by a truck, or losing control on a track (maybe), but driving into a lagoon on a STRAIGHT road because you were fumbling w/ your cellphone and "saw a bird"...not acceptable

Xtreme CCIE

If I may I would like to play devils advocate and refute your argument to justify the enjoyment many of us get out of this video.

You say that money is a relative thing, and that someone crashing a cheap car in a poor part of the world is the same thing as this idiot crashing his Bugatti. This is a false analogy. While $500 (to pick an arbitrary number) may be a lot of money in a poor country... $1 million is a hell of a lot more in that country too. And the thing is, there is nowhere in the world where it is not a lot of money. Relative prosperity might exist, but absolute prosperity exists as well, and this man has absolute prosperity. Given that, I would suggest that the "have nots" are welcome to laugh at the "haves" from a social point of view... when the "have nots" stop laughing is when riots break out. Socially at least, this makes it acceptable.

My next argument relates to what was broken. Yes, some have argued they don't like it. Well bully for them - like it or not (I could personally take it or leave it) one must acknowledge that it is in the "super car" class and would be on a list of the technically best designed and executed automobiles ever built. By natural design people cherish the best of anything and shun the worst (if we did not we never would have progressed past the tree line); this man destroyed (one of) the best of something through absolute negligence and thereby deserves the public's scorn. Whether it is his right as the owner of the piece of property in question is truly beside the point; although he has a right to destroy it if he wants, we also have a biological right to dislike him for it.

There are also arguments that relate to him squandering money on the car and how money-squandering is a social evil as well, but that quickly devolves into a very long and protracted debate that this really isn't appropriate for.

As a matter of personal curiosity, do you have an above average income, or have parents who do? I grew up with not a lot of money around people who did have a lot of money, and I found that invariably arguments like that tended to come from the 'haves' as part of justifying their lifestyle. I am not saying you are (that would be accepting stereotypes as 100% true) nor am I using this question to refute your position, I am just curious [so feel free not to respond one way or the other].
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

I am Xtreme
    Not paying attention to the road because a cell phone fell.........- Instinctive reaction by most anyone though the smarter thing to do, is pay attention to the road and not worry about the cell phone. Call back feature works wonders.

Driving off a straight road while not under the influence of something to alter the conscious thought process regardless of the value of the car inexcusable. (Making the choice to avoid hitting something that actually is in the way is an instinctive reaction)

Blaming said accident on a bird that is clearly not seen in the video while reaching for a cell phone that could have been retrieved @ a later time. Hell he could have even pulled over for a second to get it.

That is the comical part because he had/has the money to buy the car but not the common sense to pull over to retrieve the cell phone AND blame the accident on avoiding a bird that no one else seems to see in the video.

Value of car aside, even if it was a beat up POS jalopy worth less then a stick of gum. It would still have comedic value given the same situation.

Add in the value and rarity of the car, the blatant lie about the bird, the excuse of reaching for the cell phone, the weather conditions of the road, the recording of the accident by a third party and then the fact the driver doesn't seem to think in this day and age that thousands if not millions of people will see the video on the net and laugh @ him?

Yeah many of us have made stupid mistakes, but when was the last time you ditched a car worht over $1.5Mil in a salt lagoon because of a invisible Pelican and a dropped cell phone?
    Last edited by phelan1777; 11-18-2009 at 10:15 PM.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    As a matter of personal curiosity, do you have an above average income, or have parents who do? I grew up with not a lot of money around people who did have a lot of money, and I found that invariably arguments like that tended to come from the 'haves' as part of justifying their lifestyle. I am not saying you are (that would be accepting stereotypes as 100% true) nor am I using this question to refute your position, I am just curious [so feel free not to respond one way or the other].
    Yes I do have an above average income if you go by national US salary average. However I come from a poor family, just 15 years ago we lived in a cramped apartment in the ghetto in the bronx, everything we have has been through hard work and allot of sacrifice, so if your asking if I know the value of a dollar....I believe I do. I am paying off for my school as we speak, and in my eyes it was allot of money. Do I make a huge amount of money? Certainly not by any standard. I live comfortably within my means. However this is besides the point. My perspective is simple relativity, 15 years ago 500usd would have been allot of money to loose for me and my family, today its not as bad...I would certainly feel bad about loosing 500usd today, however it would not effect me quite as much as it would have.

So for me, coming from my background, I do not tolerate anyone judging the way I spend my money or squander it. Reasoning is simple, I worked hard for it and if it brings me joy to pile it up and set it on fire, then so be it. Get my point? I hope you do.

Project Hard Lined